BMW X1

Karu

(edited)

Saw one on the road yesterday... Quite good looking compared to the all so common 3 series. Except it's got some resembleance to the Nissan Qashqai which I think is not too bad looking as well.

Anyone test drove this? How's the drive?

Edited by Karu
↡ Advertisement

Tested drive the X1 a couple of weeks ago. Just to share ....

I am driving the E90 and the X1 is using the same engine. But the car seems more responsive and sound insulation is better as well. Drive very much like a car cos it is not that tall. The view when driving is also great, not many blind spots. Just my personal opinion....

Think price is not too far away from the E90 right?? If so, we'll prob seel more X1s soon...

Neutral Newbie

Tested the X1...it has the standard BMW drive feel...acceleration is a bit retarded but i expected it since the engine is 2000cc only...

IMO, overpriced if above 160k+...let's pray PML give some overtrade credit after the novelty period is over (6mths?)...

318i is 134k

320i is 153k

x1 is 165k

how i long for an x1 but cant afford :(

Are the above prices after or before overtrade?

318 & 320 prices are after overtrade...but for X1 it was soft launched at $134,800 in April for those willing to place deposit w/o viewing the car itself..so if u r looking at it wait for the overtrade promo (dunno when it'll be coming though) current overtrade is abt $9K so u will be looking at $164,800 - $9000 = ...

The X3 is already ugly enough but at least inline 6......dont X1 lah...

X3 inline 6 2.5L but so heavy and slow..... i drove one for a couple of months and was glad to be rid of it...

Saw the X1 on the road, fugly... i dun understand, why the pair of "nostrils" is getting bigger? Or are they are a fan of the Jap mustache in the olden days? -.-"

the X1 doesn't really look like a new product from BMW,

but rather,

it looks like a refreshed BMW....

get what i mean....

and yes,

the Kidney grill specialty by BMW

is gonna get bigger and bigger with each new generation of their cars....

i gotta agree on the rear design, being too much to stomach though....

X3 inline 6 2.5L but so heavy and slow..... i drove one for a couple of months and was glad to be rid of it...

Cant expect too much lah.

at least you could get rid of it....heh

X1 OMV is $27,000..

Only 27k?!?!? Maciam like Tiguan's OMV leh ... and SOOOO overpriced!!!! I guess u pay 'premium' for the badge ....

That makes the depreciation so much higher than an equivalent car with the same OMV .... [dizzy][crazy]

↡ Advertisement