Decide to Try out Motul 300V 15W50 Oil!

Mini-itx

Which you use feels improvement??

Nothing much seriously. The OWS oil makes my engine rather noisy thus I drain it out just after around 500KM. No power improvement at all.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I used MOTUL300V, feeling good, the oil temperature maintained around at 105 degrees.

But my friend said 15W50 is suitable for engine which more than 250 horsepower.

Is it true?

Edited by CAMERON-HIGHLAND

Now guys, which rule book says oil that reads a higher temperature is worst than an oil that reads lower on the oil temp gauge?

When you are pushing high revs on the track, which oil will you feel safer to use in your engine, assuming Brand X reads 100degrees no matter what you do and Brand Y reads 125degrees celcuis on the gauge when pushing hard but cools down to 110 during the cooling down lap?

I serviced with a 5W30 oil used on track that sees 130degrees for 2 full hot lap and averages around 125 degrees on Sepang without oil cooler and total done 30 hot laps excluding warming up and cooling laps. Came back to SGP, used for another 500km then drain out for UOA. The readings sees wear values like this. Could be lower if I installed an oil baffle pan for turn 2 and 9 which I name it the K20 bearing killer turns.

ALUMINUM 1

CHROMIUM 0

IRON 6

COPPER 2

LEAD 0

TIN 2

I advice users to monitor the temperature fluctuation together with the oil pressure readings and dont jump to conclusion immediately.

Edited by Kazemotorsports

I've heard a lot of good stories about 300V or otherwise known as Chrono locally but typical its for people thats got too much money in their pocket. I'm using Royal Purple currently and no issue at all (10W40). Otherwise I might be getting Motul 8100 or I think they're call Turbolight.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Anyone heard of Martini racing motor oil? Have visited Bosch Road show and the recent Mettlegames....seems to be quite active recently...anyone has used it and any comments? The sales person says the performance is comparable to Motul/HKS but at a cheaper price..it is ester based...They also have so called super products which they claim is for performance cars...BMS motorsport/LTM motors seems to be carrying the motor oils based on the brochures and advertisements in hotstuffs...

JJ

Motul is good stuff man. Stick to it!

I decide to try out the oil since there is so much ho ha about it.

Bought 2 cans from MX trading. Drain out my 1500KM old Amsoil 20W50 and pour it in. Wow!! Smooth man!! Awesome!!

1 week later....... Duh, no difference leh. The feeling is just what I get from brand new oil earlier on.

Try revving to 5-6K RPM....... Can't tell any difference compared to Amsoil as well. FC slightly better than Amsoil. Just slightly better.

So, I will just stick back with Amsoil during my next oil change. Maybe it will work if I track often or rev till redline all the time. But for normal driving I don't see the point.

My $$$ just went down the drain..... :(

↡ Advertisement