Texas Fried Chicken is back in Singapore!!

Berncsp76

Neutral Newbie

Ate this last friday while there for a seminar.

Taste Awful, seriously regret.

The boss and lady boss were around, the face black like charcoal.

wah! 12 and 22 pieces? :ph34r:

You guys sure can eat!

he ate mostly breast parts. i preferred the tender meat like thighs and drum. Cant imagine majority of the 22 were dry tasteless breastmeat. feeling pukish already. [hur]

Tried this and the korean fried chicken at west coast plaza, both sucks. Even kanina rogers cmi but i like their side dishes except that it's limited. Ponderosa had good salads but their mains (beef or fish) also cmi. Comes back to square one, still prefer kfc (only their chicken, not coleslaw or the powdered mash) but thai and m'sia kfc tastes better, imho [:p]

Arnold's chicken still the best of the lot. Popeyes good also but not consistent. Have yet to try Texas althought the last time when it was still around 20 yrs ago, I thought it was not bad..

I remember the original was called Texas Church Fried Chicken,

is it the same company but they just drop the word church

or it is a different company and different recipe?

From your pic its sure din look like how good it was before.

KFC in the states have buffet. U heard it buffet! they serve salad, dessert pies and delicious biscuit with the buffet! but too bad, cos its buffet, i ignore the other stuff and just whack 12 pcs. My friend can whack 22 pieces insane! still had long car ride after that, was hoping he puke.

KL got buffet fried Chicken, not KFC, also taste nice, both meat and skin.... I also whacked like more than 10pcs, ignore the rest of the side dishes... super worth it... but now the price increased drastically, so not very worth it...

he ate mostly breast parts. i preferred the tender meat like thighs and drum. Cant imagine majority of the 22 were dry tasteless breastmeat. feeling pukish already. [hur]

Breastmeat, if not over-fried, taste better than drum and thigh, juicy too.

but all the KFC outlet here got different standard.

Once I got a drum fro KFC, super small, I took it back to the counter with a plastic spoon (those for eating coleslaw and mashed potatoes).

i told the cashier, see, the spoon is bigger than small plastic spoon! how can you give me such quality of chicken?? [crazy]

22 and 12?!?!?

My record was 8 pieces after running in cross country in sec sch. Came in top 10 but ran in stupid basketball shoes. Was hungry as hell after that so just whack and whack until I was too full to walk.

Once I got a drum fro KFC, super small, I took it back to the counter with a plastic spoon (those for eating coleslaw and mashed potatoes).

i told the cashier, see, the spoon is bigger than small plastic spoon! how can you give me such quality of chicken?? [crazy]

If you encounter these smaller than usual sizes, ask them to change it as it's been kept for too long in the hot-cabinet, had a shrivelled piece of wing once, size like a baby chickadee's wing mixed with normal pieces and had it changed.

Turbocharged

Everything then are packaged.

Mash Potato is powder form - add water and blend.

The Sauce is in Packet form heat it in Microwave and serve over Potato..

So NO to your question.

Popeye chicken is Tasteless (Skin). so not shiok....

I still like KFC Original ...

mash potato in powder form is true. Add water and blend is also true...but there need to be a skill to it.

As for the sauce, I don't think it's just packet form and just heat it up.

Turbocharged

so is it really fried chicken in oil or pressure cooked as KFC claim?

It's pressure cook.

Not everyone can handle that pressure cooker.

What the..... [crazy]

I think I can puke by eating 22 drums alone...

wow, texas chicken is like almost 20 yrs ago when i ate it as a kid. if i didnt remember wrongly, it was quite tasteless then. they used to haf an outlet at bukit batok central.

is the biscuit the same one as what they serving in popeye's? I really like the biscuit man, especially with mash potato. I can do that without any chicken...

↡ Advertisement