Encounters with tyre shop

Hungee

First Centre ground floor has 2 tyres shops (at 2 extreme corners)

Personally I have patronized both and wish to share my experience.

I change 4 x CSC5 with the first shop visited by ts after severe negotiation. The plump guy tending the operation seems to be able to control the price negotiation very well as he offer me $950 for 4 pcs which I rejected. Afterwhich he asked if I opened to OEM which is cheaper at $880 for 4. I rejected as well. Then he asked what is my budget, I mentioned $850 (2 years back). He make a few calls and after that he came back and say his boss okie. As I have committed to the negotiation, I am obliged to change.

2 weeks later, while driving through Woodlands Customs, I lost concentration and hit one of my tyres at the kerb and the tyre suffered a deep slash. Changed spare and drove down the First centre. Went back to the same shop and they quoted me $235 for one pcs. Not willing to give in, since I already got spare tyre holding, I drove a couple of metre and went to Arrow Tyres, A gentleman looked at my tyre and told me non repairable, change to same tyre for $185. This is when I know I have been chopped.

interesting encountered,

correct me if I am wrong both shop have negative comment here, I think it applied to ALL shops have negative comment.

to me is very hard to justify what is reasonable or Best deal.

now your last 1 pc paid $185 you said got chop , let me share with you , if 1 continue to search you might able to find some 1 quote you lower and lower (is no ending)

and also how 1 said he/she got the exactly same Product (not just tyre)

just MHO

↡ Advertisement

Yes pls avoid arrow tyres....I bought online from forum and the seller said go arrow tyres to deal....so when there paid for the installation and told them to check the rims if got warp....they said all ok....the seller is a good fren of this arrow tyres I think as he always give a good remark of this shop.

On the same driving found that the steering vibrates at high speed...went to Tampines tyre shop and found out that one rim is warp....

f**ked that arrow tyres shop for saying all rims ok!! Swear will never go to that shop again....

(edited)

can not like this, may be there are new shop open HOW?

I remember buying battery from a shop at the corner of the first centre few years back and he refused to issue receipt and namecard. I needed it urgently and didn't insist. I don't remember the battery caused me any serious problem and I knew I will not visit the shop again when I paid and left (as I could tell the shop is unscrupulous). Having driven for more than 10 years, I came across only one shop I feel trustworthy but he does panel beating only whose I hardly need it. Business is business - a reliable and trustworthy repair shop almost doesn't exist :huh:

Edited by Fibo

Dear Dinosaka I felt sorry for your bad experience

Buying online always carry a risk especially from oversea

Because you pay first.

For Mr Dinosaka case you should go after seller. Not the store.

I personally strongly against If a store refuses to issue any official invoices as proof of purchase upon request.

It simply show the integrity of the so and so or organisation.

Also please don't accept or support the idea of no invoice NO GST all BS

just MHO

Start to enjoy the stories here then no more complains already.

Seems like a lot of things have change over the years.

Have the tyre shop improve their service since 2014?

Supercharged

Went Poh Heng to change tyres, after paying THEN they tell me one of the wheel lug bolt cannot be screwed back in.

Instead of helping to resolve the issue they caused by improper reinstallation of the wheel, they gave me the lug bolt and ask me go fix it myself.

Will never go back there again.

• Praise 3

Went Poh Heng to change tyres, after paying THEN they tell me one of the wheel lug bolt cannot be screwed back in.

Instead of helping to resolve the issue they caused by improper reinstallation of the wheel, they gave me the lug bolt and ask me go fix it myself.

Will never go back there again.

PH? They were very hot a decade ago, but I never trusted them!

• Praise 3

Hi bro,

Pls do drop by!! I am not the mentioned shop!!

Jialat liaoooooooooooooo

I think i have to compliment Arrow Tyres, i believe in praising good work. So this year on Deepavali Eve, i accidentally rubbed my new sti rims, against some construction concrete material left on tight corner, when turning from a car park. Got very upset, so wanted to fix it, called them at about 4pm, I think the boss said we can take a look. Drove down, they took a look and one of the worker bros, took the wheel out and began to get it sanded and fixed. Cost they told me its about $25. However, they dint have the colour gun metal, quite reasonable because the AD that sold me the rims also dint have the paint. So they had to get from someone else, which i had topped up about $35, after they managed to bargain a discount for me from $45. All done in under an hour. Very impressed, I also told the worker, would like to change my tyres, he looked at my tyres and said they still got thread. I think if its some other shops, they would have sold me new tyres. These guys are honest, I am definitely, coming back to change my tyres when they are due, condition that they give me a good price.

• Praise 1

I think i have to compliment Arrow Tyres, i believe in praising good work. So this year on Deepavali Eve, i accidentally rubbed my new sti rims, against some construction concrete material left on tight corner, when turning from a car park. Got very upset, so wanted to fix it, called them at about 4pm, I think the boss said we can take a look. Drove down, they took a look and one of the worker bros, took the wheel out and began to get it sanded and fixed. Cost they told me its about $25. However, they dint have the colour gun metal, quite reasonable because the AD that sold me the rims also dint have the paint. So they had to get from someone else, which i had topped up about $35, after they managed to bargain a discount for me from $45. All done in under an hour. Very impressed, I also told the worker, would like to change my tyres, he looked at my tyres and said they still got thread. I think if its some other shops, they would have sold me new tyres. These guys are honest, I am definitely, coming back to change my tyres when they are due, condition that they give me a good price.

Are you the blue sti which had your tail light plastic dimmed?

Patronised Hurry Bt Timah outlet as they had a set of used but new tyres they mentioned came out of a new ride just the week before. Partly my fault that I didn't ask and check the YoM when I was at the shop. Turned out that it is 4yo tyres and I paid just 20% less than brand new. Also wished that they could have washed my rims since they were out but guess they do not do this for used tyres. I do find them really efficient with an employee at each station of removal, balancing etc... All was done in a flash...

What happened thereafter my car steering was experiencing "sticking" and vibration when I switch lanes and I suspect the balancing was not done well. Today went to my regular tyre shop and got a earful from the uncle for buying such old tyres... not only that, discovered that the hub centric rings from a couple of my rims were missing - probably dropped when the previous wheel job was done in a hurry (pun intended).

Spent money on new set of rings, balancing, alignment etc... hope al is good now. Guess I'll use this set of tyres for one more year. Lesson learnt to always go back to your trusted workshop.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2