Would you buy a made-in-china car?

Cerano

Neutral Newbie

easily can find in geyland.. wad the big deal?

Not true le..Dun tink u find such nice "Headlights" in geylang..:-P

↡ Advertisement

If in SG, buy AMG got anything special?

Take this with a pinch of salt. When u buy brand new conti car in SG, collection is alway a nice affair even for average brands like VW and mini. Cannot say the same for jap cars though. Bad experience collecting my sister's Mitsubishi. I do wonder how it's like collecting a Porsche like at stuggart or any other supercars.

Neutral Newbie

You know the AMG factory organises such pickups for even American buyers?

MB will fly the owners from the US to Affalterbach to view and tour the AMG factory before collecting the car and meeting the engineer who made the engine.

Every engine is handbuilt so the BHP may differ...

They also put you up in a 4-5 * hotel for 1 night and pay for your food and stuff.

Then they give you temporary german insurance/plates and send you on your way and you can choose which port to drive your car to where they will load your car onto the ship and fly you back to the US.

You will then wait 2-3 weeks for your car.

and the best part? All this for free

That is german pride.

That is german handiwork.

That is german art

yes of course, at the end of the day, the price you pay is also german....the evergreen truth is mostly true i guess. . . . .yi fen qian yi fen huo. . . haha

Neutral Newbie

hmm i wouldn't, i think they have some way to go in terms of reliability and credibility, but i think they should get to it one day.

Take this with a pinch of salt. When u buy brand new conti car in SG, collection is alway a nice affair even for average brands like VW and mini. Cannot say the same for jap cars though. Bad experience collecting my sister's Mitsubishi. I do wonder how it's like collecting a Porsche like at stuggart or any other supercars.

I'm not sure if cnc offers this option here

I know Europe and US does

haha Porsche only bout AMG price or less depending on the model.

Lambo I heard when u collect ur car they will throw a party for you to show off to all your friends

yes of course, at the end of the day, the price you pay is also german....the evergreen truth is mostly true i guess. . . . .yi fen qian yi fen huo. . . haha

ya lor

$$$ talks

dont tell him... but i actually prefer your avatar's boobs... i refer half cup...

wahaha [laugh]

[bigcry] you "got no heart" so fast change your heart already [smash][laugh]

[bigcry] you "got no heart" so fast change your heart already [smash][laugh]

so sorry..... i get weak... very weak in the presence of beauty...

Last time , people also swear never buy Korean cars. See what happen now? Now, maybe not, but I don't discount the possibility in future where they have good car that suit my needs.

True, when i was young, people also swear never buy MIJ cars, only buy Conti.

See what happen now?

MIC car?

now, maybe not, but i will still keep an eye on them.

they took only about 5 years to hit international.

others took about 10 years.

I like Chery A3...

If it suit my need, and price is right, why not?

:P

True, when i was young, people also swear never buy MIJ cars, only buy Conti.

See what happen now?

MIC car?

now, maybe not, but i will still keep an eye on them.

they took only about 5 years to hit international.

others took about 10 years.

I like Chery A3...

If it suit my need, and price is right, why not?

:P

this is why

[laugh] buay tahan right

===============

Ya but I just dreaming only.

Cannot afford it lah. Maybe in another country I might b able to get an old 1 in good condition & do it up till swee & drive to my hearts content. [drivingcar]

close up of the collection area

in the AMG performance studio they will customise ANYTHING you can think of. ANYTHING at all. For a price of course.

==============

U went to Stuggart to collect [sly] ? Cos the 1st pic looks like not from website.

I like the white convertable with 6 exhaust pipes.

Only SGD60K. How come so cheap????

hmm i wouldn't, i think they have some way to go in terms of reliability and credibility, but i think they should get to it one day.

================

Yeah one day. When that day comes I think is a long time away. [laugh]

I don't know about you guys, I came from a country that doesn't made its own car. So I am more reserve when I critics others.

I do however have the fortune to work at a historic car manufacturer, even though only for a while, due to work permit issue.*sigh*. You can laterally feel the heritage just by the signature olive green wall that greets you everyday, reminding all who worked there the racing heritage & the "right" to wore the national colors.

I can't speak for all, but I can see the pride some of the engineers I worked with. In my opinion, making a car is about engineering, styling, passion & commitment. If the Chinese car maker can put the same passion into their car, I think they can come a long way.

Isn't the Japanese & Korean been criticize for being copycats, the only difference between them & the Chinese that the Chinese simply make it obvious without feeling ashame of it at all. But they have, & will continue to improve & have their own character, surely & even quite quickly me reckon.

At least they are trying, & some are actually quite successful, aided by their huge domestic market.

↡ Advertisement