Worst Car Parks design in Singapore

Troyempire

Valet?

No thanks.  [:p]

I drive myself better.

my biggest problem with valet is that i leave my things in my car since i am the only one using it. with valet, i would need to remove them since they cannot be responsible for missing items. if you attend a function and you go early, your car will be park right inside. bring it out will take time. if you are late, they will need to keep shifting your car for those leaving early. 

i avoid valet and rather walk further. 

• Praise 1

thereby reducing the lane width loh. :secret-laugh:

then I haven't found ramp narrow enough to make me nervous, only giddy, a la Orchard Central.

Actually I find most of the car park mentioned are ok to drive in/out. The one that is difficult driving out is Orchard Building. The bend is tight, so I often have to make a 3-point turn of sort to get into the exit ramp. Parking lots at katong sc is indeed too narrow for 3 cars...but a bit wide for 2 cars.

My stay in the UK train me well....have to go thru narrow barriers/streets on a daily basis.  [bigcry]  

...i avoid valet and rather walk further. 

Me too. I had a couple rims scratched by the valet.

post-4721-0-41947600-1509508107_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Actually ocbc centre dont have narrow ramps but they allow cars going up and down using the same road, which cars might need to drive into other lane esp when turning at bend. This is very dangerous for both direction of cars going up and down the carpark.

This kind of place must drive very slowly because sometimes can't see what's behind the bend.

Turn on high beams necessay to warn the driver behind the bend.

I think if i want to complaint it will be intercontinental carpark, the exit is dangerous, steep slope and u cant see whats ahead. Quite dangerous

Yes, the one exiting to Middle Road.

And I think its a pedestrian crossing too.  [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

Have u all try chai chee technopark parking? Very tight turning.

That one still okay, anyway there is another parking just above decathlon. That one the lot is big and the ramp is not narrow.

Edited by Yewheng

my biggest problem with valet is that i leave my things in my car since i am the only one using it. with valet, i would need to remove them since they cannot be responsible for missing items. if you attend a function and you go early, your car will be park right inside. bring it out will take time. if you are late, they will need to keep shifting your car for those leaving early. 

i avoid valet and rather walk further. 

Agreed, i would avoid valet also. Dont like strangers touch my car, lol.

I personally feel that perception of carpark design's ergonomics should come with declaration of the vehicle the person was driving when he tried the carpark.

For eg. if I drive my CO's prev minicooper, in most of the carpark listed, I would have no problem with any of them. Compared to when I was driving my prev lexus GS (my longest car to date).

Otherwise it will not be a good gauge given the varied opinions posted thus far.

• Praise 2

I personally feel that perception of carpark design's ergonomics should come with declaration of the vehicle the person was driving when he tried the carpark.

For eg. if I drive my CO's prev minicooper, in most of the carpark listed, I would have no problem with any of them. Compared to when I was driving my prev lexus GS (my longest car to date).

Otherwise it will not be a good gauge given the varied opinions posted thus far.

Apart from the size of the car, also must see the driver's driving skill la. If your driving skills really cannot make it, even you drive a kelisa also have problem manoeuvring in any car park. 

Agree......but driving skills are not quantifiable.

If i find one carpark to be super easy and yet someone says that it is difficult. Does it mean I am damn skilled a driver? Especially when I am judging based on a kelisa I was driving?

Apart from the size of the car, also must see the driver's driving skill la. If your driving skills really cannot make it, even you drive a kelisa also have problem manoeuvring in any car park. 

Agree......but driving skills are not quantifiable.

If i find one carpark to be super easy and yet someone says that it is difficult. Does it mean I am damn skilled a driver? Especially when I am judging based on a kelisa I was driving?

True also la. Lol. So afterall still up to individual, there is no fixed rules.

I think we are referring to design in general. tight spaces that you have problem opening your car door without hitting the other car or wall, having to queue and go round the entire car park to exit, got to reverse all the way in or out into parking lot, etc. 

some car park you got to drive between lift landing or pedestrian crossing. blind spot or having the barrier right at the top of a steep ramp instead of at the bottom. 

I think we are referring to design in general. tight spaces that you have problem opening your car door without hitting the other car or wall, having to queue and go round the entire car park to exit, got to reverse all the way in or out into parking lot, etc.

some car park you got to drive between lift landing or pedestrian crossing. blind spot or having the barrier right at the top of a steep ramp instead of at the bottom.

Talking about carpark design, no one talk about carpark exit.. The MND carpark exit to maxwell road. I mount the kerb when making left turn out. When I am at traffic light, I also noticed that another, 2 drivers also mount kerb from my rear view mirror.

Think I've found a serious contended for the title: Thomson V 2. As you descend the spiral carpark you keep to your right (wall on your right) and after the first turn, parking is along both sides. Strange layout.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1