Dyson Fan

SimonTan

Dun buy lar. Fs chechked the reviews, not much wind and noisy that's y he never bring in

Friend bought one during his trip to China. Not much wind compared to Dyson.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Since this is a cooling off day, I tot I should buy a fan.

Any brudders know if Dyson fan got the tower type?

Yes at harvey norman, $700 only.

Chio :)

Reviving this old thread cos im quite gian to buy a dyson fan.

Any bros here have one? can share your review on it? TIA.

No good lah. Why you wanna buy? If you look at the diameter of the fan you will know it's weak. An another thing it will suck in a lot of dust and accumulate in the fan. I have the tower one, older model. Not easy to take apart and clean. If you wanna get any make sure got built-in air filter.

airmutlipliertowerfan001.jpgc150528b-594

If got budget constraint I learn from a friend of mine who taught me to use aircon filter to wrap around the air intake.

I just wrap around half the area of the air intake.

You just cut a strip of this....I usually use what's left over.

3M-filter.jpg

If you are looking for a fan to cover a wider area get those 16" or bigger ones.

P16760969.jpg

This is easier to clean. The tower dyson fan I now use it in the aircon bedroom when I go to bed. Put at one corner where cool air is hard to reach. This will distrbute the cool air faster in the room. After that I switch it off.  It's weak and will become a "dust distributor". Ppl with sensitive nose will keep sneezing. LoL...

• Praise 2

concur with what you said. Exactly my thoughts on my own tower model which broke down after 3 years of usage.

Looks nice, hard to clean, weak, only decently useful in aircon room for air circulation, damn expensive :D

No good lah. Why you wanna buy? If you look at the diameter of the fan you will know it's weak. An another thing it will suck in a lot of dust and accumulate in the fan. I have the tower one, older model. Not easy to take apart and clean. If you wanna get any make sure got built-in air filter.

airmutlipliertowerfan001.jpgc150528b-594

If got budget constraint I learn from a friend of mine who taught me to use aircon filter to wrap around the air intake.

I just wrap around half the area of the air intake.

You just cut a strip of this....I usually use what's left over.

3M-filter.jpg

If you are looking for a fan to cover a wider area get those 16" or bigger ones.

P16760969.jpg

This is easier to clean. The tower dyson fan I now use it in the aircon bedroom when I go to bed. Put at one corner where cool air is hard to reach. This will distrbute the cool air faster in the room. After that I switch it off.  It's weak and will become a "dust distributor". Ppl with sensitive nose will keep sneezing. LoL...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Agreed... bought two of those small table fans when they were first introduced.... worst buying decision I've ever made.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Agreed... bought two of those small table fans when they were first introduced.... worst buying decision I've ever made.

my MIL bought a one to put on the floor for the kids as a gift to us for house warming.

Expensive like hell. $400+ dollars for a stupid fan.

Well it's very safe for children (but it's not difficult to teach kids to not touch the fan anyway).

But it's still operating 3 yrs down the road with daily usage. But airflow is only about 50-60% now after the dust clogging up the lower intake pores.

Looks good but u gotta be pretty darn stupid to buy one after hearing our reviews  [laugh]

if u want something safe for the kids to put on the floor. pay $88 and buy a 12 inch kdk stand fan.

The blades are made of plastic. even finger go in also bo taichi, at most abrasion niah...

• Praise 2

I got 3 to 4 of these ....small ones and tower ones, jus becos missus like it. To me is 好看不好吃。

Total waste of $. Tower one works only in a corner but if u r sleeping on the floor, cannot feel it. The small round one is weak.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

I am sure many owners have tried and now understand there isn't 'anything' so special of this fan other than design.

It still requires a very powerful fan motor to push the wind through the 'ducted grilles'. Dust will gather at the air inlet and cleaning is still required.

In my humble opinion, the best fan ever to be introduced is the ceiling fan.

• Praise 7

(edited)

Both Dyson and BigAss fans are over glorified. These are for those who don't know how to spend their money.

I have both of them.

Dyson, it is not meant to replace the ordinary floor standing /  table fan. Rather it is meant to distribute air flow in the room and especially when use in conjunction with the air-conditioner. The newer modern with built in air-filter is another making machine for the company. Frankly, the small size filter is not going to be able to clean the air of an average room and will be clogged very quickly especially if you live in an urban area. I got this from credit card redemption.

My thoughts are as follows:

1. if you want a fan to function as a fan to cool you down without the need to turn on the air conditioner, then buy a proper fan.

2. if you think the combine air-filter / fan of the dyson gives you peace of mind about clean air then buy a proper air filter. I have two IQ Air Pro New Edition (proven technology and worldwide recognised not only recognised by ordinary consumers but also medical institutions) to walk the talk.

Big Ass fan looks good but significantly over priced. Claim have sensor to monitor usage pattern. It can be counterproductive. Don't bother, the price of the Big Ass fan can easily buy 10 reasonably priced ceiling fan. I got it at a special price during their introduction.

Bearing in mind, that any mechanical or electronic items will eventually fail. You have to consider the repair cost (which is likely to cost more than replacement of an ordinary fan) and replacement cost. Often it is difficult or trust third party to repair.

Learn from other people's mistake rather than pay your own "tuition fees". But if you insist on learning through your very own experience, then all the best.

http://www.bigassfans.com/sg/?BAS-CC=hk

Edited by Still2016
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7