• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
649 replies to this topic | 216 praises

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:16 AM

Stanley30949
  • Stanley30949
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys, would like to know your views on the two top brands of quality and reliability over the years.
It can be any model whatsoever.
Would like to hear owner experiences.
And customer Service experiences with AD's.
thank you!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:42 AM

Perrier
  • Perrier
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys, would like to know your views on the two top brands of quality and reliability over the years.
thank you!

I will give you something else to ponder about.

Merc = Taxi

I know some who strike Merc off their shopping list because of it. Lame? Maybe but there are lots of other cars ard like Audi, VG, etc.

** Left blank for obvious reasons **

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:47 AM

Joseph22
  • Premium member
    Joseph22
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Merc = Taxi

I know some who strike Merc off their shopping list because of it. Lame? Maybe but there are lots of other cars ard like Audi, VG, etc.

i still prefer Merc. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

BTW in other country. BMW is also taxi.
Those who are for a cleaner MCF, change your avatar to a empty black image.

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:58 AM

Tleslie
  • Premium member
    Tleslie
    4th Gear
    Author Image

interesting to know which countries use bmw as taxi....

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:03 AM

Mike1234
  • Premium member
    Mike1234
    Supercharged
    Author Image

If given a choice...I would choose MERCs over BMW...

I dunnoe why....I prefer the style of Mercs than BMW.... laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:04 AM

Joseph22
  • Premium member
    Joseph22
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thailand and UK.

http://en.wikipedia....cabs_by_country
Those who are for a cleaner MCF, change your avatar to a empty black image.

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:12 AM

Weiming
  • Weiming
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Based on JD Powers surveys, MB is way more reliable compared to BMW today. MB has really improved their quality in recent years.

From the Wiki entry above, Cayennes and Maybachs are also used as taxis in Russia!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:14 AM

Cerano
  • Premium member
    Cerano
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Based on JD Powers surveys, MB is way more reliable compared to BMW today. MB has really improved their quality in recent years.

From the Wiki entry above, Cayennes and Maybachs are also used as taxis in Russia!

I wouldn't be surprised... In Germany they use S classes as taxis

Merc is much more reliable than BMW.

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:17 AM

Happily1986
  • Premium member
    Happily1986
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

by george, this is a no brainer! Mercedes by a long shot. No doubt qc went south after the W124 but still, reliability in my opinion is better. I feel it particularly stands out beyond the 5th year of ownership, thats when the disparity becomes clear.
1923 - 2015. You will be missed. Any possibility you can come back and salvage the current mess? Pretty please?

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:18 AM

Ben5266
  • Premium member
    Ben5266
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Ya, even taxi in Munich use Merc. It should support its local.

Champion of the Champions 2016 & 2017!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:26 AM

Ben5266
  • Premium member
    Ben5266
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

thank you!

You give me 1 5 series and 1 E class. I will test drive for 5 years and give you a comprehensive report. No service charge. Free.
Deal?

Joke a side. What I know, those who drives BMW hardly drives it to 10 years. Reason being, it breakdown and needs major overhaul after 6-7 years. And, it makes more sense to trade-in for a newer generation. Ok, maybe those guys I know are doing quite well.
Champion of the Champions 2016 & 2017!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i do not know of any country using BMWs as TAxis. The only BMW taxi i know of is the 'Ring taxi.
I've had 2 older gen. BMWs. Both still going strong. one's going on to 16yrs(E36), another's going 19yrs(E30). Only downtime is due to wear and tear items. Nothing major and out of the ordinary has happened to either. My engine is going to go for a full rebuild after which full bodywork and audio reinstall (Cos the current wiring and installation from previous owner is quite frankly, shite). But that's just because i want it back to almost-new-ish condition.

My dad was a Merc-man, W116, W122, W126, W201. The one that gave trouble was the W201. So both marques not too bad, but i'd figure the Mercs stand up to lousy treatment from owners better. BMWs do better with enthusiast owners.

Current models i' can't comment cause i do not have the pleasure of owning them. But from what i know, most owners lthat complain about BMW's reliability are owners who treat them like Japanese cars and do not service/maintain the cars early in the car's life. Such treatment will bring about more problems down the road.

Edited by Mockngbrd, 15 July 2010 - 10:39 AM.

Garage36.com

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

Mike1234
  • Premium member
    Mike1234
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Ya, even taxi in Munich use Merc. It should support its local.

Merc, BMW, AUDI, VW also german one...

Unless u trying to say taxi's should come with lots of models????

I guess Merc is relatively one of the "hotter" choice...
smile.gif

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:45 AM

Stanley30949
  • Stanley30949
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Bmw 7 Series or Mercedes S Class?

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:45 AM

Weiming
  • Weiming
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I love the E30! My favourite BMW model ever, especially the E30 M3 biggrin.gif

I believe the reason why older vehicles are more reliable is that they were built during an era where good, solid engineering and pride in the product was the norm. Nowadays is lowest cost, maximum profit :)

Also older cars were not so heavily laden with electronics and computers that are not as long lasting as simple mechanical devices.

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:52 AM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Bmw 7 Series or Mercedes S Class?

depends if u prefer sitting in the front or back
Garage36.com

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:52 AM

Stanley30949
  • Stanley30949
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

depends if u prefer sitting in the front or back

the overall package.
whats ur opinion?

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:54 AM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I love the E30! My favourite BMW model ever, especially the E30 M3 biggrin.gif

I believe the reason why older vehicles are more reliable is that they were built during an era where good, solid engineering and pride in the product was the norm. Nowadays is lowest cost, maximum profit :)

Also older cars were not so heavily laden with electronics and computers that are not as long lasting as simple mechanical devices.

Yes! E30 M3 is stunning.. especially in real life.. i wanted to carry one home
check out the price... f-ookin 'ell... cheap (if u compare with cars in SG) and it was pristine baby blush.gif

Garage36.com

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:55 AM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

the overall package.
whats ur opinion?

i'm biased towards BMWs.
best is for u to go test them yourself. I think if u get a 7er, there's the 7PP (privileges programme), can have a yacht for a day and get discounts for private jet to fly durians to HKG. And quite alot more stuff. For a privilege programme i think BMW's is top now

Edited by Mockngbrd, 15 July 2010 - 10:56 AM.

Garage36.com

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

Jolie888
  • Jolie888
    Banned

Merc = Taxi

There are VW taxis in Singapore, didn't you know? Haven't seen the VW Touran taxis?
Many VW taxis in China and Audi taxis in Germany.

So,

VW = Taxi
Audi = Taxi

So all strike out Audi and VW from their shopping list lah? Lame? Stoopid.

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users