Come on in if you are into cheap engine oils...

Ken4555

Update on my cheap oil trial...

This afternoon... Prepared for my oil change... Decided to forgo changing the oil filter as I couldn't find a wrench in the 2 hardware shops I visited... Jacked the car up one side... Crawled below risking my life... Loosened the nut... Plc the empty 5liter bottle lying dwn with half top cut off... Wore rubber gloves... Took out the nut... Oil all over my hand... Felt my fingers cooked... Lowered back the car... Realized my car too low crumpled the bottle... Some oil spill on the ground... Waste time hv to clean up... Argh...

Anyways to cut short filled up... Started engine... Seems quieter compared to earlier with used hot 5k OWS... Probably new oil n its cold oil... Drove around for abt 20k... Idle pretty quiet... Driving seems the same... Rev to redline no noticeable difference... But my butt dyno seems to feel the engine a little slightly more rough... Like shell helix ultra... Will monitor the FC for my next full tank... So far feels like my usual OWS NA racing just an hour ago... But I guess it'll probably not last as long, the smoothness of new oil. But hey for the same price I can change every 2k.. Haha... Btw my ows came out terrible like long kang water... 5k only... Hope the present smoothness last for 5k at least... if not then will look for another cheap oil to test... ^_^

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

omg you just simply dont get it... an assumption??? when? and how can an assumption be a statement???...

pls dont talk like as if you some fcuking chemist... i have been using bloody expensive oils before... i am now testing to see the difference... you think engine oils got magic ah? put better more expensive ones your car can fly? dont be an idiot...

tell me you are a lubricant chemist and that you drive a heavily modded TC SC car... i will shut the fcuk up...

haiz... you go use your expensive oil theory...

i will do my own butt dyno on these cheaper oils...

by the way, engine oils in the states and UK are pretty cheap compared to here in SG... so we may see c@rlube as cheap... and Giant getting it in bulk and their promo... so even cheaper... and other oils here sell so bloody expensive... so we assume any engine oil here in Singapore that is not expensive as cheap oil and cant be good... think another bro did mention this also...

Tsk Tsk Tsk... every word out of your mouth "fcuking lah, stupid lah or scold people idiot", this only reflect how badly upon ypurself. I already tell you already, if you are so cheap, might as well go buy those diesel oil by the pail $20 for 20L. cheap enough or not.

Edited by Shando

Tsk Tsk Tsk... every word out of your mouth "fcuking lah, stupid lah or scold people idiot", this only reflect how badly upon ypurself. I already tell you already, if you are so cheap, might as well go buy those diesel oil by the pail $20 for 20L. cheap enough or not.

yes i admit i am uncouth at times... down right rude infact... especially to idiots... opps... if thats too rude for you then err... to smart alecks...

i guess nobody's perfect... i know i'm definately far from it...

this topic is 'come on in if you are into cheap oils'... you freaking BLIND or DUMB?... opps again... my choice of words too strong for you?...

i have re-read your posts... not only do you not make sense, you talk c0ck... you know i drive a sunny and you suggest diesel oil to me twice... tell me you're not an idiot... -_- u trying to be funny but look stupid trying...

before you click on +quote or "reply... think if what you are going to say makes any sense... if not pls dont bother... pls carry on with your life...

i will not even want to make friends with a vulgar boor. everyone has their own opinion and we can voice it out. when someone disagree with him, all the vulgar language will come out. this speaks so much about his character.

I didnt know that thousands of dollars spend on tax and coe will made so many thought toys are expensive.....

Same model in other countries people treat it like dirt....

I am saying those less than 80k no frills cars here......

Frequent oil change is for me...

I didnt know that thousands of dollars spend on tax and coe will made so many thought toys are expensive.....

Same model in other countries people treat it like dirt....

I am saying those less than 80k no frills cars here......

Frequent oil change is for me...

wat do you know about group5 ester based oils... heard motul is double ester smthing...

so wats the diff fro type 1 or 2 or 3?

Here's a summary on base oil grouping from Amsoil website.

http://www.pecuniary.com/faq/oil-base-stock.html

Base oil grouping only tell half of the story, the other half depending on the oil additive used. Need to consider the whole (base oil + additive) package.

My concern with those cheaper engine oil which appear in local supermarket recently is that they do not let us know the data or specification sheet of such oil. If such info be available to consumer, then we can judge for ourselves if it is suitable for our engine usage.

Update on my cheap oil trial...

This afternoon... Prepared for my oil change... Decided to forgo changing the oil filter as I couldn't find a wrench in the 2 hardware shops I visited... Jacked the car up one side... Crawled below risking my life... Loosened the nut... Plc the empty 5liter bottle lying dwn with half top cut off... Wore rubber gloves... Took out the nut... Oil all over my hand... Felt my fingers cooked... Lowered back the car... Realized my car too low crumpled the bottle... Some oil spill on the ground... Waste time hv to clean up... Argh...

Anyways to cut short filled up... Started engine... Seems quieter compared to earlier with used hot 5k OWS... Probably new oil n its cold oil... Drove around for abt 20k... Idle pretty quiet... Driving seems the same... Rev to redline no noticeable difference... But my butt dyno seems to feel the engine a little slightly more rough... Like shell helix ultra... Will monitor the FC for my next full tank... So far feels like my usual OWS NA racing just an hour ago... But I guess it'll probably not last as long, the smoothness of new oil. But hey for the same price I can change every 2k.. Haha... Btw my ows came out terrible like long kang water... 5k only... Hope the present smoothness last for 5k at least... if not then will look for another cheap oil to test... ^_^

OT a bit ... where / how do you dump your old oil?

Neutral Newbie

Diesel Oil that is selling at $20 for 20L too good to be true, I know that for a 18USQ market is selling for $25 to $30 a tin and most (95%) are recycle oil if it is virgin oil than the oil is most likely a 30 year oil oil technology under API CB and again does it really meet the API standard and that is the questionable part.

buy those diesel oil by the pail $20 for 20L. cheap enough or not.

bro , go to hardware shop and get a big packet of saw dust. throw it onto the spilled oil and after the sawdust absorbs the oil , just scoop and dispose.

i will not even want to make friends with a vulgar boor. everyone has their own opinion and we can voice it out. when someone disagree with him, all the vulgar language will come out. this speaks so much about his character.

HA

if you follow my threads closely, you will know this is not true...

so do not lie...

however it is true you dare to insult my parents but you dont have any balls to meet up...

so really... stop talking about ppl's character... when you have a pathetic one yourself....

OT a bit ... where / how do you dump your old oil?

my company van WS... opp my company...

↡ Advertisement