Mercedes Vs. Bmw- Quality and Reliability

Stanley30949

Turbocharged

my fren got his F10 BMW 523i 2 weeks ago..last week when travelling on highway during rainy weather..the car couldn't brake..he was terrified..luckily he managed to get the car to road shoulder safely and called PML tow..send them lawyer letter already..PML say sensor for brakes faulty..together with dunno wat else also spoilt..like dat also can ah..

I'm not sure if this is so true because the brake sensors/dsc sensors do not affect the brakes when faulty! My brake sensors went down many weeks back and my car still brake fine. Just that it has no ABS.

↡ Advertisement

I'm not sure if this is so true because the brake sensors/dsc sensors do not affect the brakes when faulty! My brake sensors went down many weeks back and my car still brake fine. Just that it has no ABS.

Sounds weird to me too. But having no brakes is scarier than locking up i guess [sweatdrop]

Could be the hydraulic system circuit fail or faulty vacuum system, which includes the hose needed for negative pressure to activate the servo unit.

Neutral Newbie

my fren noe nuts about cars..so he jus took the words the PML people told him to be true..really hope PML solves his tis braking problem [:(]

cannot be.... F10 also start to have problems alr

your W212 still ho say right Merc quality is going up

eh no leh my W212 got abit noise in hump, come from left front wheel, next service want to ask to C&C about this problem. sound insulation of merc i felt same with my previous camry le so felt that merc and thaiyota no big difference.

my fren got his F10 BMW 523i 2 weeks ago..last week when travelling on highway during rainy weather..the car couldn't brake..he was terrified..luckily he managed to get the car to road shoulder safely and called PML tow..send them lawyer letter already..PML say sensor for brakes faulty..together with dunno wat else also spoilt..like dat also can ah..

wah biang BMW now has same title with toyotas and lexus which is unstoppable :D

thanks for putting to words, what we have always felt [laugh]

big words literally speaking though.

especially when this mother cb rants rubbish from his testicles....really cannot tahan.....assh... [furious] [furious]

wah biang BMW now has same title with toyotas and lexus which is unstoppable :D

possible as the main brakes may be all coming from the same manufacturer.....thence all might kena recall

in fact my brakes also the other day a little itchy....but all ok lah [:p] [:p]

Turbocharged

if some can remember last time lexus is like the present audi with very aggressive marketing ploys.

but lexus is considered an upstart coming from the fact that they are just toyotas in drag. another point to prove is the earlier models like the LS400 and IS200 were sold as celsiors and altezzas in jippun.

with a small notch below in pricing compared to the german marques with good built quality and toyota's reliability, they sold like hotcakes.

but we simply can't brush off the fact that they're still toyotas under the skin. but now even under the skin there's so much reliability issues now.

just like the bottom rung audis, save the money and u're better off in a VW.

but i heard the older generation got higher regards for 4 rings than BMW leh

[laugh] dun drive ppl say u cheapo...

but one thing we all unison....

DUN COME HERE CB TOK LIKE YOU DRIVE SO MANY CARS WHEN IN REALITY NO BLOODY LICENSE AND ONI READ FROM MAGAZINES...PLS GO BACK TO UNDER YOUR MOMMAS SKIRT [cool]

WAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH RADX!!!!

well said!!!!!!! =)

S class exterior and interior look elegant yet sporty

7Series look sporty but not luxury

LS460 comfortable and a bit elegant but the model not that good.(toyota feeling when sit inside)

New XJ look sporty rather than elegant

ultimate winner is the new 2011 Audi A8 where it can be sporty, trendy, cool, comfy and luxury(dream car other than S class) :D

i still like the S class more.

esp the LED rear lights.

look totally like mayback.

to top it off, S63 AMG

WAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH RADX!!!!

well said!!!!!!! =)

yah wat bloody kid come here and translate rubbish from hearsay and wat he reads.....get a bloody life and if you ahve no experience STFU lah <_<

i still like the S class more.

esp the LED rear lights.

look totally like mayback.

to top it off, S63 AMG

yup like maybach, the facelifted S class is a [thumbsup]

the some older merc models like the W115, W124 had set records for millions of miles on the clock. :blink:

W124 is not a car...its a tank built to withstand the test of time...till this day my dad misses his W124 which gave him almost no probs back then...in fact i feel that the older cars are much more built solidly than current ones...be it jap or conti...

(edited)

I used to own a merc(W124). The repair cost was bearable as most of the parts are still quite "mass-market". My own understanding of BMW is once u drive a BMW into a workshop be prepared to be CHOPPED like minced meat. A BMW repair easily set you back by $10K!!

One of my friend ever ask me wanna drive a BMW cheap cheap just go to some backlane @ sin ming road a lot of BMW parked there because owners no money to pay repair cost. My friend jest just pay the workshop $10k+ can drive off anyone of the BMW. These BMW owners hear-say would rather continue to pay their hire purchase than to pay the exorbitant [;)] repair cost.

In short, it seems to my limited knowledge that Mercedes repair cost is more generic in nature than BMW more specialized requirements.

Edited by Tomkurus

yah wat bloody kid come here and translate rubbish from hearsay and wat he reads.....get a bloody life and if you ahve no experience STFU lah <_<

don't act tok kong lah....

i can't force you to believe that i do have experience in driving....

if you so pro,

share your experience on the forum lah....

why so afraid to hide???

share share lah....

Kind to elaborate what is noise in hump?

Frankly, i find merc's sound insulation not as good as lexus.

Then again, both drive so differently. I think i might not go back to nippon car again.

eh no leh my W212 got abit noise in hump, come from left front wheel, next service want to ask to C&C about this problem. sound insulation of merc i felt same with my previous camry le so felt that merc and thaiyota no big difference.

Turbocharged

don't act tok kong lah....

i can't force you to believe that i do have experience in driving....

if you so pro,

share your experience on the forum lah....

why so afraid to hide???

share share lah....

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

↡ Advertisement