Accidents across the causeway!

PaiKia-Lee

Honda Civic. I was just less than half an hour behind this vehicle, I believe. Was stuck in the jam for half an hour due to this accident. Drove past it. Not a very nice sight.

↡ Advertisement

Honda Civic. I was just less than half an hour behind this vehicle, I believe. Was stuck in the jam for half an hour due to this accident. Drove past it. Not a very nice sight.

Did u see the bodies lying somewhere while you pass it? Let me guess the speed : - 180km/hour. For sure not 110/hour or 120km/hour.

some time ago, i met a malaysia driver driving BMW almost hitting the centre divider also. luckily last min he swing back to the lane. i believe some accident is due to driver feel sleepy.

i don't know how u all can make personal attacks against a stranger from so little information. i highly doubt she was speeding. blur, sleepy, maybe, but i don't think it was reckless. else she would have died as well.

ok lah, did the bf wear seatbelt? she's equally responsible for him not wearing seatbelt, if he indeed wasn't

i think she fell asleep at the wheel. inexperience. plus a useless bf who dunno how to drive and therefore cannot relieve her when she is fatigue. or didn't think to keep her awake.

my wife cannot drive, but she ensures that i stay awake every meter of the way when we cruise on the NSH

i agree with you. some people like to act like god and blame others for their fault, like speeding and whatever, but who in this forum never speed and who never exceed speed limit especially in north south highway ? really cannot tahan some small kids here jumping to conclusion and portray such a high doze of self righteousness.

Can you even recognize that car?

That is a terrible sight.

Whole front is gone..... [sweatdrop]

(edited)

Wah, u mean until today honda civic the metal still so milo tin type ah? I remember there was a period of time in the mid '90s when quite a few EG9 civics (and quite a few Suzuki GTIs oso lah) broke in half in high speed crashes. A very good friend of mine was in hospital for 2 mths+ after he crashed his 1st generation CRX into a tree. The crx was totally crushed, almost like the pic posted above like tat. Conversely, in a separate accident, i slammed into a tree sideways at around 130km/h in my Nissan NX coupe. My nissan still in one piece, and i walked away from the accident. I dare not think of the consequence had i been in a honda then. And I'm probably thankful that i always wear my seatbelt, cos the T-bar above me broke, and i would have undoubtedly been flung out of the car had it not been for the seatbelt. Till today, I've owned the more sporty cars from the major jap brands (mitsu, nissan, subaru), but never a Honda. [shakehead]

Edited by Walkingtree

Such accidents on MY NSH involving SG cars are likely due to the drivers' lau larn attitude which they should not bring over there considering the higher speed on the hwy. Common traits of the SG lau larn drivers on NSH:

1. Hogging on lane 1 and refuse to give way to faster vehicles approaching from the rear. More so if the faster vehicles from the rear is perceived to be of inferior makes like Kancil, Saga, Wira, Waja and the likes.

2. Speeding on lane 1 without giving due consideration to vehicles in front. Eg, if the car in front is behind another truck due to an overtaking move, the speeding driver should employ defensive driving by anticipating this move of the overtaking truck holding up trafic on lane 1. Instead, the speeding driver choose to slam on the brakes close to the car in front, potentially slaming him from the rear.

3. Maintain speed and direction on lane 1 while an overtaking high powered vehicle high beam from the rear asking you to pull over.

4. Oblivious to the weather and road condition. Speeding even during heavy downpour.

Neutral Newbie

Woman can never ride or drive but they can fly, as they do not need to control a plane due to auto pilot.......hee.....Female drivers man i really gt a very big prob with them driving haha. [rolleyes]

Supercharged

i don't know how u all can make personal attacks against a stranger from so little information. i highly doubt she was speeding. blur, sleepy, maybe, but i don't think it was reckless. else she would have died as well.

ok lah, did the bf wear seatbelt? she's equally responsible for him not wearing seatbelt, if he indeed wasn't

i think she fell asleep at the wheel. inexperience. plus a useless bf who dunno how to drive and therefore cannot relieve her when she is fatigue. or didn't think to keep her awake.

my wife cannot drive, but she ensures that i stay awake every meter of the way when we cruise on the NSH

Sorry but cant help to say that you yourself are speculating and calling names also... [:p]

If u are those who can fall asleep in the highway, then too bad, please do go malaysia NS highway and and please dont even drive! Broad daylight can fall asleep, HIT central divider.. haha

u are evidently someone who doesn't even drive [rolleyes]

fyi, i did penang to SG, stopping just for fuel, food, and toilet stop. no big deal. try that after u get your license [nod]

so does anyone know the real speed at which they are travelling and the circumstances of the accident? I think better to keep comments to ourselves and not shoot false accusations all over the internet regarding this incident.

some pple don't even have half a brain, let alone a license, but sadly they are infiltrating the car forums. another 10 days or so to go before the holidays end [grouphug]

Wifey do the samething as well...always trying to keep me "awake" on NSH. But hor......i prefer her to keep quiet. [lipsrsealed]

aiyah. must have some sort of mutual arrangement mah. mine wun be talking nonstop all the way lah [laugh]

i ask her sleep now and then, but she only agrees if i wake her when i am sleepy, which i do [;)]

i also try to travel at my car's top speed, which is a miserable 150-160 depending on gradient. the engine noise and the bumpiness from my coilovers kept me awake then.

next time i'm going up, it will be in a car which can top 200. then at least i can have some speed variation (of course not chiong >200 all the way)

There's something wifey can do that will keep you awake and her quiet at the same time. [sly]

only safe to do that when car is stationary lah [smash]

Did u see the bodies lying somewhere while you pass it? Let me guess the speed : - 180km/hour. For sure not 110/hour or 120km/hour.

wah!! 180km/h still can survive ah!!! you got witness their speed??? never go rescue the girl?

i'm so getting that car man! 180km/h crash can survive! woohoo!!!! [grin] [grin] [grin]

Wah, u mean until today honda civic the metal still so milo tin type ah? I remember there was a period of time in the mid '90s when quite a few EG9 civics (and quite a few Suzuki GTIs oso lah) broke in half in high speed crashes. A very good friend of mine was in hospital for 2 mths+ after he crashed his 1st generation CRX into a tree. The crx was totally crushed, almost like the pic posted above like tat. Conversely, in a separate accident, i slammed into a tree sideways at around 130km/h in my Nissan NX coupe. My nissan still in one piece, and i walked away from the accident. I dare not think of the consequence had i been in a honda then. And I'm probably thankful that i always wear my seatbelt, cos the T-bar above me broke, and i would have undoubtedly been flung out of the car had it not been for the seatbelt. Till today, I've owned the more sporty cars from the major jap brands (mitsu, nissan, subaru), but never a Honda. [shakehead]

u slammed into a tree sideways, passenger side right?

at 130km/h, i'm pretty sure even u in a volvo or audi, if u slam into drivers side, u will not make it out alive. and yes, seatbelt too

glad u are safe though. at least u live to learn and to play again [;)]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I went to KL and back by bus last month. Saw at least five accidents on the north-south highway. About half of them were confirmed to have happened during daytime, less than half an hour before I passed by. One of them even happened within 30 seconds, with the front bumper of the car flying onto the center of the north-bound lanes. I drove along that stretch of the road many times several years ago, and had never seen that many accidents happening during an off-peak period. Perhaps the high daytime temperature these days is a contributing factor, resulting in a higher possibility of people falling asleep while driving.

Edited by Hwt
↡ Advertisement