Quantum

Hi all,

I think in singapore below jobs position salary: [confused]

Engineer(Electrical/Electronic): S$3000 to 4000

Senior Engineer(Electrical/Electronic): S$4000 to 5000

Manager(Electrical/Electronic): S$5000 to 6000

Senior Manager(Electrical/Electronic): above S$6000

Do you guys think it's acceptable? [:p]

If is offshore oil n gas industries, you properly looking at x5. Offshore electrician is getting US$1,200/day. I left the industry 6 years ago. I heard their salary have gone over the roof. Met 2 ex colleagues recently, they moved to sentosa cove.

If is offshore oil n gas industries, you properly looking at x5. Offshore electrician is getting US$1,200/day. I left the industry 6 years ago. I heard their salary have gone over the roof. Met 2 ex colleagues recently, they moved to sentosa cove.

you may want to qualify your statement

by letting people know the offshore job working nature and hours!

[sweatdrop]

1200 US$ / day is almost equivalent to Ang Mo's rate (offshore is Ang Mo's strong hold even now)! if we are getting this rate, I am really happy!

that's alot... if you're like 23-25yo.

If you are 23-25 year old earning $6-7K a lot. But i believe there should be many such people at this age earn such amount. [rolleyes]

In the money business, how many staff or how many plants dont matter as much as how much one contributes to the bottom line.

Some of them got only 5 staff under them but their staff alreay earn $300k each.

Ya. A fund manager can easily get that amount. But not me. So my pay is consider average or slightly below in the market. But just love this job. :wub:

If you are 23-25 year old earning $6-7K a lot. But i believe there should be many such people at this age earn such amount. [rolleyes]

Even I don't that get at that age. But, believe one at this range may need incremental effort to be productive along the way. So is pretty tough job.

Even I don't that get at that age. But, believe one at this range may need incremental effort to be productive along the way. So is pretty tough job.

Brother, throttle2 is talking about $6k-$7k a day leh. Anything less than that is wasting his time liao.

Edited by Viceroymenthol

Brother, throttle2 is talking about $6k-$7k a day leh. Anything less than that is wasting his time liao.

wah lau , mai kua chang lah!

$6 - $7k a day is possible but not everyday. Can once a month , very good already but only when the market is kind.

Depends also on what job you are doing, i believe if you are in sales job, should not be a problem earning that amount per month. If you are working on pay cheque, usually $6-7K per month should be at least in management level who is a manager or above high position.

Do u regret leaving the company?

Yea I'm in this bracket (excl bonus), but at 31 this year. Junior employee. It's not a lot to be honest. But can comfortably afford a humble conti car even at current COE prices.

It's one thing i've become used to since young. A car i mean.

I have peers who earn way more. But they're in insurance sales. I'm fixed pay.

Know I'm pretty lucky. But I dont think I'm "elite" seriously. If I'm elite, i'd be earning 10k/mth. But alas I'm not.Though I think I'm quite a happy person. And I'm aiming to lose some weight to up my health quotient too.

Health and happiness most important la. I don't wanna earn 10k but sacrifice time with ppl i care about.

Erm.. Higher pay does not equal to less happiness and poorer health..

My colleagues who are in their early 30s are drawing 2-3 times more than your pay (no offense..bec it's true).. But they r not unhappy.. Or need to sacrifice happiness to work 14 hours per day. Fixed pay more than 100k, the rest variable components.. And all not insurance or property agents.. And do not drive conti.

What I'm trying to say is... Pls dun assume that higher pay equals to more pain, less happiness..

Edited by Chucky2007

Depends also on what job you are doing, i believe if you are in sales job, should not be a problem earning that amount per month. If you are working on pay cheque, usually $6-7K per month should be at least in management level who is a manager or above high position.

Sales job doesnt guarantee high pay.. Car sales man who all earn commission plus some fixed allowance compensation ranges from $12k per annum to 800k per annum.. All depends on the skill and mindset of each individual..plus what product (car brand) they are selling. Manager also depends on what industry.. A unit manager in a F&B outlet earns 3-4k a month working 60 hours a week, whereas a unit manager of a bank earns 6-25k a month working 45hours a week.. A GM of a big 5 star hotel earns maybe $300k a yearbwhile a GM of a small 3star hotel makes 100k a year..

Do u know for hawker in wet market, example selling meat, seafood and vegetables.. Which hawker makes the most every month? And which hawker actually has highest product profit margin?

Edited by Chucky2007

If u wanna make lots of $$$ in motor vehicle sales, working as a salesman in a dealership (not becoming owner of a dealership), would u sell a) Mercedes b) Toyota c) Proton?

If sell motorcycle, sell a) harley bike b) Honda bike c) china bike?

↡ Advertisement