What are these jobs salary range?

Quantum

u print..different also.. [laugh]

Yah different, I toil and strive, scrimp and save to buy a secondhand car.

Other people just sign on dotted line get brand new car....very different

↡ Advertisement

mcf got a lot of elites. mostly professional also. got financial consultant. most of them very humble. telling you half a million, few million is nothing to them and they are considered average or below average only.

Very true. I saw the below article & proven these few industries(real estate & financial) made lots of millionaire which require low start up cost.

You need to be in the right trade, work hard and opportunities to make it...

You can be a millionaire if you are in sales

fast and the modest?

By Hedy Khoo

HE used to stand elbow-to-elbow with other commuters on a congested bus, but now rubs shoulders with high-networth individuals who share a common passion for fast cars.

Formerly a policeman who pounded the streets, Mr Derrick Tan, 38, is now a private banker who owns a host of luxury cars, including an orange Lamborghini Spyder.

He belongs to the Lamborghini Club Singapore.

Membership in the 180-strong club is complimentary for those who purchase a new vehicle from the dealer.

So what is it like to navigate around other car owners whose fancy hot wheels cost as much as a semi-detached house?

Not very much different from being in any other car club, says Mr Tan.

"It's an opportunity to meet people who share the same passion and love for a particular brand of car," said Mr Tan.

"It's not about getting together to show off or see who has the latest model or the most number of cars."

The conversation doesn't always revolve around sleek machines and high-powered engines.

"We also talk about food, lifestyles and travel," said Mr Tan,who is married with a 3-year-old daughter.

Mr Tan also owns a Porsche Carrera S and a BMW M5. He bought all three cars last year.

But he wasn't born rich. "I grew up in a three-room HDB flat in Whampoa Drive and used to take public transport to work," he said.

As a child, he was a fan of the popular the Famous Five and Hardy Boys book series. He said the stories influenced his decision to become a policeman after he completed his diploma in engineering.

New interest

His experience in investigating cases in the commercial crime division sparked an interest in finance and he decided to pursue studies in banking when he was 25.

On graduation, he got a job as a personal banker at a private bank. His basic salary then was $1,500.

But he worked hard and was able to earn commissions of up to $9,000 a month. In his first year as a banker, he had an annual income of about $100,000.

Things have obviously got even better since then.

And Mr Tan remains clear on his priorities in life.

"You don't have to be born rich to be successful although it does help. But I feel the focus and priority should not be these supercars as family and friends do come first," he said.

And he does not think lowly of Japanese or Korean cars either. His first car was a 1-litre Toyota Starlet.

"I drive a Lamborghini simply because I love and enjoy the car," said Mr Tan.

A founding member of the Aston Martin Club, Mr Mike Amour, 48, also believes that supercar clubs are not for owners to show off or compare their wheels.

The former CEO of an advertising multinational company is currently taking a year off to spend time with his children.

"Most supercar owners don't talk about their cars in social situations.

"They are quite down-to-earth," said Mr Amour, who is from Scotland, but has spent the last 20 years working and living in the US and Paris.

He came to Singapore to work five years ago and is now a permanent resident here.

"At events organised by the car clubs, members get to know one another better, discuss and exchange information about the engines and the performance."

He bought his Aston MartinDB9in 2007 and used to hold informal gatherings with several other owners before they decided to register themselves as a club last year.

Activities popular with members include drives to Malaysia and courses on advanced driving techniques.

Currently, the club has 40 members.

There is a one-time registration fee of $238 and an annual fee of $188.

Those who think that supercar clubs are about snob appeal might be surprised by this club's attitude.

While the membership is by invitation, Mr Amour said it is not limited to Aston Martin car owners. But what about those who do not own a supercar or even a car?

"This club is not about being status-conscious. I don't think we will turn away someone who really likes Aston Martin cars and wants to meet like-minded people," said Mr Amour.

The Ferrari Club Singapore, however, remains exclusive to owners only, with exceptions for Maserati owners who can join as associate members.

Committee member Mr Nicklaus D'Cruz, 42, the chief executive of a golfing business, said it is only logical for a car club, especially those initiated by the dealership, to limit membership to owners.

"It is not about snobbery. But for events and drives, clubs may need their respective dealers to provide technical support or sponsorship.

"It would make more sense to promote their own brand," he explained.

He also pointed out that the car manufacturers may have their own policies and conditions when it comes to allowing clubs to bear their brand name and logo.

This is the case for the Ferrari Club Singapore, which has 60 membersand a yearly fee of $1,000.

But exclusivity does not mean it is out of reach.

Ferrari Club member Dr Grace Kong,who drives a red F430 Spyder, believes it is not an impossible dream to own a Ferrari. Her first car was a 1-litre Daihatsu Charade.

"I worked hard to buy myself a Ferrari because it has always been my dream. Owning one gives me a sense of achievement," said Dr Kong, a financial services director.

"Everybody should dare to dream of what they want to achieve. But dreaming is not enough. It is the execution and taking action to fulfil your dream that is important."

(edited)

Very true. I saw the below article & proven these few industries(real estate & financial) made lots of millionaire which require low start up cost.

You need to be in the right trade, work hard and opportunities to make it...

You can be a millionaire if you are in sales

fast and the modest?

By Hedy Khoo

HE used to stand elbow-to-elbow with other commuters on a congested bus, but now rubs shoulders with high-networth individuals who share a common passion for fast cars.

Formerly a policeman who pounded the streets, Mr Derrick Tan, 38, is now a private banker who owns a host of luxury cars, including an orange Lamborghini Spyder.

He belongs to the Lamborghini Club Singapore.

Membership in the 180-strong club is complimentary for those who purchase a new vehicle from the dealer.

So what is it like to navigate around other car owners whose fancy hot wheels cost as much as a semi-detached house?

Not very much different from being in any other car club, says Mr Tan.

"It's an opportunity to meet people who share the same passion and love for a particular brand of car," said Mr Tan.

"It's not about getting together to show off or see who has the latest model or the most number of cars."

The conversation doesn't always revolve around sleek machines and high-powered engines.

"We also talk about food, lifestyles and travel," said Mr Tan,who is married with a 3-year-old daughter.

Mr Tan also owns a Porsche Carrera S and a BMW M5. He bought all three cars last year.

But he wasn't born rich. "I grew up in a three-room HDB flat in Whampoa Drive and used to take public transport to work," he said.

As a child, he was a fan of the popular the Famous Five and Hardy Boys book series. He said the stories influenced his decision to become a policeman after he completed his diploma in engineering.

New interest

His experience in investigating cases in the commercial crime division sparked an interest in finance and he decided to pursue studies in banking when he was 25.

On graduation, he got a job as a personal banker at a private bank. His basic salary then was $1,500.

But he worked hard and was able to earn commissions of up to $9,000 a month. In his first year as a banker, he had an annual income of about $100,000.

Things have obviously got even better since then.

And Mr Tan remains clear on his priorities in life.

"You don't have to be born rich to be successful although it does help. But I feel the focus and priority should not be these supercars as family and friends do come first," he said.

And he does not think lowly of Japanese or Korean cars either. His first car was a 1-litre Toyota Starlet.

"I drive a Lamborghini simply because I love and enjoy the car," said Mr Tan.

A founding member of the Aston Martin Club, Mr Mike Amour, 48, also believes that supercar clubs are not for owners to show off or compare their wheels.

The former CEO of an advertising multinational company is currently taking a year off to spend time with his children.

"Most supercar owners don't talk about their cars in social situations.

"They are quite down-to-earth," said Mr Amour, who is from Scotland, but has spent the last 20 years working and living in the US and Paris.

He came to Singapore to work five years ago and is now a permanent resident here.

"At events organised by the car clubs, members get to know one another better, discuss and exchange information about the engines and the performance."

He bought his Aston MartinDB9in 2007 and used to hold informal gatherings with several other owners before they decided to register themselves as a club last year.

Activities popular with members include drives to Malaysia and courses on advanced driving techniques.

Currently, the club has 40 members.

There is a one-time registration fee of $238 and an annual fee of $188.

Those who think that supercar clubs are about snob appeal might be surprised by this club's attitude.

While the membership is by invitation, Mr Amour said it is not limited to Aston Martin car owners. But what about those who do not own a supercar or even a car?

"This club is not about being status-conscious. I don't think we will turn away someone who really likes Aston Martin cars and wants to meet like-minded people," said Mr Amour.

The Ferrari Club Singapore, however, remains exclusive to owners only, with exceptions for Maserati owners who can join as associate members.

Committee member Mr Nicklaus D'Cruz, 42, the chief executive of a golfing business, said it is only logical for a car club, especially those initiated by the dealership, to limit membership to owners.

"It is not about snobbery. But for events and drives, clubs may need their respective dealers to provide technical support or sponsorship.

"It would make more sense to promote their own brand," he explained.

He also pointed out that the car manufacturers may have their own policies and conditions when it comes to allowing clubs to bear their brand name and logo.

This is the case for the Ferrari Club Singapore, which has 60 membersand a yearly fee of $1,000.

But exclusivity does not mean it is out of reach.

Ferrari Club member Dr Grace Kong,who drives a red F430 Spyder, believes it is not an impossible dream to own a Ferrari. Her first car was a 1-litre Daihatsu Charade.

"I worked hard to buy myself a Ferrari because it has always been my dream. Owning one gives me a sense of achievement," said Dr Kong, a financial services director.

"Everybody should dare to dream of what they want to achieve. But dreaming is not enough. It is the execution and taking action to fulfil your dream that is important."

all I will say is that this is no rags to riches story lah....heh

Edited by Throttle2

manufacture solar module... you want?

ppl here running like rats off a sinking ship... if you interested in the industry then you should know which company i'm talking abt...

not as rosy it may seem from the outside... only after come in then can smell the s--t hahahaha

I only know of 2 company that manufacture module in Singapore. Eco-solar and REC.

just saw news..solar panels started to install in housing area

i always look highly in this sector..sooner or later things for future..

so is good or not good to work inside?tot is quite niche market also?

Turbocharged
(edited)

Yes, table cleaner earn $2,800.5 (five figure) leh

wah you got increament of 300 liao ah?? so good. i think my com still freeze salary.. [bigcry]

Edited by Joseph22

just saw news..solar panels started to install in housing area

i always look highly in this sector..sooner or later things for future..

so is good or not good to work inside?tot is quite niche market also?

not as fantastic as it looks from outside...

factory in ulu ulu tuas super big super huge spanking new...

pay wise typical manufacture pay depending on job scope...

not bad but not great

not as fantastic as it looks from outside...

factory in ulu ulu tuas super big super huge spanking new...

pay wise typical manufacture pay depending on job scope...

not bad but not great

ehh.... why people running like rats? Want to know more leh. Headhunter wanna recommend me for REC leh. Got inside scoop or not?

I hearsay from my frens that REC inside very messy though business is good. Heard high turnover of people there monthly.

Process messy nevermind, still can set straight given time. If management messy, forget it, the ship is going nowhere.

this company itself produces how many millionaire?

I think these two are the lucky ones, not all are the same.

a friend who processes and approves credit card application, tells me that private bankers earn good money. am curious how difficult is it to be a private banker the type that stand at teller counter and wait to sell banking products to rich old man and lady ? pls share.

the 3-4 financial certs,Degree..if recommendation is even better

iirc if intro friend in,if they past the probation..u also can get a sum..

private banker can be better than remiser..but risk involve is lesser coz bank support u..but remiser can earn alot more easily if u clients power one

these are the 2 difference

thanks. i also heard those who sell financial products in bank branches are usally young smart looking boys, true ? am thinking will old uncle like me appeal more to old rich widows ?

No i am working in the aviation sector my pay is about 18k already.

$18k but drive a Lancer Ralliart.. you $18k a year or $18k a month? [rolleyes]

$18k but drive a Lancer Ralliart.. you $18k a year or $18k a month? [rolleyes]

[laugh] Some people, their skin is thicker than their cerebral cortex.

[laugh] Some people, their skin is thicker than their cerebral cortex.

how come 18k per annual salary is consider skin is thicker?

↡ Advertisement