• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
1935 replies to this topic | 933 praises

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:34 PM

Picanto

Anyone used FK / Massimo engine oil before? Recently someone introduced me to use this engine oil. so far so good. FC seems better by 0.4 km/l at least for the half of the 1st fuel refill.

we are talking about cheap oils here

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:06 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

guys, recently something terrible happened to my car due to engine oil. after servicing i left the left over engine oil bottle in the boot. one day the bottle fell on its side, and all the oil flow out, and sipped thru the groves down into the spare tyre compartment.

after using about 2 rolls of toilet paper there were still considerable oil around, my goodness. so pls dont leave your engine oil bottle in the boot like i did. bigcry.gif

Spill is a small thing. Just troublesome to clean.

You are very fortunate that with the spill, the oil did not manage to mix with some stuff in your boot that potentially can cause fire.
|1994|Legum Baccalaureus-Legum Magister|Financial Prudence|HDB|MedisaveApproveIntegratedPlan-Insurance|Manchester United FC|Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Specifications-Parts-Accessories|Suzuki Swift GS|Mitsubishi Lancer CS 3|Volkswagen Golf MKVI|Audi A4B9|

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:16 PM

Hulk
  • Premium member
    Hulk
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

But if every 5k change, the labour for oil change is abt $20 leh...unless u change urself

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:57 PM

Fuzzylogic
  • Fuzzylogic
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I think unless there is some qualitative analysis of the cheap oils to substantiate that they are indeed of lower quality and will cause damage to the engine can we declare them as a non viable option.

I do not have any affiliation to c-----e but it is also certified for use in Porsche, VW and also BMW (long life). I do not think c-----e would pass those ceritifications if it were indeed of inferior quality. Same goes for some of the other 'lesser' and cheaper brands on the market.

At a minimum, the rest of the cheap oils are also API SM certified. So they must meet at least a baseline to attain such certification. It is true that they might not last as long but back to the point that it allows for more frequent oil changes due to the much lower cost.

Personally, I like the idea of more frequent oil changes versus paying premium and trying to squeeze the most mileage out of an expensive oil.

Edited by Fuzzylogic, 11 June 2010 - 07:06 PM.

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:01 PM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

In fact most of the european car makers are trying to design oil monitoring/ adv systems that will help in extending the oil usage time. Most of the systems use in BMW MB VW are using programmes to calculate oil change time base on many variable factors such as frequency of starting, starting time and oil temp etc not just mileage alone.
Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:36 PM

Ken4555
  • Premium member
    Ken4555
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

But if every 5k change, the labour for oil change is abt $20 leh...unless u change urself

bro you got read properly anot who change for me??? muar lah...
==FEMALE ORGASM TIKO RANGER== because the gal MUST cum....

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:42 PM

Ken4555
  • Premium member
    Ken4555
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

In fact most of the european car makers are trying to design oil monitoring/ adv systems that will help in extending the oil usage time. Most of the systems use in BMW MB VW are using programmes to calculate oil change time base on many variable factors such as frequency of starting, starting time and oil temp etc not just mileage alone.

look at this example...

an average merc.. approx 6 liters of EO...

a sunny/sentra 1.6/1.8.. approx 2.5 ;iters of EO...

now HOW in the world is the sunny's engne oil suppose to last as long as the merc??

all modern multigrade EO removes and suspends the petrol by products (except single grade oils used in racing example daytona, brands like redline has single grade oils)... carbon... watever dirt... the longer you leave the oil in the engine, the more the dirt circulates in the engine... tell me how good is that?

any mech with a brain will tell you frequent oil changes will benefit the engine... watever make cc size brand...

happy.gif

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:03 PM

Chilla18
  • Chilla18
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Not all cheap oil are bad and not all are good it depends on the base oil use and additives use also as base oil there is Type 1, Type 2, and Type 3, than it also depends where the base oil are refine in. If from is it refine here in Singapore (better), China, russia or some other parts of the world (third world countries) than hard to say liao. There is a shortage of base oil in the market as 4 barrels of crude oil will only give you 1 barrell of base oil.

This is what I know to the best of my knowledge. Just my 2cents worth. wink.gif

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:48 PM

Showtime
  • Showtime
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

any mech with a brain will tell you frequent oil changes will benefit the engine... watever make cc size brand...

happy.gif

definitely. but where is the line drawn? beyond which gains are negligible and not noticeable?
Little left of centre-line...

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:40 PM

Shando
  • Shando
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

i think you have a rather small brain...

PETROL GOT CHOICE AH??????????????? your grandfather's petrol station?

whereas engine oils have so many choices out there... choose sensibly priced ones over ridiculously priced ones which give you no noticeale power increase whatsoever... that smart?

AND WHO THE FCUK SAID CHERRY IS AS GOOD AS A MERC??? most brainless statement of the day... wat a dumb comparision....

you quite stupid sia... sleep.gif

dont mind me... very straight forward... laugh.gif

That is precisely what i'm trying to say, isn't it DUMB to assume super cheap oil will gives the same performance as expensive high quality oil. Seriously that is the "most brainless statement of the day". laugh.gif

Since you so cheap, let me recommend you buy those diesel oil by pail, $20 for 20L from Forklift. Your Sunny need 3L only, so $3 per oil change cannot be any cheaper liao.

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:43 PM

Cerano
  • Premium member
    Cerano
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

look at this example...

an average merc.. approx 6 liters of EO...

a sunny/sentra 1.6/1.8.. approx 2.5 ;iters of EO...

now HOW in the world is the sunny's engne oil suppose to last as long as the merc??

all modern multigrade EO removes and suspends the petrol by products (except single grade oils used in racing example daytona, brands like redline has single grade oils)... carbon... watever dirt... the longer you leave the oil in the engine, the more the dirt circulates in the engine... tell me how good is that?

happy.gif

wah lau come and average me la. hao lian laugh.gif

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:44 PM

Ken4555
  • Premium member
    Ken4555
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

definitely. but where is the line drawn? beyond which gains are negligible and not noticeable?

the line is drawn where the wallet permits...

the mind is a powerful thing... if you feel its good and better, nothing else matters..

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:49 PM

Ken4555
  • Premium member
    Ken4555
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Not all cheap oil are bad and not all are good it depends on the base oil use and additives use also as base oil there is Type 1, Type 2, and Type 3, than it also depends where the base oil are refine in. If from is it refine here in Singapore (better), China, russia or some other parts of the world (third world countries) than hard to say liao. There is a shortage of base oil in the market as 4 barrels of crude oil will only give you 1 barrell of base oil.

This is what I know to the best of my knowledge. Just my 2cents worth. wink.gif

wat do you know about group5 ester based oils... heard motul is double ester smthing...

so wats the diff fro type 1 or 2 or 3?

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:02 AM

Ken4555
  • Premium member
    Ken4555
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

That is precisely what i'm trying to say, isn't it DUMB to assume super cheap oil will gives the same performance as expensive high quality oil. Seriously that is the "most brainless statement of the day". laugh.gif

Since you so cheap, let me recommend you buy those diesel oil by pail, $20 for 20L from Forklift. Your Sunny need 3L only, so $3 per oil change cannot be any cheaper liao.

omg you just simply dont get it... an assumption??? when? and how can an assumption be a statement???...

pls dont talk like as if you some fcuking chemist... i have been using bloody expensive oils before... i am now testing to see the difference... you think engine oils got magic ah? put better more expensive ones your car can fly? dont be an idiot...

tell me you are a lubricant chemist and that you drive a heavily modded TC SC car... i will shut the fcuk up...

haiz... you go use your expensive oil theory...

i will do my own butt dyno on these cheaper oils...

by the way, engine oils in the states and UK are pretty cheap compared to here in SG... so we may see c@rlube as cheap... and Giant getting it in bulk and their promo... so even cheaper... and other oils here sell so bloody expensive... so we assume any engine oil here in Singapore that is not expensive as cheap oil and cant be good... think another bro did mention this also...

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:19 AM

Ken4555
  • Premium member
    Ken4555
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Update on my cheap oil trial...

This afternoon... Prepared for my oil change... Decided to forgo changing the oil filter as I couldn't find a wrench in the 2 hardware shops I visited... Jacked the car up one side... Crawled below risking my life... Loosened the nut... Plc the empty 5liter bottle lying dwn with half top cut off... Wore rubber gloves... Took out the nut... Oil all over my hand... Felt my fingers cooked... Lowered back the car... Realized my car too low crumpled the bottle... Some oil spill on the ground... Waste time hv to clean up... Argh...

Anyways to cut short filled up... Started engine... Seems quieter compared to earlier with used hot 5k OWS... Probably new oil n its cold oil... Drove around for abt 20k... Idle pretty quiet... Driving seems the same... Rev to redline no noticeable difference... But my butt dyno seems to feel the engine a little slightly more rough... Like shell helix ultra... Will monitor the FC for my next full tank... So far feels like my usual OWS NA racing just an hour ago... But I guess it'll probably not last as long, the smoothness of new oil. But hey for the same price I can change every 2k.. Haha... Btw my ows came out terrible like long kang water... 5k only... Hope the present smoothness last for 5k at least... if not then will look for another cheap oil to test... happy.gif

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:21 AM

Shando
  • Shando
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

omg you just simply dont get it... an assumption??? when? and how can an assumption be a statement???...

pls dont talk like as if you some fcuking chemist... i have been using bloody expensive oils before... i am now testing to see the difference... you think engine oils got magic ah? put better more expensive ones your car can fly? dont be an idiot...

tell me you are a lubricant chemist and that you drive a heavily modded TC SC car... i will shut the fcuk up...

haiz... you go use your expensive oil theory...

i will do my own butt dyno on these cheaper oils...

by the way, engine oils in the states and UK are pretty cheap compared to here in SG... so we may see c@rlube as cheap... and Giant getting it in bulk and their promo... so even cheaper... and other oils here sell so bloody expensive... so we assume any engine oil here in Singapore that is not expensive as cheap oil and cant be good... think another bro did mention this also...

Tsk Tsk Tsk... every word out of your mouth "fcuking lah, stupid lah or scold people idiot", this only reflect how badly upon ypurself. I already tell you already, if you are so cheap, might as well go buy those diesel oil by the pail $20 for 20L. cheap enough or not.

Edited by Shando, 12 June 2010 - 12:25 AM.

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:26 AM

Ken4555
  • Premium member
    Ken4555
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Tsk Tsk Tsk... every word out of your mouth "fcuking lah, stupid lah or scold people idiot", this only reflect how badly upon ypurself. I already tell you already, if you are so cheap, might as well go buy those diesel oil by the pail $20 for 20L. cheap enough or not.

yes i admit i am uncouth at times... down right rude infact... especially to idiots... opps... if thats too rude for you then err... to smart alecks...

i guess nobody's perfect... i know i'm definately far from it...

this topic is 'come on in if you are into cheap oils'... you freaking BLIND or DUMB?... opps again... my choice of words too strong for you?...

i have re-read your posts... not only do you not make sense, you talk c0ck... you know i drive a sunny and you suggest diesel oil to me twice... tell me you're not an idiot... sleep.gif u trying to be funny but look stupid trying...

before you click on +quote or "reply... think if what you are going to say makes any sense... if not pls dont bother... pls carry on with your life...

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:55 AM

Picanto

i will not even want to make friends with a vulgar boor. everyone has their own opinion and we can voice it out. when someone disagree with him, all the vulgar language will come out. this speaks so much about his character.

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:16 AM

Hachi
  • Hachi
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I didnt know that thousands of dollars spend on tax and coe will made so many thought toys are expensive.....
Same model in other countries people treat it like dirt....
I am saying those less than 80k no frills cars here......
Frequent oil change is for me...

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:22 AM

Weiming
  • Weiming
    4th Gear
    Author Image

The only way to determine if cheap or expensive oil is good is through a Used Oil Analysis. Hard data that can be interpreted.

For education:
http://www.bobistheo...oilanalysis.htm

The test lab I use:
http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: Come, into, cheap, engine, oils

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users