Accidents across the causeway!

PaiKia-Lee

Guess the speed they are travelling in?

I simply dont understand what is the mentality of these young people. How come you cannot keep to speed limit?? Young, inexperienced and like to hao-lian. Next time no chance to hao-lian already. I use the highway 15 times a month and most of the time my speed is a mere 110km/hour even though my car is bloody damn stable and my tyres will never burst due to extra applicant being applied on it. But I still keep to speed limit.

Please learn your lesson. For many people, they learnt their lessons when they go downstair.

She blames herself for driving car

S'porean killed, girlfriend injured in N-S highway crash

By Amanda Yong

June 17, 2010

He would have turned 22 today.

But Mr Soh Weihao died in a car crash in Malaysia on Tuesday evening.

And his girlfriend, student Kammy Goh, 20, blames no one but herself.

The second-year nursing student at Nanyang Polytechnic was behind the wheel when the vehicle hit a central divider on the North-South highway in Johor.

The car was Mr Soh's, but he does not have a driving licence. ( And why he bother to buy a car to hao-lian in the first place?! )

]

The impact flung the young couple out of the car.

Kammy suffered a head injury and fractured three toes on her right foot, her doctor said.

Mr Soh, who had serious head injuries, died instantly. His body was taken to a mortuary in Batu Pahat.

↡ Advertisement

Speed is one thing, but did they even have seat belts?

Complacent.

If I were the Boy's parent, I would feel heartache.. imagine slogging like a dog whole life to feed your son till 20 year old and he can BUY a car when he havent even reaches 21 and DONT even have a liscence. Losing a life like this is indeed a waste. It need not happen. IF he died while going to war etc or saving many people, then no choice.

I must reiterate that these kind of people must be kept off the road or Heaven will keep them OFF the road. Sad. Dish out advice no point. These young people need to be taught a lesson. Some lessons are too heavy to learn, though.

And by the way, any experts can enlighten who is going to pay for the monthly instalment for the guy now?

How come no one mentioned woman driver yet?

Girl driver. Woman already got problem. Girl driving, BIG problem.

Girl driving a car which is not hers somemore, Biggest problem.

One less parasite on the road!

And by the way, any experts can enlighten who is going to pay for the monthly instalment for the guy now?

22 and already rich enough to buy car from own pocket? Reality check please

i don't know how u all can make personal attacks against a stranger from so little information. i highly doubt she was speeding. blur, sleepy, maybe, but i don't think it was reckless. else she would have died as well.

ok lah, did the bf wear seatbelt? she's equally responsible for him not wearing seatbelt, if he indeed wasn't

i think she fell asleep at the wheel. inexperience. plus a useless bf who dunno how to drive and therefore cannot relieve her when she is fatigue. or didn't think to keep her awake.

my wife cannot drive, but she ensures that i stay awake every meter of the way when we cruise on the NSH

i don't know how u all can make personal attacks against a stranger from so little information. i highly doubt she was speeding. blur, sleepy, maybe, but i don't think it was reckless. else she would have died as well.

ok lah, did the bf wear seatbelt? she's equally responsible for him not wearing seatbelt, if he indeed wasn't

i think she fell asleep at the wheel. inexperience. plus a useless bf who dunno how to drive and therefore cannot relieve her when she is fatigue. or didn't think to keep her awake.

my wife cannot drive, but she ensures that i stay awake every meter of the way when we cruise on the NSH

If u are those who can fall asleep in the highway, then too bad, please do go malaysia NS highway and and please dont even drive! Broad daylight can fall asleep, HIT central divider.. haha

so does anyone know the real speed at which they are travelling and the circumstances of the accident? I think better to keep comments to ourselves and not shoot false accusations all over the internet regarding this incident.

Turbocharged

so does anyone know the real speed at which they are travelling and the circumstances of the accident? I think better to keep comments to ourselves and not shoot false accusations all over the internet regarding this incident.

I think some sort of speeding must be there. Otherwise, I don't think the impact will be so great as to flung out both of them if just hit the central divider.

Unless there is no seat belt to begin with.

(edited)

The accident was reported in the other day's New Paper. It highlighted that the 22 year-old Singaporean man who was killed in the accident somewhere near Yong Peng on the way back to Singapore. The car was driven by the man's 20 year-old girl friend who has only 1 year of driving experience. According to the report, the car hit the central divider and flipped a few times before hitting a Toyota Camry. Both of them were thrown out of the car and the guy died on the spot. The girl sustained serious injury. The report included pictures of the badly smashed car with the whole engine lying on the drain besides the NSH. Judging from the impact and the engine that was dislodged from the car, I suspect the girl could have gone beyond 110kmh; a speed which she was not capable of handling due to her inexperience resulting in her losing control of the car.

Edited by Redstorm

On the road, there are many users...Like many careless, reckless, racing wanabes drivers around....

So, its important to drive carefully and focus at most times on road... [laugh]

(edited)

sounds like no seatbelt to me + driver lack of control or sleepy?

i personally believe NSH 110-140 is still within reason if driver is concentrating + car is able to sustain high speed stability.

Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement