Mercedes Vs. Bmw- Quality and Reliability

Stanley30949

ML is not bad lah.... people who buy this cat are not fussy about handling. They buy for status nia...

Honestly the Q7 is too big for daily use. I seldom see them on the road liao.

Get the new X5 with 3L turbo....

drive X5 look better siol

ML interior NG, X5 [thumbsup]

the ML350 looks not bad wat.... but depreciation higher than the other 2... because OMV is only $60k+ compared to $85k+ for the other 2...

in the international forums i read that between ML350 and X5 3.0L more people prefer the ML350, but when it comes to ML500 vs X5 4.8L most prefer the X5...

i see more X5 in road than ML350 :D

Neutral Newbie

i love merc, i drive before, but that's not my car. i drive both bmw 318/320/520/740 series and merc e200/c180/c200. i like the design of e250 (latest model) and 5 series (biz class)

for quality and reliability i still prefer merc, my friend driving merc without problem for many year, my friend driving bmw giving alot of problem within 2yr onward. bmw repair cost is much more expensive, end up alot of them sold off their bmw.

friend who drive merc is getting more. i'm saving up for merc. looking for 2nd hand. cos i dont think i will spend so much on new car since the 1st day i brought my own brand new car when i'm 21. i think i can save more for my future house loan.

there's one actual incident at pie when i'm driving my car. the front car jam brake, so i jam brake and a merc behind me jam brake and a toyota can't jam brake and hit onto the merc. and a biker can't jam brake he fly off infront of the toyota and fall beside my car. (coz i'm looking at my back and side mirror after i jam brake) that happen so fast. i went straight down to help the biker (hoping he's not dead yet, i think he broke his leg, toyota infront total lost (i think it's altis or vios) and merc only 1 scratch. no dent or what.

mercedes have it's own F1 engine (2L) and BMW only have Formula BMW (1.3L or 1.6L) that always have problems. i'm a race official i saw formula bmw always have problem, not merc f1 engine.

taxi companies choose mercedes because of better quality and built while maintainance is affordable.

i have read almost all the post in this forum and i think most of the people here still prefer mercedes. E63 AMG is gd,

TopGear say bmw designer and engineer is kuku c--k, the person who drive it is also a c--k. lousy car, lousy design. not worth compare to mercedes. especially the X6. 3 series (leg room so tight.)

i love merc, i drive before, but that's not my car. i drive both bmw 318/320/520/740 series and merc e200/c180/c200. i like the design of e250 (latest model) and 5 series (biz class)

for quality and reliability i still prefer merc, my friend driving merc without problem for many year, my friend driving bmw giving alot of problem within 2yr onward. bmw repair cost is much more expensive, end up alot of them sold off their bmw.

friend who drive merc is getting more. i'm saving up for merc. looking for 2nd hand. cos i dont think i will spend so much on new car since the 1st day i brought my own brand new car when i'm 21. i think i can save more for my future house loan.

there's one actual incident at pie when i'm driving my car. the front car jam brake, so i jam brake and a merc behind me jam brake and a toyota can't jam brake and hit onto the merc. and a biker can't jam brake he fly off infront of the toyota and fall beside my car. (coz i'm looking at my back and side mirror after i jam brake) that happen so fast. i went straight down to help the biker (hoping he's not dead yet, i think he broke his leg, toyota infront total lost (i think it's altis or vios) and merc only 1 scratch. no dent or what.

mercedes have it's own F1 engine (2L) and BMW only have Formula BMW (1.3L or 1.6L) that always have problems. i'm a race official i saw formula bmw always have problem, not merc f1 engine.

taxi companies choose mercedes because of better quality and built while maintainance is affordable.

i have read almost all the post in this forum and i think most of the people here still prefer mercedes. E63 AMG is gd,

TopGear say bmw designer and engineer is kuku c--k, the person who drive it is also a c--k. lousy car, lousy design. not worth compare to mercedes. especially the X6. 3 series (leg room so tight.)

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

No need to save up lah, go get taxi license lor....

Edited by Voxy28

Neutral Newbie

check this out at 1:12, the BMW owner mentioned his ride has been driven 413,575 miles!! Amazing, the car will go thru at least 4 COE renewal!!

Neutral Newbie

If you all want to know about reliability issues on BMW F10 (Ultimate Driving Machine), can refer below;-

1) http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/show...-to-date/page16

2) http://www.facebook.com/BMW.Malaysia?v=wall

Dont laught at Toyota & Lexus, when they recall their car from market due to minor problem... This BMW tarak telur coz they did not recall but they try to hide the problem as possible from us.

I had a lot of trouble with my BMW 320.

I had sent it in for repairs no less than 20 times over three years until the mechanic knew my name and my mobile number.

Its all ticky tacky issues such as windows not working normally and the central locking keep on locking up for no apparent reason whatsoever.

I just changed to the new E class E250. It really seems to be much more reliable. No shakes and rattles even after six months and certainly no need to bring it in to repairs for ticky tacky electrical issues.

I also think the ride quality has improved so so much as well.

I had sent it in for repairs no less than 20 times over three years until the mechanic knew my name and my mobile number.

Its all ticky tacky issues such as windows not working normally and the central locking keep on locking up for no apparent reason whatsoever.

I just changed to the new E class E250. It really seems to be much more reliable. No shakes and rattles even after six months and certainly no need to bring it in to repairs for ticky tacky electrical issues.

The e90 320is are south african made and the quality sucks. It also does not help that PML pegs the 1st serviving at 25000km for the 1st few batches.

The higher end models (e92s, e93s, etc) are made in germany and the quality is better.

there have been too many horror stories about BMW. i had an acquaintance whose E39 starting giving trouble the moment warranty expired. and at the same moment, PML also started giving attitude problem... [laugh]

bro, first of all, 3 series not in same class with E250 and ride quality too

2nd, i bought my E250 on march 2010 and bring it back to C&C for more than 6 times due to; suspension, right headlight, left headlight, speaker, etc

there have been too many horror stories about BMW. i had an acquaintance whose E39 starting giving trouble the moment warranty expired. and at the same moment, PML also started giving attitude problem... [laugh]

My 8th yr old E39 still chiong on the road. What kind of problem are u talking about? There are known problems among E39 owners.

↡ Advertisement