When is the best time to drive up to Malaysia?

Have not driven into Malaysia for many years. Many things have changed.

To drive into Malaysia, what are the essential things/items to prepare?

How and the method to pay toll?

Any coupon or ticket to purchase before crossing the custom? Toll cards?

How to manage when parking along the road? By meter or coupon? E-parking available?

Of course, the 3/4 full tank still applies.

After these, what are the best places to visit other than Melaka? Under 5 hours of driving.

Guys, thank you for your inputs.

To drive into Malaysia, what are the essential things/items to prepare?

- Passport, Singapore Cashcard and Malaysia Touch'n'go card 

How and the method to pay toll?

- All by tapping/Scanning your card on the reader. Malaysia Touch'n'go card can be purchased from the last booth of the most 2 outer lane at JB custom. (At least one will be operating). Price of the card is RM10.60 before topping up any amount.

Any coupon or ticket to purchase before crossing the custom? Toll cards?

- Nil

How to manage when parking along the road? By meter or coupon? E-parking available?

- Paper parking coupons purchase from convienence stores.

Hope these above pieces of information can help you enter into Malaysia smoothly

* On a side note, ensure you have fully fastened your seatbelt before moving off the car after alighting for the JB custom boot checks (if any). Do not try to drive and fasten at the same time. You may get charged for not wearing seatbelt upon exiting the custom 100m ahead. 

Cheers 

↡ Advertisement

Is it still possible to pay by cash ringgit at the toll booth? Is there at least one booth open to accept cash?

can't use cash to pay but there is one toll booth at the end where u can top up ur touch n go card.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

can't use cash to pay but there is one toll booth at the end where u can top up ur touch n go card.

Yes, if not sure, look for the big sign that writes tambah, which means top up.

Then go to that lane

Is it still possible to pay by cash ringgit at the toll booth? Is there at least one booth open to accept cash?

No more cash payment for tolls. Need Touch n Go card, can buy from some Petronas.

Further topping up can be done at tolls that has big sign 'TAMBAH NILAI', usually on extreme leftmost lane.

Used to top up RM100 each time but last Sunday, the toll operator only allowed RM50. It was at the last toll coming back to Tuas checkpoint (after Gelang Patah RR).

Don't know if its the same at other tollbooths.

Edited by TameDriver
  • Praise 2

No more cash payment for tolls. Need Touch n Go card, can buy from some Petronas.

Further topping up can be done at tolls that has big sign 'TAMBAH NILAI', usually on extreme leftmost lane.

Used to top up RM100 each time but last Sunday, the toll operator only allowed RM50. It was at the last toll coming back to Tuas checkpoint (after Gelang Patah RR).

Don't know if its the same at other tollbooths.

How long will touch n go card expire if not using after sometime ah?

TnG Card expiry date is 10 Years from the date issue.

As for inactivity lock out.  Not sure, as I never more than 1 year never use card ....... heeeeee....

TGV RM8 

How long will touch n go card expire if not using after sometime ah?

So after expiring, can change to new or must buy new le?

Dormant/Inactive Card

• What is the definition of DORMANT or INACTIVE TOUCH 'n GO CARD?
    • Under the Terms & Conditions of Touch 'n Go card, an inactive card is defined as a card which has not had any Card Transactions by way of Add Value Transaction or which has not had any utilisation of its pre-paid balances with any Service Providers for a consecutive period of 12 months.
  • How to keep my Touch 'n Go card active?
    • Your card will remain active as long as you reload or use at least once a year.
  • What do I do if my Touch 'n Go card has been deactivated?
    • Please visit our counter to surrender your card and get back your unutilised card balance (subject to the terms & conditions)
  • Why TNGSB needs to deactivate dormant card?
    • There is quite a number of dormant or inactive Touch 'n Go cards in our system. These dormant cards have caused unnecessary load that prevent the system from operating optimally, thus affecting our service level to all active users. By deactivating these non-active cards, we will be able to streamline our system to improve system efficiency and to provide good services to all our customers.
  • Will there be a fee when a card is deactivated?
    • Once a card is deactivated, an DORMANT FEE of RM5.30 will be imposed immediately and deducted from the deposit or unutilised card balance.
    • In the event of a deactivated card continues to remain inactive, RM5.30 will be charged and deducted from the said deposit or unutilised card balance once every six (6) months.
  • Praise 1

if you are heading North via 2nd link, upon reaching Msia immigration, use the right most lane toward their immigration counter. Now they have automated machine to top up the T&G card or even buying a new card.

• Praise 2

Dormant/Inactive Card

• What is the definition of DORMANT or INACTIVE TOUCH 'n GO CARD?
    • Under the Terms & Conditions of Touch 'n Go card, an inactive card is defined as a card which has not had any Card Transactions by way of Add Value Transaction or which has not had any utilisation of its pre-paid balances with any Service Providers for a consecutive period of 12 months.
  • How to keep my Touch 'n Go card active?
    • Your card will remain active as long as you reload or use at least once a year.
  • What do I do if my Touch 'n Go card has been deactivated?
    • Please visit our counter to surrender your card and get back your unutilised card balance (subject to the terms & conditions)
  • Why TNGSB needs to deactivate dormant card?
    • There is quite a number of dormant or inactive Touch 'n Go cards in our system. These dormant cards have caused unnecessary load that prevent the system from operating optimally, thus affecting our service level to all active users. By deactivating these non-active cards, we will be able to streamline our system to improve system efficiency and to provide good services to all our customers.
  • Will there be a fee when a card is deactivated?
    • Once a card is deactivated, an DORMANT FEE of RM5.30 will be imposed immediately and deducted from the deposit or unutilised card balance.
    • In the event of a deactivated card continues to remain inactive, RM5.30 will be charged and deducted from the said deposit or unutilised card balance once every six (6) months.

since will charged a fee, so if my card balance doesnt left much, better to just throw away?

Er ........ the card, if you remember is registered under your name leh.

Maybe just cut it away.

A lot of shopping mall give FREE TnG lor ...... I sign up the Tesco Club Card is a TnG and they even send the rebate voucher to my home here -Singapore lor.

since will charged a fee, so if my card balance doesnt left much, better to just throw away?

Don't all of you hate long immigration ques at Tuas Second Link?

Clogged up traffic along the North-South highway...

When is the best time to unleash your car's horses??

Which day and time?

And when to avoid going up?

Thanks!

Use 'Beat the Jam' app and LTA camera to check for traffic situation before heading up. 

I like to go at 5am when there is only ghosts around which you can drive through

Avoid - Sat/Sun and Fri evening 

Er ........ the card, if you remember is registered under your name leh.

Maybe just cut it away.

A lot of shopping mall give FREE TnG lor ...... I sign up the Tesco Club Card is a TnG and they even send the rebate voucher to my home here -Singapore lor.

other than Tesco, which other mall gives free TnG?

↡ Advertisement