How to reduce air temp inside car on hot days?

Vroomtattat

saw it at autob*cs..forgot how much though..

went to both autob*cs, they don carry the ventilation fan. anyone know where to get?

Neutral Newbie

Home-Fix DIY shops got sell them too. Go to bigger ones like those in Thomson. They should have tem.

to reduce the heat inside your car, the secret is to use something to cover the dashboard, because it is the dashboard that gets heated up the most when under sun for long, dont believe, touch the dashboard and it is hot as a piece of fried chicken. by doing so, you greatly reduce the heat build up.

(edited)

Home-Fix DIY shops got sell them too. Go to bigger ones like those in Thomson. They should have tem.

Thanks for the info, will drop by to check. Maybe i should check out mustafa too.....

Edited by Tom_kkh

i have a sunroof so when i return to my car after parking under the sun for a long time, i will open the roof and all the windows... the heat dissipate pretty fast

Turbocharged

Not sure about the interior temperature, but its hot enough to deform my nohonhon (those shaking head solar toy) plastic box.

I've ever taken the external temperature of a silver and maroon colour car parked under sun, silver car surface was 50 deg.C and the maroon colour car at 63 deg.C. [sweatdrop]

interior temperature is about 40-43 deg C under the hot sun

Actually I read from an article that the fastest way is to open the windows slightly then drive the car. The wind entering the car will push the hot air out, and switch on the aircon after a few minutes. This will be most efficient and will not cause premature RIP of the compressor [:p]

i have a sunroof so when i return to my car after parking under the sun for a long time, i will open the roof and all the windows... the heat dissipate pretty fast

i am more concern of the heat speeding up the damaging of interior leathers rather than getting into a hot car under the sun.

So i guess the ventilation fan should come in handy.

i am more concern of the heat speeding up the damaging of interior leathers rather than getting into a hot car under the sun.

So i guess the ventilation fan should come in handy.

For protection of plastic, cover and solar film is more useful than ventilation fan. Fan cools temp a bit, but still expose to UV and IR.

not so much on e heat which is damaging, rather its e super dry humility when e interior is cooked up under hot sun. Our air con which cool n dry e air within also attribute to it.

You know that hot gush of air when you open your car door?

How do we reduce the temp when the car is parked in the open? Do we leave gaps in the windows?

You can do that if you have window visors installed I guess.

Is there any solar powered device in the market which can be installed to provide ventilation and does it help?

I find it leaving window gaps helps alot... simple, effective and costless. Best is u have windows visor also, helps rain splash or naughty hands...

For protection of plastic, cover and solar film is more useful than ventilation fan. Fan cools temp a bit, but still expose to UV and IR.

ya cover best, but i find it too troublesome.

Got Rikecool installed but i find it overrated!

So trying my best to bring down temperature to "prolong" the interior's life.

I find it leaving window gaps helps alot... simple, effective and costless. Best is u have windows visor also, helps rain splash or naughty hands...

I agree on this. Cheapest way to get rid of the heat without spending a single cent. And very effective too.

Just get window visor which is should be easily available,

then leave 1 cm gap in car.

normally i leave open a bit at passenger side and driver side with 1 cm gap

confirm better alot.

cheap and good , no need worry things spoilt

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I feel after parking for whole day outside, the interior abosorbs a lot of heat. Even after driving for 1 hour with aircon, when I enter the car again at night, I still feel warm or a bit hot. The heat still slowly released from seats, dashboard etc. Not sure if anyone else feels the same way.

Just like a house facing west and is baked for whole day. Even a few hours after sunset still can feel the heat.

Edited by Rongshu
↡ Advertisement