Mercedes Vs. Bmw- Quality and Reliability

Stanley30949

I find lexus still has that flimsy feel. the overpolished wood makes it look like plastic inside LS460 and that WOW factor in their car interior is not up to par.

Comparing bmw 7, ls460, and new jaguar XJ, merc s class- for some reason. the s class interior feels bespoke to the car and its exterior is so elegant and yet sport. anyone beg to differ?

stan, looks like you've already made up your mind.

IMO, at this price point and category of car, they are all very well tailored and built. there is very little to fault every car in this class. price-wise they are all about the same plus or minus a couple of 10k, which buyers in this category are not likely to hiam. so it will come down to your personal preference in the feel of the interior, which is IMO psychological and influenced by the branding.

↡ Advertisement

actually quality maybe goes to bmw over merc, merc quality especially E class is goin downward but i'm not sure the new 5 series quality. Audi quality is not bad, might consider it. Merc S class is truly elegant and yet reliable. other than S class, other merc model may not as reliable with S class.

even though BMW quality is better than merc to me, merc still a winner cos of established branding, its like mcdonald, whenever ppl say about luxury car, first come to mind is merc then bmw.

(edited)

I find lexus still has that flimsy feel. the overpolished wood makes it look like plastic inside LS460 and that WOW factor in their car interior is not up to par.

Comparing bmw 7, ls460, and new jaguar XJ, merc s class- for some reason. the s class interior feels bespoke to the car and its exterior is so elegant and yet sport. anyone beg to differ?

S class exterior and interior look elegant yet sporty

7Series look sporty but not luxury

LS460 comfortable and a bit elegant but the model not that good.(toyota feeling when sit inside)

New XJ look sporty rather than elegant

ultimate winner is the new 2011 Audi A8 where it can be sporty, trendy, cool, comfy and luxury(dream car other than S class) :D

Edited by Thaiyotakamli

I find that Both reliabilty is bad presently,as me and my family own all this car for more than 40 years.

Lets talk about Mercede first, those make last time is very reliable , as good as tanks. But not manufacture after year 2000. But is still better than BMW . Mercede take a few year to give you problem. But BMW can give you problem seen the day you collect your car. BMW to me is only brand but reliability is sucks. I have talk a lot of bad experience about BMW in this forum, some of them even say i m a LEXUS sales man. Presently my family is all driving Lexus. As car is so expensive in singapore we need to buy reliable car. In germany BMW is so cheap if you don't like it you can just change.

In actual fact is not only BMW or mercede not reliable, even all the western make car is not reliable ,thats why you can see them close shop one by one. They fail because they don't improve they are proud the way they manufacture cars. But going forward you can see even the korean is coming up big time. Only history will tell. The best will win.

yah lexus very reliable especially the ES300 at US which is unstopable and cause death for the whole family [lipsrsealed]

yah lexus very reliable especially the ES300 at US which is unstopable and cause death for the whole family [lipsrsealed]

if some can remember last time lexus is like the present audi with very aggressive marketing ploys.

but lexus is considered an upstart coming from the fact that they are just toyotas in drag. another point to prove is the earlier models like the LS400 and IS200 were sold as celsiors and altezzas in jippun.

with a small notch below in pricing compared to the german marques with good built quality and toyota's reliability, they sold like hotcakes.

but we simply can't brush off the fact that they're still toyotas under the skin. but now even under the skin there's so much reliability issues now.

just like the bottom rung audis, save the money and u're better off in a VW.

Neutral Newbie

my fren got his F10 BMW 523i 2 weeks ago..last week when travelling on highway during rainy weather..the car couldn't brake..he was terrified..luckily he managed to get the car to road shoulder safely and called PML tow..send them lawyer letter already..PML say sensor for brakes faulty..together with dunno wat else also spoilt..like dat also can ah..

Hi guys, would like to know your views on the two top brands of quality and reliability over the years.

It can be any model whatsoever.

Would like to hear owner experiences.

And customer Service experiences with AD's.

thank you!

Why waste time asking for feedback...U r driving the car surely u know what u want & need = No need to ask...just go for a test drive & u will be able to decide for yourself.

[laugh] dun drive ppl say u cheapo...

but one thing we all unison....

DUN COME HERE CB TOK LIKE YOU DRIVE SO MANY CARS WHEN IN REALITY NO BLOODY LICENSE AND ONI READ FROM MAGAZINES...PLS GO BACK TO UNDER YOUR MOMMAS SKIRT [cool]

thanks for putting to words, what we have always felt [laugh]

big words literally speaking though.

MCF very hard to survice.

cannot speak bad about Korea

Cannot speak bad about Jipun.

Tell ppl you drive conti ppl say you hao lian

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

ya lor

esp got rich people like got one porker driver harh [laugh]

stan, looks like you've already made up your mind.

IMO, at this price point and category of car, they are all very well tailored and built. there is very little to fault every car in this class. price-wise they are all about the same plus or minus a couple of 10k, which buyers in this category are not likely to hiam. so it will come down to your personal preference in the feel of the interior, which is IMO psychological and influenced by the branding.

accherly harh

his family already driving a W221 [laugh]

actually quality maybe goes to bmw over merc, merc quality especially E class is goin downward but i'm not sure the new 5 series quality. Audi quality is not bad, might consider it. Merc S class is truly elegant and yet reliable. other than S class, other merc model may not as reliable with S class.

even though BMW quality is better than merc to me, merc still a winner cos of established branding, its like mcdonald, whenever ppl say about luxury car, first come to mind is merc then bmw.

cannot be.... F10 also start to have problems alr

your W212 still ho say right Merc quality is going up

my fren got his F10 BMW 523i 2 weeks ago..last week when travelling on highway during rainy weather..the car couldn't brake..he was terrified..luckily he managed to get the car to road shoulder safely and called PML tow..send them lawyer letter already..PML say sensor for brakes faulty..together with dunno wat else also spoilt..like dat also can ah..

must sue until terng kor [laugh]

Sure boh??

Like that can really sue BMW until pants drop!! Just like those taking Toyota to courts now.

Neutral Newbie

Sure boh??

Like that can really sue BMW until pants drop!! Just like those taking Toyota to courts now.

my fren damn nice guy..he say he wanna get PML to give him extended warranty only..i told him if i were him..i would sue PML..but easier said den done la..PML so big conglomerate..my fren is well to do only..not filthy rich those kind..i dun tink he wans all the trouble dat comes wif a court case

wah lau!! willing to spend money, money is no issue, but quality is issue!? look like the world only 2 options, this B or that B [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

pay more money and hoping to have less problem! [dizzy] actually pay money buy problems. i prefer pay less money and no problem

↡ Advertisement