Mercedes Vs. Bmw- Quality and Reliability

Stanley30949

(edited)

the overall package.

whats ur opinion?

i'm biased towards BMWs.

best is for u to go test them yourself. I think if u get a 7er, there's the 7PP (privileges programme), can have a yacht for a day and get discounts for private jet to fly durians to HKG. And quite alot more stuff. For a privilege programme i think BMW's is top now

Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement

I will give you something else to ponder about.

Merc = Taxi

I know some who strike Merc off their shopping list because of it. Lame? Maybe but there are lots of other cars ard like Audi, VG, etc.

There are VW taxis in Singapore, didn't you know? Haven't seen the VW Touran taxis?

Many VW taxis in China and Audi taxis in Germany.

So,

VW = Taxi

Audi = Taxi

So all strike out Audi and VW from their shopping list lah? Lame? Stoopid.

Great opinions guys.

However in terms of innovation and having the latest technology i still think Merc.

correct me if i am wrong,

Does any other car have the Pre-Safe System??? or its equivalents?

Looking at the no. of Merc and BMW made it to 2nd COE(>10yrs), i see more E-class renew COE but hardly see any 5 series doing that.

(edited)

I have owned Merc (twice), BMW, Audi, VW, Lexus (among other brands) in my life-time driving experience.

Just from the quality and reliability standpoints, I would rank the cars that I have owned as follows:

Top = Best

Bottom = Worst

Quality-wise

--------------

1. Merc

2. Audi

3. Lexus (good, but still Japanese-finish to me)

4. BMW (plastics deteriorate)

5. VW (can't match the premium brands on quality)

Reliability

-----------

1. Lexus

2. Merc (only for early-2000 model. Current 2009/10 models are very reliable)

3. Audi

4. BMW (drive train sensors, engine management system)

5. VW (electrical/electronics, power windows)

Edited by Jolie888

Turbocharged

There are VW taxis in Singapore, didn't you know? Haven't seen the VW Touran taxis?

So,

VW = Taxi

Audi = Taxi

VW Taxi is rare, its either the Yellow top or the white SMRT type.

Was talking to a Merc Cab Driver the other day and he said that Taxi's average mileage per year is around 300,000 km.

My view is that that if cab companies chose the merc e class knowing it will do 300k km's in one year, surely theres some quality behind that vehicle!

Neutral Newbie

I find that Both reliabilty is bad presently,as me and my family own all this car for more than 40 years.

Lets talk about Mercede first, those make last time is very reliable , as good as tanks. But not manufacture after year 2000. But is still better than BMW . Mercede take a few year to give you problem. But BMW can give you problem seen the day you collect your car. BMW to me is only brand but reliability is sucks. I have talk a lot of bad experience about BMW in this forum, some of them even say i m a LEXUS sales man. Presently my family is all driving Lexus. As car is so expensive in singapore we need to buy reliable car. In germany BMW is so cheap if you don't like it you can just change.

In actual fact is not only BMW or mercede not reliable, even all the western make car is not reliable ,thats why you can see them close shop one by one. They fail because they don't improve they are proud the way they manufacture cars. But going forward you can see even the korean is coming up big time. Only history will tell. The best will win.

I find that Both reliabilty is bad presently,as me and my family own all this car for more than 40 years.

Lets talk about Mercede first, those make last time is very reliable , as good as tanks. But not manufacture after year 2000. But is still better than BMW . Mercede take a few year to give you problem. But BMW can give you problem seen the day you collect your car. BMW to me is only brand but reliability is sucks. I have talk a lot of bad experience about BMW in this forum, some of them even say i m a LEXUS sales man. Presently my family is all driving Lexus. As car is so expensive in singapore we need to buy reliable car. In germany BMW is so cheap if you don't like it you can just change.

In actual fact is not only BMW or mercede not reliable, even all the western make car is not reliable ,thats why you can see them close shop one by one. They fail because they don't improve they are proud the way they manufacture cars. But going forward you can see even the korean is coming up big time. Only history will tell. The best will win.

What about the massive re-call on Lexus Makes- http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/02/autos/lexus_engine_recall/

don't remember the last time German Rivals had a massive re call....

Hi guys, would like to know your views on the two top brands of quality and reliability over the years.

It can be any model whatsoever.

Would like to hear owner experiences.

And customer Service experiences with AD's.

thank you!

I will go for Lexus [lipsrsealed]

So,

VW = Taxi

Audi = Taxi

Thanks. Lame maybe. Stupid? Definitely not.

Neutral Newbie

Lexus is a young company of 20 years it have already grow to be the best in luxury car in United state for around 10 years. The car reliability is no need to question. But going forward i don't know they can continue to grow . If they don't improve on the technology than is a big question mark.

Reliability --> Merc

Look --> BMW

Ask the Thais, Malaysians, or indonesians. Over there, they use cars for more than 10 years.. Bimmers tend to give lots of problems after 5 years.

Neutral Newbie

Why lexus can't grow so big is because their car is all big CC. A lot of the country have high tax on big cc car. Secondly European don't buy Lexus because of face problem. But is a matter of time if china people buy lexus. Than is a different story. Thats why i tell Lexus distributor to sell more expensive than mercede and bmw people will start to buy.

↡ Advertisement