Alfa 147 - A Decade...

DelleIII

Hi guys, had a peaceful 3 weeks of driving after spending a bomb to rebuilt my bella engine now it's acting up again... :(

This morn while changing gears at below 2.5k rpm, suddenly 1st jump to 3rd, 3rd to 5th in manual mode. Changed to city mode also the same, struggled to my workplace car park and left it to rest hoping for the best.

The priming was done this morn as per normal as I open up my driver door, the priming sound went for more than 5 secs and end before 10 secs. Same thing when I went back to collect my car after work.

This time I rev the rpm to 3k before upshifting manually to 1st and then 2nd to 3rd, 3rd will hang for 1-2 secs before struggle to 5th. As I was reaching my hm carpark, 1st will jump to 3rd and then dwn shift to 2nd and 1st.

Before my engine rebuilt Peter said that my selespeed sensor may need to change.I was told by the mech after my engine was rebuilt, he nv touch the selespeed as it was going smoothly.

Any ideas or similar exp? I really hope won't be major like accumulator or actuator as posted on the net, pocket drying up from this bella...

Hi guys, had a peaceful 3 weeks of driving after spending a bomb to rebuilt my bella engine now it's acting up again... :(

This morn while changing gears at below 2.5k rpm, suddenly 1st jump to 3rd, 3rd to 5th in manual mode. Changed to city mode also the same, struggled to my workplace car park and left it to rest hoping for the best.

The priming was done this morn as per normal as I open up my driver door, the priming sound went for more than 5 secs and end before 10 secs. Same thing when I went back to collect my car after work.

This time I rev the rpm to 3k before upshifting manually to 1st and then 2nd to 3rd, 3rd will hang for 1-2 secs before struggle to 5th. As I was reaching my hm carpark, 1st will jump to 3rd and then dwn shift to 2nd and 1st.

Before my engine rebuilt Peter said that my selespeed sensor may need to change.I was told by the mech after my engine was rebuilt, he nv touch the selespeed as it was going smoothly.

Any ideas or similar exp? I really hope won't be major like accumulator or actuator as posted on the net, pocket drying up from this bella...

Had similar experience on my 159 selespeed

Jump gear, skip down, then jam at 3/4 though stationery

Went to EA they say nothing

Peter poke in obd scanner immediately show GB error

Went back EA then they say yah

Some GB (selespeed?) sensor and changed out

But refused to tell me exactly what

Claim that I will not know anyway...

Hope this helps

All the best!!!

Had similar experience on my 159 selespeed

Jump gear, skip down, then jam at 3/4 though stationery

Went to EA they say nothing

Peter poke in obd scanner immediately show GB error

Went back EA then they say yah

Some GB (selespeed?) sensor and changed out

But refused to tell me exactly what

Claim that I will not know anyway...

Hope this helps

All the best!!!

Tks bro for the valuable input, hope its the sensor then anything more serious. Gear change is still smooth only that it skips the Even gears.

How much was the change or covered under warranty for u?

Tks bro for the valuable input, hope its the sensor then anything more serious. Gear change is still smooth only that it skips the Even gears.

How much was the change or covered under warranty for u?

Thank God was under warranty

And Peter was kind enough to help troubleshoot

Otherwise really kena hoodwinked by EA...

Will like to say Hi! to a rare white 147 ss along Pasir panjang road towards West coast after work yesterday, wanted to wave but too many cars can't get close.

My 147 will be dekitting at Kaki Bukit from Monday onwards....

It's 2006 147 selespeed with new selespeed pump, starter motor... Whoever need any parts pls msg me at 92330159.

Some stuffs to clear,

1) AlfaRomeo Brembo 4 pot 330mm Tarox rotors

Will add on the list...

Thanks!

My 147 will be dekitting at Kaki Bukit from Monday onwards....

It's 2006 147 selespeed with new selespeed pump, starter motor... Whoever need any parts pls msg me at 92330159.

Some stuffs to clear,

1) AlfaRomeo Brembo 4 pot 330mm Tarox rotors

Will add on the list...

Thanks!

I'm keen to get wheel spacer from you if you have.

Neutral Newbie

Hi All 147 owner,

I have a questioned to ask, I am seriously considering to get a used 147. Went to see the car, open the bonnet there are 2 cylinders like item on the left and right side near to the front windscreen. Both these 2 have welding on it and per sales man these are factory welded, is this true? There is no sign of accident.

Will be bring the car to workshop for inspection but can only release if i put downpayment i do not want to be tied down by the downpayment. Any advice will be appreciated.

Hi All 147 owner,

I have a questioned to ask, I am seriously considering to get a used 147. Went to see the car, open the bonnet there are 2 cylinders like item on the left and right side near to the front windscreen. Both these 2 have welding on it and per sales man these are factory welded, is this true? There is no sign of accident.

Will be bring the car to workshop for inspection but can only release if i put downpayment i do not want to be tied down by the downpayment. Any advice will be appreciated.

I think a picture in the engine bay will tell a thousand words.

Anyway since you getting a 147, msg thingy for his if his not sold yet.

I'm sure that thingy take good car of his 147.

Neutral Newbie

Hi thanks for some of you who replied. Another thing I wish to ask is Ienergi equally good with Alfa compare to AC or AS. Thinking of going Ienergi for a major servicing after getting the ride

Saw a very nice silver 147 with Italian Strips on the Grill @Raffles City yesterday. Good touch

Tks Bro [blush], I think it's my bella cause I was there the whole day

U r driving 159 SW?

Tks Bro [blush], I think it's my bella cause I was there the whole day

U r driving 159 SW?

Yap, the bro just collect his SW.

Hi thanks for some of you who replied. Another thing I wish to ask is Ienergi equally good with Alfa compare to AC or AS. Thinking of going Ienergi for a major servicing after getting the ride

I have a long history with AS, they kept my last Alfa going till 253,000km.

Currently my new GT also service with them.

3 years ago when I first collected my Alfa, I had received PMs not to go "elsewhere".

↡ Advertisement