How to quit trading stocks?

i forget to add..ok i v lor sor..lol

u muz see how CKs distribute their shares..like eg

today trade summary has 100x traded at 495,500..u knew they giving out this figures

if not buying at this figures..

so roughly u can judge this counter how far can drop or move up...so u know when to exit the counter..

↡ Advertisement

I lagi si, my action today costs me 6 iPads.

Think really need to relax and think what should I do next.

(I have lost 100 iPads in 17 years in the market).

Wah after 17 yrs and $100k + of loss still going strong ... your pocket deep deep man...

Wah after 17 yrs and $100k + of loss still going strong ... your pocket deep deep man...

No lah ... go back to earn and throw into market thinking to retrieve these losses lor, but keep losing.

Sian.

No lah ... go back to earn and throw into market thinking to retrieve these losses lor, but keep losing.

Sian.

Actually if I sold all my positions in Late 2007, I would also can buy 100 iPads today.

Luckily in all my stock trading years since 1990, I made good money. If only I was prudent enuf, now already retired..

Actually if I sold all my positions in Late 2007, I would also can buy 100 iPads today.

Luckily in all my stock trading years since 1990, I made good money. If only I was prudent enuf, now already retired..

Wah, must learn from you lei.

Can teach me?

Wah, must learn from you lei.

Can teach me?

Hey Sir, just a suggestion. Why don't you clear like 1 month of leave, do nothing but sit in front of online account everyday and just trade full time? I did that once, learned a lot about the market as well as myself. Became much better after that.

One of the keys to success which hasn't been mentioned is perserverance.

If one walks away after a few bad trades/investments and condemns trading or investing in stocks as a form of gambling, he or she will never make money from it. At my worst point i was down by S$150K in realized losses. I never gave up, and i just kept trying and trying, read more, learnt more, met more people, heard more opinions, traded more and eventually i formed my own system and rules and more than recovered my losses in terms of realized profits (not mentioning paper gains even). Still, to date, i am refining the system and rules.

I like to think of it as an art. There are some rules, some math, some science, some human emotion, some mass market psychology, some luck and when you blend it all together, really an art.

Hey Sir, just a suggestion. Why don't you clear like 1 month of leave, do nothing but sit in front of online account everyday and just trade full time? I did that once, learned a lot about the market as well as myself. Became much better after that.

One of the keys to success which hasn't been mentioned is perserverance.

If one walks away after a few bad trades/investments and condemns trading or investing in stocks as a form of gambling, he or she will never make money from it. At my worst point i was down by S$150K in realized losses. I never gave up, and i just kept trying and trying, read more, learnt more, met more people, heard more opinions, traded more and eventually i formed my own system and rules and more than recovered my losses in terms of realized profits (not mentioning paper gains even). Still, to date, i am refining the system and rules.

I like to think of it as an art. There are some rules, some math, some science, some human emotion, some mass market psychology, some luck and when you blend it all together, really an art.

Maddog70,

Zangetsu77 is correct. Your 1st post you tell everyone you lost money and wanna quit.

Just Aug2 you posted - u lost 6 iPads of money.

Sometimes I dono whether you are making up stories or for real.

If you read all your MCF bros comments, advice, its all there for your picking.

It seems you don't even rub off any good from anyone here and continue your "Gambling Ways".

Here are the rules again in Simple Point form :

1. Stop playing shares - Be an Investor

2. Stop Contra - you win 1 time but you will lose 10 times.

3. Read, Analyse, Read, Analyse, Read, Analyse

4. Have an EXIT plan - Its easy to go in to buy - The art of making money is when to get out. It also applies to how you cut loss...

5. Don't be emotionally attached to your shares - Its her money u are after not the woman -

6. Buy into the long term - 3 ~ 6 mths or even 10 yrs (Woon Woon Chaik Bee Hoon stock for good dividends)

7. Buy with only the Money you have.

8. AI WAN - your dictionary don't have such words...

9. Be Patient - What goes up must come down

10. Don't follow the market - you may be holding the tail end of the bull.

I'm NO Stock Guru. Just the Average Joe making some money for Kopi and Petrol.

Edited by Tigerwoods

(edited)

Maddog70,

Zangetsu77 is correct. Your 1st post you tell everyone you lost money and wanna quit.

Just Aug2 you posted - u lost 6 iPads of money.

Sometimes I dono whether you are making up stories or for real.

If you read all your MCF bros comments, advice, its all there for your picking.

It seems you don't even rub off any good from anyone here and continue your "Gambling Ways".

Here are the rules again in Simple Point form :

1. Stop playing shares - Be an Investor

2. Stop Contra - you win 1 time but you will lose 10 times.

3. Read, Analyse, Read, Analyse, Read, Analyse

4. Have an EXIT plan - Its easy to go in to buy - The art of making money is when to get out. It also applies to how you cut loss...

5. Don't be emotionally attached to your shares - Its her money u are after not the woman -

6. Buy into the long term - 3 ~ 6 mths or even 10 yrs (Woon Woon Chaik Bee Hoon stock for good dividends)

7. Buy with only the Money you have.

8. AI WAN - your dictionary don't have such words...

9. Be Patient - What goes up must come down

10. Don't follow the market - you may be holding the tail end of the bull.

I'm NO Stock Guru. Just the Average Joe making some money for Kopi and Petrol.

I really want to quit but then it's hard to quit because I'm still holding some of the Put Warrants (fully paid) that are losing money the more HK index runs (HK keeps clearing all resistances, not sure when it will stop). I do not contra now because I know contra kills.

I'm waiting for the market to fall to claim back more losses, but everyday the value is reducing.

And also, I wanted to earn back the 110k to-date losses thrown in for the past 17 years.

I'm in dilemma, here I say I want to quit, there are people here who tell me not to quit but to learn the correct way to trade.

After reading so many posts from this forum, I realize I cannot quit, but have to learn to discipline what to trade and not anyhow trade.

I should avoid warrants which has expiry date and not lose all money in these counters.

Thanks for all the valuable advice from all the forumers here, I will be back to tell my story if I succeed or not.

Cheers!

Edited by MadDog70

Bro u in market so long should be exposed n know the pattern of playing but y u never see the trick of it?

Wats ur mistake in it? Cure from there

hsi warrant is v volatile even my uncle traded v long also warn me on it as he also burnt in indexes warrant before

so dun buy it lor

(edited)

Bro u in market so long should be exposed n know the pattern of playing but y u never see the trick of it?

Wats ur mistake in it? Cure from there

hsi warrant is v volatile even my uncle traded v long also warn me on it as he also burnt in indexes warrant before

so dun buy it lor

Yah lor, backside itchy, earn a bit think can make it, think market will crash so buy more, buy wrong time, who knows kena caught again.

U are right, dun buy warrants!

Though I'm in the market very long, I'm just like those uncles and aunties who buy shares blindly, with a little TA knowledge.

Think really need to brush up my skills in TA and select good div stocks to make my money earn and not lose it.

Edited by MadDog70

Yah lor, backside itchy, earn a bit think can make it, think market will crash so buy more, buy wrong time, who knows kena caught again.

U are right, dun buy warrants!

try those warrants with mother share lor.... not as bad as index warrant...

Charts dun lie as its "deal" with statistics to determine a set if probabilities which pple follow it

pple can trick by 1 lotter but not volume n trade summary

i feel its 1 of the best outcome predictor ever invented

do more back to back studies more with passion n in time u find it v v useful

try those warrants with mother share lor.... not as bad as index warrant...

It's the same.

A few years back, I bought SPH warrants, lose until lose pants.

Charts dun lie as its "deal" with statistics to determine a set if probabilities which pple follow it

pple can trick by 1 lotter but not volume n trade summary

i feel its 1 of the best outcome predictor ever invented

do more back to back studies more with passion n in time u find it v v useful

Yup, I will take learn more on TA, do paper trading for the rest of the year to see how far I can make it.

Still need some time to accumulate wealth to battle the market again.

Which are the indicators that are worth using?

I usually use simple MA and Stochastic.

Turbocharged

I have been investing (not trading) in stocks since 10 years ago. I got to earn the first time I trade, thinking I'm good I put in more capital, but it turns out that losses are bigger than the profit. Subsequently I got burned losing all my savings when trading the warrants. This puts an end to this, promising myself I should quit trading. A few months back, I'm back again, I traded a lot and lost most of the time. I was an addict to trading. Like an alcoholic, I was not able to control myself. I wanted to get rich quickly, but I kept losing most of the time. This was frustrating. Many times I decided to quit the game but I could not quit either. I was no better than an alcoholic. Can anyone help me?

Man, I can't believe the kind of BS some forumers here are telling you. I am a professional trader, so let me give you few cents of advice.

First of all, you have the passion. So why do you want to quit? Many good traders are like you...they fail and fail and fail before they succeed.

The problem with you,I think, is that you are trading all over the shop. Trading is a business, and like a business, you need focus and a plan that suits you. Not a plan that suits others, but you and only you.

Ask yourself what kind of trader do you want to be? Do you want to be a trend trader, position trader, swing trader or a day trader (scalping)? Choose the right one first.

Once you chose the kind of trading that suits you, find the price and indicator setup that suits your style. And stick to it like a bee to honey.

Then comes the money management part. Do you have a money management and position sizing plan? If not, then you better think of one. A good money management plan will save you from a wipe out. You can lose 6-7 times out of 10 and still be alright if you keep your losses small with a proper money management plan that determine your stop losses.

Then have the discipline to wait for the right setup and practice good money management skills. Never ever bypass your plans or setup. Wait for the kill like a hawk waiting for the fish to surface.

That's all about to it. Don't quit. You already have the passion, now just go and find the right order. Don't trade all over the place. And please don't PM me for stock tips because my rule for any traders is don't trade because of tips. Trade only because your chart and setup says so.

Good luck.

I have been investing (not trading) in stocks since 10 years ago. I got to earn the first time I trade, thinking I'm good I put in more capital, but it turns out that losses are bigger than the profit. Subsequently I got burned losing all my savings when trading the warrants. This puts an end to this, promising myself I should quit trading. A few months back, I'm back again, I traded a lot and lost most of the time. I was an addict to trading. Like an alcoholic, I was not able to control myself. I wanted to get rich quickly, but I kept losing most of the time. This was frustrating. Many times I decided to quit the game but I could not quit either. I was no better than an alcoholic. Can anyone help me?

Bro, you must watch this

胡立阳老师

Edited by Jp66

I did everything and went back to trading and lost another 50k.

Looking back my history, I have been trading for 10 years and lost 200k, that is 20k per year, I can do so much with this money.

I've made up my mind to this investment tool that I'm weak in, I will remove all possibilities to trade again.

Cheers!

Edited by MadDog70
↡ Advertisement