Mercedes Vs. Bmw- Quality and Reliability

Stanley30949

Lexus is a young company of 20 years it have already grow to be the best in luxury car in United state for around 10 years. The car reliability is no need to question. But going forward i don't know they can continue to grow . If they don't improve on the technology than is a big question mark.

these few years lexus has been overtaken by mercedes and bmw though.... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

I find that Both reliabilty is bad presently,as me and my family own all this car for more than 40 years.

Lets talk about Mercede first, those make last time is very reliable , as good as tanks. But not manufacture after year 2000. But is still better than BMW . Mercede take a few year to give you problem. But BMW can give you problem seen the day you collect your car. BMW to me is only brand but reliability is sucks. I have talk a lot of bad experience about BMW in this forum, some of them even say i m a LEXUS sales man. Presently my family is all driving Lexus. As car is so expensive in singapore we need to buy reliable car. In germany BMW is so cheap if you don't like it you can just change.

In actual fact is not only BMW or mercede not reliable, even all the western make car is not reliable ,thats why you can see them close shop one by one. They fail because they don't improve they are proud the way they manufacture cars. But going forward you can see even the korean is coming up big time. Only history will tell. The best will win.

After year 2000 when it was owned by Daimler Chrysler, the standards were slack but when Daimler split off again in 2006 ( i think), the models after that

W221 S-class, W204 C-Class are all excellent in quality.

Neutral Newbie

Reliability --> Merc

Look --> BMW

Ask the Thais, Malaysians, or indonesians. Over there, they use cars for more than 10 years.. Bimmers tend to give lots of problems after 5 years.

I need to overhaul BMW engine at 50,000 KM of travel. piston ,gasket and oil separator all change.

Turbocharged

Reliability --> Merc

Look --> BMW

Ask the Thais, Malaysians, or indonesians. Over there, they use cars for more than 10 years.. Bimmers tend to give lots of problems after 5 years.

BMW look better than Merc meh??? i find merc look better.

these few years lexus has been overtaken by mercedes and bmw though.... [laugh]

wait u kena again...look down jippon ah [:p] [:p] [:p]

Turbocharged

wait u kena again...look down jippon ah [:p][:p][:p]

MCF very hard to survice.

cannot speak bad about Korea

Cannot speak bad about Jipun.

Tell ppl you drive conti ppl say you hao lian

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

drive 'tiong kok' car ppl say u cheapo :D

(edited)

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

[laugh] dun drive ppl say u cheapo...

but one thing we all unison....

DUN COME HERE CB TOK LIKE YOU DRIVE SO MANY CARS WHEN IN REALITY NO BLOODY LICENSE AND ONI READ FROM MAGAZINES...PLS GO BACK TO UNDER YOUR MOMMAS SKIRT [cool]

Edited by RadX

Turbocharged

DUN COME HERE CB TOK LIKE YOU DRIVE SO MANY CARS WHEN IN REALITY NO BLOODY LICENSE AND ONI READ FROM MAGAZINES...PLS GO BACK TO UNDER YOUR MOMMAS SKIRT [cool]

haha... you bery de bad [laugh]

but i like [thumbsup]

i think Jerrrkkk is more well recieved in this aspect [lipsrsealed]

Turbocharged

the part abt Momma's skirt is kindof kinky. can i join? ^_^

the part abt Momma's skirt is kindof kinky. can i join? ^_^

you wan to noe his momma? [laugh] [laugh]

no way, i would have performed euthanasia. [knife]

on the kid or mother or both? [laugh] [laugh]

Why lexus can't grow so big is because their car is all big CC. A lot of the country have high tax on big cc car. Secondly European don't buy Lexus because of face problem. But is a matter of time if china people buy lexus. Than is a different story. Thats why i tell Lexus distributor to sell more expensive than mercede and bmw people will start to buy.

Lexus is not big in EU because lack of diesel model. Not face hor!

It is big in US of A because big 3 auto co keep on producing unreliable car. American feed up. Look @ ES300, it is basically Toyota Camry 3L but repackage as Lexus ES300 for baby boomer.

I find lexus still has that flimsy feel. the overpolished wood makes it look like plastic inside LS460 and that WOW factor in their car interior is not up to par.

Comparing bmw 7, ls460, and new jaguar XJ, merc s class- for some reason. the s class interior feels bespoke to the car and its exterior is so elegant and yet sport. anyone beg to differ?