Opel Insignia v MB C180 CGI v Audi A4 v BMW 318i  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Which one will u buy?

• Opel Insignia 2.0
    • Mercedes-Benz C180 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY
    • Audi A4 1.8 TFSI MU Attraction
    • BMW 318i

Turbocharged

actually choosing a car isn't based on only stats, BHP, torque, top speed, century sprint. if one is choosing a car based on these stats only, Opel Insignia would be the obvious choice.

but if lets say die die, someone point a gun to your head and force me to choose from the above.. MB C180CGI for me [laugh]

High Five... but i dont need a gun to point at my head. I only need the person to pass me money. [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Don't buy 318 lah, outgoing model, unless used.

Jaguar XF is good, the interior & exterior is of totally different class with the rest, more rare as well. But then again, I think it cost more also.

Don't buy 318 lah, outgoing model, unless used.

Jaguar XF is good, the interior & exterior is of totally different class with the rest, more rare as well. But then again, I think it cost more also.

I don't think Jaguar XF belongs to this category.

Maybe if someone makes a thread for Jaguar XF v Merc w212 E250 v BMW F10 523i v Lexus GS300 v Audi A6, then more suitable [cool]

Will u bother abt 500 a year when driving these cars?

Some just want the brand...live miserably to uphold the brand. Kiam siap about parking. Heard from a friend who used to work part time in petrol station got merc driver pump petrol liao never pay , sped off! But not all like that lah, most are well off.

Some just want the brand...live miserably to uphold the brand. Kiam siap about parking. Heard from a friend who used to work part time in petrol station got merc driver pump petrol liao never pay , sped off! But not all like that lah, most are well off.

like that also can.

this kind of drivers [thumbsdown]

1) Opel Insignia 2.0 220 Bhp 350 Nm 7.8sec (0-100 km/h) 240km/h

2) MB C180 CGI BE 156 Bhp 250 Nm 9.7 sec (0-100 km/h) 220 km/h

3) Audi A4 1.8 TFSI Attraction 160 Bhp 250 Nm 8.6 sec (0-100 km/h) 218 km/h

4) BMW 318i 136 Bhp 180 Nm 10.8sec (0-100 km/h) 208 km/h

Which one will u buy? And why?

I recently was shopping for another car. Tried the MB C180 CGI & Audi A4 1.8 TFSI and can only give my personal "without prejudice" views on this 2 cars.

MB C180 CGI

Being one who like cars with high torque at low rev, the MB C180 CGI does not deliver to what I had expected. Firstly, the pick-up is rather lethargic and throughout the drive, the acceleration when stepping on the throttle is not responsive and rather "spoongy". The use of manual gears on the gear stick is also different from other cars. The up and down gear shift is left and right rather than the usual up and down.

After completing the drive of the MB C180 CGI, my view is that the 1.8L light turbo engine is perhaps rather underpower unless driving with the sport mode all the time. But by so doing would increase fuel consumption.

This car would be appropriate for those who wants an affordable Merc and not particular on the performance. Those who wants a responsive C class should opt for the C250 instead but it costs much more. Though the price of a C250 could buy a E200 both from C&C, the former being much smaller in size than the E250, is more sporty looking.

Audi A4 1.8 TFSI

This car is very responsive and torquey at all gears. There is no lack during pick-up as the power kicks in instantly even when the throttle is lightly stepped on. However, for those who wants an Audi A4 may want to consider waiting as the new fleet of 7-speeds (currently 6-spedd) throughout the entire Audi ranges would be arriving.

I could anticipate that the new 7-speeder gearbox would deliver even better driveability and lower fuel consumption.

My personal viewpoint after testing the 2 cars is as follows: For the MB C180 CGI, it does not give me the sense of wanting to drive the car again whilst the Audi is the opposite. My pick would be the Audi A4 but for those who are for the Audi A4, better wait for the new 7-speeder gearbox to arrive.

Well, as I am already past my mid 50's, I ended up with a bigger car with higher cc and sportier eye catching saloon coupe.

nope.

lambo is super exotic no way comparable to even an R8 [laugh]

using your own word of "glorified", isn't it the same [:p]

(edited)

Well, as I am already past my mid 50's, I ended up with a bigger car with higher cc and sportier eye catching saloon coupe.

Just curious what car did you choose eventually. Is it new E-class coupe?

Edited by Roh96

eh.. that one is open secret liao.. including service credit..

Audi's stiff pricing and poor offer of freebies was the deal breaker for me. Even after trying out 2 diff SEs. Their product knowledge was poor also. Wana b-------t also CMI, yet cannot deliver good deal. They're giving an impression that since they had risen up to one of the best brands out there, they treat all buyers like carrot. Oh yah, they gave atrocious trade-in value for my old car also.

Was surprised by what MB can offer me during my purchase. No regrets. And i they secured high COE for me during my last chance to bid, which was kind of expected though.

yup bmw = business executive

merc = ah pek towkay

audi is the upstart with no niche leh

care to confirm how u define upstart? audi is in business even before BMW so BMW is... ? [wave]

ok cclassisthebest?? [wave]

no la

branding MB is the best

if you wanna talk bout look at functionality and value for $$$ in the luxo segment A5 is the best.

Audi's stiff pricing and poor offer of freebies was the deal breaker for me. Even after trying out 2 diff SEs. Their product knowledge was poor also. Wana b-------t also CMI, yet cannot deliver good deal. They're giving an impression that since they had risen up to one of the best brands out there, they treat all buyers like carrot. Oh yah, they gave atrocious trade-in value for my old car also.

Was surprised by what MB can offer me during my purchase. No regrets. And i they secured high COE for me during my last chance to bid, which was kind of expected though.

act my SE has been a surprise so far...following up with me on prices and promotions...he was open with me so I was too and told him my base offer....and we have decided to hold on for a while more as we all know how fat PA margin is n the lull mid yr period....anyw u hv gotten ur c, congrats...jus sharing my PA experience... ^_^

↡ Advertisement