Car exhaust 'shoot' out water? need some advise.

Ericongy

i got a shock when my car exhaust pipe 'shoot' out water yesterday night when i retrieve it after work. den look carefully at the floor mat and realize that they are all flooded. Chk wif someone nearby n they told me my lot was flooded juz now. Knn, recently si beh suay, last week car kana a reckless rider bang its ka chng, this week got flooded. Tink need to go churchs, temples and mosques

↡ Advertisement

I believed you gotto remove the entire floor carpet and hang out to dry. [bigcry]

Drive w/o the carpet for a week to let the moisture in the car dry up before fitting back the carpet.

Neutral Newbie

Think the best is to open all doors to air dry. Also can try a bag of charcoal plus newspapers etc. Another alternative is if you have an osim steam vacuum cleaner. Can steam dry the cushions if affected also the mat and carpets. No smell cos it'll kill mould and bacteria.

Bro, today you working hor? If not park your car in open space and let it sun tan with all the doors opened.

Or else put lots of "hippo" drying packs (dunno what they call it but it removes mositure from the air) and put inside car.

Heart pain for you arhh bro. [:(]

First priority:

Try to determine the highest water level reached from the dirt line created by the water (like looking into a fish tank). If it has reached the airintake/exhaust or engine, then you would need to do a check by qualified mechanic.

If it's at lower level, then sun dry the car asap to prevent mould growth or worst pest infestation within the next few days.

thanks for the helpful advise above.

i am now at my workshop checking on my car wet carpet. they technician say need $350 to remove the whole carpet and hang dry. he also mention if i dun do, the metal below the carpet will be rusty.

qns is if i dun do the above work, will the metal really get rusty? also, if it is necessary to do so, is there any other workshop tat charge cheaper to do the same work?

thanks for any advise.

Neutral Newbie

Confirm will be rusty and remedy fast enough before the properties deteriorated and you'll be more sorry for a mere 350 resulted in damages to parts or worst hit in elect stuff. There are cabling, spk, drum brake, handbrake etc beneath the carpetting so pull out all and sort out the water or maybe, dried leaf residual or dead insects settled inside all corners. Not to be worrisome but prevention better then cure.

Check more wkp whether 350 is x or not ?

Yes you will get rust. Your car is labeled as those which drink water before so may have a problem selling it next time if you don't do it up now.

No will not rust. Cos our car body is made of galvanised steel and coated with a layer of base paint.

$350 is way too high. S$200 max i will pay to just remove the seats to access the carpet.

(edited)

my prev car kena flood till there is like an inch of water into the cabin floor also.

1. used a scoop to scoop out water.

2. Use cloth to soak up the moisture.

3. take out all 3M or any car mats. Dont put back till car totally dried. So for a week or 2, no car mat. If not any evaporation will be trapped under the non porous mat...

4. Put charcoal at various door pockets for stench.

5. Whenever possible, park under the sun, and open window slightly. (if not, interior sure kena lotsa condensation on windows)

6. Should be ok after a week or 2.

I did that, no smell at all. No damage to the interiors too. Good luck!

Edited by Chrispie
  • Praise 1

First priority:

Try to determine the highest water level reached from the dirt line created by the water (like looking into a fish tank). If it has reached the airintake/exhaust or engine, then you would need to do a check by qualified mechanic.

If it's at lower level, then sun dry the car asap to prevent mould growth or worst pest infestation within the next few days.

Water enter exhaust nevermind one......

go to mscp

use a hair dryer

dry the carpets and floor mats

then park ur car under hot sun with all windows wind up

then put lots of charcoal jelly inside ur ride (remove smell and odours)

For carpet, if you "sun" it but still got some smell...Maybe u can try buying new ones?

If cabin still got some water, try to drain them out?

Exhaust shoot out water? Its ok one la....If you "on" your car for some time and if still got water coming out....Maybe u nid to go to the workshop liao...

But generally...Still ok one la..No nid worry so much!

[:)]

Neutral Newbie

Sorry. Need some advice here. I drove thru water this morning. About door level. Now car cant start vibrate very badly then stalled.

Got advise from some uncles to off air con n step heavy . Do i need tow truck or should I try to drive to mechanic?

:(

for advice on "shooting out water", ask a masseuse or those geylang chicken

Think 'shoot water' better see Doc...

↡ Advertisement