Question on HID

Passion

I have just install my car with HID and the beam is like scattered all over.Immediately I fix back my halogen bulb.Now,I've a question.How come only my car install with HID,the beam will be all over the place,whereas other people car which is the same model as mine,wouldn't have that kind of beam scattered all over.Can some HID expert enlighten me on this issue?Is it my bulb issue?I really had enough of the beam shooting everywhere.I've re-align my headlight,now the throw of the light is even shorter than what the halogen does,and the scatter beam still shoot onto those road sign.Though it's not direct beam,but somehow I feel,something can be done to solve this.Forummer,pls help!

↡ Advertisement

Corolla Altis 1.6.I've seen other Altis 1.6 installing HID.But none got my issue as in the green signboard on the road was lighted up by my headlight.When I switch off,the signboard become dark.

your headlamp reflectors and tip reflector not designed for hid unlike conti cars

pls revert to halogen and dun be an ass and blind people with your misaligned beam

Hello...I know.That's why I swapped back immediately.Until I find a permanent solution,else I'm not reverting back. -_-

(edited)

Did u get the HID from the same place as those other Altis drivers u saw?

Maybe got quality issue on the bulbs.

As I know, u need to change the whole lamp assy to fix HID cos the light wil shine all over as the reflectors r different & some lamps dont suit HID bulbs.

Check with the place u bought the HID bulbs from.

Some cheap China made bulbs r not that good. Better to stick with the original halogen bulbs but upgrade to those brighter type bulbs like Philips Vision Plus or Crystal Vision. These r maybe 70-90% brighter than stock halogen bulbs.

I am now using Philips Premium which is abt 30% brighter & bulb cost about $10 each for H7. Vision Plus last time I used was 50% brighter but cost abt $35/pair for H4. Those were like many years ago so price might b different now.

I tried Osram Night Breaker H7 b4 but they dont seem to last. Only a few months & they blew. Same with several other pple using them. I wont recommend them as its quite ex to keep replacing those $70/pair bulbs every few months.

I recommend u go with Philips bulbs as they seem to have a better quality bulb.

Edited by Pisces69

HID was recently covered in this thread:

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...652716&hl=*

If your Altis is the current shape Altis, only the 1.8 model comes with HID headlights. If you get a chance please take a look at the difference between the headlights of the 1.8 and the 1.6 models - the 1.8 should be using a light bucket that shields the HID bulb from directly shining forward, while the 1.6 should be using an exposed halogen bulb. The shielding greatly reduces glare while keeping the light throw useful.

Twincharged

Most legal HID comes with a 'lens'also known as eyeball inside the housing,thats why the lights focus on 1 spot.

your headlamp reflectors and tip reflector not designed for hid unlike conti cars

pls revert to halogen and dun be an ass and blind people with your misaligned beam

actually can

providing the lighting point is the same

what i meant is

take the original bulb and hid bulb side by side

look at the original bulb filament, thats where the lighting point is

than take the hid and see where is their lighting point

my guess its lower than your filament

for hir that i purchase recenly

although it gives better lighting, then 1 bulb blow

i change normal bulb on the blow side then i realise that the hir is actually giving high beam although my switch is low beam

i took out the bulbs and compare with the original

yup hir bulb filament was sitting much lower almost at the high beam filament (my bulb type is H4)

no wonder some cars give way to me then when i over take them they high beam me all the way

Neutral Newbie

+1. Sorry for off topic but i have to say,

Please for those who are using these xenon lights or any other white lights, please lower your lights, drivers infront WILL be dazzled and its bloody hell dangerous and distracting.

Hi,I'm trying to stay stock except for the bulb.I've seen other altis got it done up,so I believe I can do the same.Just who got the lobang to get it done?I realise 9006 bulb compare to D2S bulb,9006 bulb has slightly longer length and the arc is slightly more into the capsule of the bulb.Now,I'm suspecting it's the bulb problem more than anything else.

You can also choose to buy the entire Altis 1.8 model HID headlamp housings including beam auto levelling from some spare part shop and retrofit. Any other option will not include auto levelling which means if your boot and rear are full of passengers and cargo and sinks down, your HID will not automatically lower the beam thus resulting in the beam shining up into other cars and blinding them.

Do not do this. Get Philips X-treme POwer +80 if you want longer throw.

You can also choose to buy the entire Altis 1.8 model HID headlamp housings including beam auto levelling from some spare part shop and retrofit. Any other option will not include auto levelling which means if your boot and rear are full of passengers and cargo and sinks down, your HID will not automatically lower the beam thus resulting in the beam shining up into other cars and blinding them.

Do not do this. Get Philips X-treme POwer +80 if you want longer throw.

May I know where can I get this?Anyone can intro a shop to get this?

↡ Advertisement