Kia K5

Tohto

Maybe ST tested a different version from the one in singapore cuz I rmb the article said that they tested it in some other country. Definitely not in singapore.

Tested in Dubai..

↡ Advertisement

saw in newspaper 109k for 2.4L, about same with i45 nia

Let see what is the engine used and equipment level.

If using the GDI engine and fully equiped to europe spec then price is good.

Hmm....there's some doubts on the Kia K5/ Optima's interior build quality....

some of the reviewers say that the interior makes you feel like being in a larger Forte....to me this isn't good especially when you're talking about a 2.0L/ 2.4L sedan....

and the leather you see in the middle of the dash/ centre console??? apparently, that's fake leather.....

hmm... Kia's of today may look stylish and modern, but you still seem shortchanged....the car doesn't drive as good as it looks, and the quality of the interior has somewhat taken a turn....

seems that Peter Schryer and team have taken most of the profits from the sale of car, and the miniscule leftover is left for R&D....

in this sense, i think buyers are better off in the i45???

it seems that the high price of COE ain't really killing off sales of the i45??? I've been seeing more and more of the i45 on the roads lately....

Hmm....there's some doubts on the Kia K5/ Optima's interior build quality....

some of the reviewers say that the interior makes you feel like being in a larger Forte....to me this isn't good especially when you're talking about a 2.0L/ 2.4L sedan....

and the leather you see in the middle of the dash/ centre console??? apparently, that's fake leather.....

hmm... Kia's of today may look stylish and modern, but you still seem shortchanged....the car doesn't drive as good as it looks, and the quality of the interior has somewhat taken a turn....

seems that Peter Schryer and team have taken most of the profits from the sale of car, and the miniscule leftover is left for R&D....

in this sense, i think buyers are better off in the i45???

it seems that the high price of COE ain't really killing off sales of the i45??? I've been seeing more and more of the i45 on the roads lately....

Kia Optima's drive is regarded by some reviewers like our Torque magazine to be a sportier drive than i45.Moreover i45's design is rather overcomplicated in contrast to K5's subtle stylish looks.

Both korean models though have taken a quantum leap in recent years and will probably overtake Japanese rivals in near future.

Nah, the build quality of the new Optima will be just fine..I've relatives owning old Kia Rios and Ceratos and their interiors are in great condition even after 5-6 years so I am sure the Optima's quality is far better and will do far better in years to come. All this reviews and talk is talk only, they don't know nuts.

High COE prices affects all cars right? If the price of Kia is high due to high COE, same goes for other cars.

In fact, it may work in Kia's favour. Why?

If a person For eg. One of my colleague paid 91K for his Teana and another paid 89K for his Lagacy some time back.

Now with the same budget he will find that all Jap 2.0L cars will be beyond his budget. BUT he could still buy a 2.0L car if he opts for Kia or Hyundai otherwise he will have to downsize to a 1.6L Jap car.

Please, there is no way a 1.6L Jap car can match a 2.0L Korean. In fact, 2.0L Jap and Korean cars are on par now, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.

Bro Merkava, any info on the engines and trim levels of the K5 coming to Singapore?

Which engine version will come with the twin exhaust in Singapore?

Will the K5 SX trim levels make it to SGP?

The K5 SX version has a super duper high level of equipmen that can rival or surpass many a luxury car!

Neutral Newbie

Bro Merkava, any info on the engines and trim levels of the K5 coming to Singapore?

Which engine version will come with the twin exhaust in Singapore?

Will the K5 SX trim levels make it to SGP?

The K5 SX version has a super duper high level of equipmen that can rival or surpass many a luxury car!

Hi Cttan456

So far, the info i have is 2 specs, 2.0 and 2.4. Whether will there be any sub model is still in discussion but high chance that they will order the high spec as a selling point. Reason being our SX variant like Cerato Forte, Sportage and Sorento are attracting more buyers comparing to low spec EX variant.

On the twin exhaust question, i guess have to wait for more details when coming mid Dec. Do lookout for my updates here.

Cheers

Hi Cttan456

So far, the info i have is 2 specs, 2.0 and 2.4. Whether will there be any sub model is still in discussion but high chance that they will order the high spec as a selling point. Reason being our SX variant like Cerato Forte, Sportage and Sorento are attracting more buyers comparing to low spec EX variant.

On the twin exhaust question, i guess have to wait for more details when coming mid Dec. Do lookout for my updates here.

Cheers

Hopefully they bring in some newer engines.... the 4 cylinder MPI CVVT v stale liao...

i think the tc model probably wun happen, but the GDI will nice... :p

↡ Advertisement