Tein S or Tanabe Nf210 spring

Tweakmax2

Neutral Newbie

Lowering springs can never be as comfortable as original springs because it is shorter n the spring rates r higher than stock. They'll wear out the stock shock absorbers prematurely too.

Of cuz if u dun mind changing your shocks every 1-2 yrs, then go ahead. A set of shocks cost ard 400 - 600.

Looks of cuz is nicer but ride quality will be affected. More bounce for sure. The rear shocks have too much travel.

Weigh the pros n cons wisely and u won't make the wrong choices n wasting money.

If u decide to go to coilovers, then it's another ball game.

Hypersonic

Not really true. I am using Tanebe NF210. My ride actually improve after lower and with better handling compare to stock spring.

Which is better? more lowered, more comfortable?

Which is more ex?

Between the 2 choices you stated, I would go for Tanabe.

Go for Tanabe. According to the spec, the spring is only 5% stiffer than stock spring. Moreover, the springs will only lower your ride by about 3mm or so. This shouldn't affect the ride comfort or the lifespan of your shocks much.

My ex ride was on Tanabe NF210 for 4 years+ before one of the rear shocks (stock) started to leak.

Go for Tanabe. According to the spec, the spring is only 5% stiffer than stock spring. Moreover, the springs will only lower your ride by about 3mm or so. This shouldn't affect the ride comfort or the lifespan of your shocks much.

My ex ride was on Tanabe NF210 for 4 years+ before one of the rear shocks (stock) started to leak.

Not me asking..... [laugh] It is TS.

Neutral Newbie

Lowered by 3mm? so little ? then i change for wat

(edited)

so tanabe is beter than tein ?

I've only tried Eibach, H & R, Espelir, and Tanabe (both NF and DF); never had a chance to try Tein yet.

I like tanabe NF210 most as it gives me the most comfort to my butt. ^_^

Edited by Ky13

Neutral Newbie

They are steel springs coated with colour...

Why bother about brand? which brand produces spring which known to break?

Check spring rate of each compared to stock and get wat you need.

You can't really compare by brand alone. You need to know the specs of the springs esp spring rate, how stiff are the springs. Stiffer springs will improve your handling but will cause car to become bumpy and may be uncomfortable to some. If the shocks are unable to handle the spring movement, then its going to fail prematurely.

You need to match your springs to your dampers to have a good balance between comfort and handling.

Btw, lowering heigth of the car may not be a good thing. It does look nice on the outside but it affect your handling.