Dyson Fan

SimonTan

But the breeze will not be strong. I will definitely get it if I go to London or it is sold here.

Bought one this afternoon from Best. Good for having the fan close by...cos it will not mess up your hair or irritates your eyes like the conventional ones. But if you are looking to have it cooling a room...the conventional ones are much better.

Now kids want one for their room. :D :D

Show one at Best Denki, IMM.

Only available 12".

Maybe got to wait for clones to flood market with bigger diameter. [laugh]

True...I think before long clones will appear for.

This type of thing always kena copy easily as its purely mechanical design. Not complicated electronics or control system.

Show one at Best Denki, IMM.

Only available 12".

Maybe got to wait for clones to flood market with bigger diameter. [laugh]

I have a dyson vac, but I can't stomach paying so much for a fan.

I rather upgrade my ceiling fan to one with larger blades. it's gonna cost less and be more effective. only downside is that i have to clean it the usual way, which is like every 4 months. ok lah...

this dyson fan will still require cleaning every 2 weeks or so, though no doubt it's a 1 min job.. haha.. but then again, the impeller WILL accumulate dust too, and how to clean that?

best is still ceiling fan. it gives the best air circulation. this one is more for people who want to adopt the latest tech. or maybe childcare centres who want to ensure that their charges dun get injured by fan blade

Neutral Newbie

I bought one last week at Best IMM to replace my standing fan but I had it repaired. Now wanting to sell this mint condition fan with box and stuff included ... those keen to buy it, pls pm me your reasonable price. It is white coloured and 12 inches diameter design. Tks.

iirc.....this dyson fan come with a special motor that can spin at very very high rpm and is driven so by complicated electronics control system........that's why the tiny blades in the stem can push out quite a bit of air.........yeah....it is not really bladeless, only the blades is hidden in the stem.....

True...I think before long clones will appear for.

This type of thing always kena copy easily as its purely mechanical design. Not complicated electronics or control system.

iirc.....this dyson fan come with a special motor that can spin at very very high rpm and is driven so by complicated electronics control system........that's why the tiny blades in the stem can push out quite a bit of air.........yeah....it is not really bladeless, only the blades is hidden in the stem.....

I don't think the potentiometer used is "complicated" at all. The efficiency of small fans are poor compared to bigger ones. They can be made to have a more powerful "head" but you need to stack multiple together to achieve that effect. You can see this being done in servers, but the result is a super noisy fan system.

I bought one last week at Best IMM to replace my standing fan but I had it repaired. Now wanting to sell this mint condition fan with box and stuff included ... those keen to buy it, pls pm me your reasonable price. It is white coloured and 12 inches diameter design. Tks.

PMed you.

Getting it for my kids, tho they would have wanted the smaller, blue one...

Neutral Newbie

I saw it at Taka Best Denki, The 10 inch blue one is selling at 399, Bigger one at 429. Yup the Fan seems a bit too noisy, wind wise, not that strong as i felt.

cool fan.... yea, not as strong as i'd hope for...

still cool tho and worth buying just as a tech toy imo

wait for the other brands to come out with their own versions

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for all the interest and all PMs replied.

Additional info :

The fan cost me $429 as per pricing at Best IMM.

The clear wrapper protecting the round ring is still there.

Not used since I got my normal fan repaired.

Genuine offer above $360 takes it..

Will close and deal this Saturday upon my biz trip so pls leave contact nbr.

Serious buyers pls... Tks.

Cheers...

it's making use of Bernoulli's effect, creating a somewhat lower pressure region by using the difference in length blah blah blah

very similar to how the wings of airplanes create lift

I think Dyson cannot get patent for Bernoulli's effect but design. I hope so. Then more fan mfr will come out with their design based on this Bernoulli effect.

Maybe it is possble large fan >16" or to incorporate into the window frame and have a very big fan... :D