Looking for slot in stainless steel air filter

Bro, thank you for remembering me. Especially, when you found something of common interest to Estima Hybrid. [grouphug][grouphug][thumbsup]

When was the last time you check undercarriage?

Recently, I found torn marks on the rubber mounting of the rear wheel motor.

It is located in mid line, forward of the rear motor. There is only one such mounting.

I 'll see wksp during next svc.

Doubt they can solve it same day.

Edited by 5936
↡ Advertisement

Bro, thank you for remembering me. Especially, when you found something of common interest to Estima Hybrid. [grouphug][grouphug][thumbsup]

When was the last time you check undercarriage?

Recently, I found torn marks on the rubber mounting of the rear wheel motor.

It is located in mid line, forward of the rear motor. There is only one such mounting.

I 'll see wksp during next svc.

Doubt they can solve it same day.

No problem. Do you go on the Estima forum? SPEC. I've been a regular there since before I got my ride.

A few of my usual Hybrid buddies from there have already sold their rides at about 2+ years.

I think we're the only 2 on the MyCarForum.

I was recommended the LTS and Fuel Mapping when I enquired about Sportivo suspension.

Am waiting for warranty to expire at 3 years before I do any mods.

No idea. The last time I took a look, they were doing wheel alignment I think.

Did you scrape the motor against some humps pretty bad? I think I've hit mine 3 to 4 times over the 2+ years.

Will take note next time I get the chance.

Yea, I share the same observations too.

No, I dont recall hitting the rear motor. the rubber mounting is actually a rubber bush moulded within a steel frame for a bolt to slot horizontally.

Look somewhere mid line from 2nd row seat.

BTW, my warranty will expire next March. when's yours.

True, I am also waiting for warranty to expire, so these few months got to be in fault finding mode.

I used K & N replacement filter in my previous Celica-ST204 (in aus) since the 2nd week I owned the car. I drove this car for almost 8 years then sold it to a friend of mine. Well, it's been almost 20 years and last time I checked with my friend (few months ago), the engine is still running alright. ^_^

Wow....so comforting to hear that.

I am also using K&N replacement filter. [:p]

Thanks for the address.

Hurricane is my first choice. Tried several places, but they dont carry for this model.

But I'll still visit Mok Yang Audio.

Stamford Tyres do carry Hurricane products. You may want to try there.

I wont mine SS or cotton, as long as I can reuse them.

But so far, can find K&N replacement for my model... That is the problem....

Any cure?

Did you check with speedworks at Genting Lane?

Else, you can order it through k&n website. They will make specific for you I think.

Thanks Yuan,

They are among the first few places I visited.

I am also comtemplating DIY a SS filter. It can be done. Iill have to source the biggest SS filter of any model, cut the to my filter shape, use silicone sealant to mould into the filter box.

Thanks Yuan,

They are among the first few places I visited.

I am also comtemplating DIY a SS filter. It can be done. Iill have to source the biggest SS filter of any model, cut the to my filter shape, use silicone sealant to mould into the filter box.

How about Simota?

The thing with DIY is that you do not know the impact of the suction force of your throttle when your engine sucks in the air through the intake. DIY not strong enough, your stainless steel element or some other parts that make your filter would be sucked in. There might be chances of such parts damaging your throttle or goes into your engine....We do not know.

I know this is a predicament or dilemma when there is no readily made aftermarket products such as air filters for your car make.

Either stick with stock for the time being until more established brands with their quality being tested like K&Ns come out with one for your car model or DIY at your own risk. :D

Thanks for concern.

Filter failure and the other unknown are the reasons holding me back DIY.

The urge is there to DIY, especially so when others have embarked DIY project on cooling fan.

But I can wait.

Yea, I share the same observations too.

No, I dont recall hitting the rear motor. the rubber mounting is actually a rubber bush moulded within a steel frame for a bolt to slot horizontally.

Look somewhere mid line from 2nd row seat.

BTW, my warranty will expire next March. when's yours.

True, I am also waiting for warranty to expire, so these few months got to be in fault finding mode.

Mine will be next June. I think I should write down a list of things to check for the next servicing.

I doubt that I will put in anything other than a stock air filter or, at best, the TRD/Tom's if available.

My car is very much a keeper until the hybrid technology has really taken flight.

Not for MPVs really, since ours is really the only hybrid MPV around. Maybe wait for the 3rd generation Estima Hybrid.

I would definitely upgrade if it had the same engine combination as the RX450h.

I would love to try something with a bit of zest and style like the upcoming Peugeot 5008, but my wife likes the space afforded by the Estima.

Some days I like the smoothness and quietness of the car; other days I wish I could have a bit more zip (which the LTS & Fuel Mapping can help).

I dont think I'll go for MPV for my next car.

Tempting on SUV- my dream to drive up to no where.

Now cannot- kids still young. when they ditched the old folks, I 'll have more time to drive around. Still dreaming.

For this estima hybrid- it an experience of a life time.

I like the quietness in EV mode. many people got freightened or shock by it when car creep/move by them without sound.

Got to see their reaction.

Also the surprise look of some fellow drivers at CP and petrol stn, that hybrid moved without cranking engine.

For this they looked 'amused'.

I will keep this for many more years. it's so spacious, especially my is a 7 seater. My 2 kids ride like kings in the middle captain's seat.

Yeah, I know what you mean when others get surprised by the "creepiness" of the hybrid [laugh]

I have 3 kids and each will need a child seat / booster seat for a few more years.

If I add in the maid, 6 seats will be required so I cannot dispense with MPVs yet (the only decent 6-seater - Edix - is out of production I think).

I like stationwagons rather than SUVs. Lots of space but with car-like handling.

My dream wagons are the A4/A6 Avant and 9-5 Combi (notice all Conti and turbo'ed).

Realistically, Skoda Superb Combi would be nice.

If I want to downsize, then a smaller MPV like Peugeot 5008 fits the bill, just that it's always good to have 2nd/3rd row aircon.

If upsizing, I'm sure my wife would love the Q7 (something about SIZE!)

Mine is 8-seater and am regretting not buying from RB because they have the centre-row 3-point seat belt and curtain airbag option.

The Mova one has the lousy 2-point for both centre seats.

As you can clearly see, I am a car-lover (read: car-b**ch).

Now Iam beginning to understand why you are looking 3 point seat belt for 2nd row middle seat.

You have 3 kids. Need to put them together.

Dont they have tie back straps to secure child seat all the way back and down the seat.

Good to put them in their seat.

My kids started in baby seat from their first ride in the car.

Now outgrown the chair. No need already.

In the earlier days, my wife seats with them and my elder son either sit as front passenger or with them.

So she could attend to them.

The issue is really that I have to unthread the seat belt from the 2nd row child seat (Maxi-Cosi Rodi) to access the 3rd row. I have 2 such seats in the 2nd row. Even though it takes a few seconds, it is ultimately inconvenient and risks damaging the seat belt over time. My toddler seat is right at the back, used only for long journeys. Maid also not a regular in the car.

If I had the centre 3-point seat belt, it saves the trouble and can put 3 seats in the 2nd row (can shift back further for more space too).

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

40 microns nowadays.

Can check with bro bluecity. [:p]

Yes, 40 - 55um.

When hurricane air filters started 7 years ago. Ppl said that if you wanna keep your car for 3 - 4 years.. avoid using it. But I have my own cars.. 5 over and 7 years... both on Hurricane filter from day 1. Servicing with oil change interval every 10,000km or most of the time exceeded.. Worst of all, that 7 years car don't car change engine oil every 6 mths but the furthers it hit is 1.5years. Well, engine still going strong. Still I lut my car everyday. :D

So, I still have 3 years more left to reach 10 years... haha...

Maintenance and service your hurricane filter regularly like every 5,000km or 10,000km.. your filter will still look like new.

Hurricane filter can trap dirts. The filter must be service and clean regularly to prolong the usage of the filter.

Btw, where is the Mok Yang Audio? Any address?

cheers.

Edited by Bluecity
↡ Advertisement