Mercedes Vs. Bmw- Quality and Reliability

Stanley30949

Hi guys, would like to know your views on the two top brands of quality and reliability over the years.

It can be any model whatsoever.

Would like to hear owner experiences.

And customer Service experiences with AD's.

thank you!

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys, would like to know your views on the two top brands of quality and reliability over the years.

thank you!

I will give you something else to ponder about.

Merc = Taxi

I know some who strike Merc off their shopping list because of it. Lame? Maybe but there are lots of other cars ard like Audi, VG, etc.

Turbocharged

I will give you something else to ponder about.

Merc = Taxi

I know some who strike Merc off their shopping list because of it. Lame? Maybe but there are lots of other cars ard like Audi, VG, etc.

i still prefer Merc. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

BTW in other country. BMW is also taxi.

Based on JD Powers surveys, MB is way more reliable compared to BMW today. MB has really improved their quality in recent years.

From the Wiki entry above, Cayennes and Maybachs are also used as taxis in Russia!

Based on JD Powers surveys, MB is way more reliable compared to BMW today. MB has really improved their quality in recent years.

From the Wiki entry above, Cayennes and Maybachs are also used as taxis in Russia!

I wouldn't be surprised... In Germany they use S classes as taxis

Merc is much more reliable than BMW.

by george, this is a no brainer! Mercedes by a long shot. No doubt qc went south after the W124 but still, reliability in my opinion is better. I feel it particularly stands out beyond the 5th year of ownership, thats when the disparity becomes clear.

Supercharged

interesting to know which countries use bmw as taxi....

Ya, even taxi in Munich use Merc. It should support its local.

Supercharged

thank you!

You give me 1 5 series and 1 E class. I will test drive for 5 years and give you a comprehensive report. No service charge. Free.

Deal?

Joke a side. What I know, those who drives BMW hardly drives it to 10 years. Reason being, it breakdown and needs major overhaul after 6-7 years. And, it makes more sense to trade-in for a newer generation. Ok, maybe those guys I know are doing quite well.

(edited)

i do not know of any country using BMWs as TAxis. The only BMW taxi i know of is the 'Ring taxi.

I've had 2 older gen. BMWs. Both still going strong. one's going on to 16yrs(E36), another's going 19yrs(E30). Only downtime is due to wear and tear items. Nothing major and out of the ordinary has happened to either. My engine is going to go for a full rebuild after which full bodywork and audio reinstall (Cos the current wiring and installation from previous owner is quite frankly, shite). But that's just because i want it back to almost-new-ish condition.

My dad was a Merc-man, W116, W122, W126, W201. The one that gave trouble was the W201. So both marques not too bad, but i'd figure the Mercs stand up to lousy treatment from owners better. BMWs do better with enthusiast owners.

Current models i' can't comment cause i do not have the pleasure of owning them. But from what i know, most owners lthat complain about BMW's reliability are owners who treat them like Japanese cars and do not service/maintain the cars early in the car's life. Such treatment will bring about more problems down the road.

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Dislike 1

Ya, even taxi in Munich use Merc. It should support its local.

Merc, BMW, AUDI, VW also german one...

Unless u trying to say taxi's should come with lots of models????

I guess Merc is relatively one of the "hotter" choice...

[:)]

I love the E30! My favourite BMW model ever, especially the E30 M3 :D

I believe the reason why older vehicles are more reliable is that they were built during an era where good, solid engineering and pride in the product was the norm. Nowadays is lowest cost, maximum profit :)

Also older cars were not so heavily laden with electronics and computers that are not as long lasting as simple mechanical devices.

I love the E30! My favourite BMW model ever, especially the E30 M3 :D

I believe the reason why older vehicles are more reliable is that they were built during an era where good, solid engineering and pride in the product was the norm. Nowadays is lowest cost, maximum profit :)

Also older cars were not so heavily laden with electronics and computers that are not as long lasting as simple mechanical devices.

Yes! E30 M3 is stunning.. especially in real life.. i wanted to carry one home

check out the price... f-ookin 'ell... cheap (if u compare with cars in SG) and it was pristine baby [blush]

studie_yokohama_P1020747.jpg

↡ Advertisement