Which insurance is the cheapest and is more detail?

Lamemonster

Ah, thanks. Worried about claims turnaround etc, but at approximately 200 cheaper than my current insurer the deal is pretty good. They also offer on site accident support where needed, like income. Stuff like windscreen excess waiver if you have a camera is also in.

Not bad .... Do they have online quote ? 

↡ Advertisement

No unfortunately. I got their quote from one of the brokers featured here. Can get the POC to get in touch with you if you so prefer.

I read the policy document and it seems like it's fine. Gonna ask a few more questions to the broker and if satisfactory I'll go ahead with it.

Purchased the insurance from EQ insurance in the end, at $832. My NCD's 40% so if yours is more you could probably get it cheaper. Broker said they applied a discount also, so not sure how much that was.

I wanted to buy a NCD protector for c.10% of the cost, but was advised against it by the broker, citing:- 

NCD only works if you're keeping to the same company.

If you have a claims event, your NCD might be protected but the base premium will definitely go up - no difference in the end.

The gist of the argument is might as well keep looking around every year for the best deal, which was a fair statement, I think.

Actually, I have a question for discussion: recently cancelled my car insurance on my old car and was advised that they would refund me only 80% of whatever is unused. That seems rather unfair as I have no past claims (50% NCD) and if we were required to purchase a full year insurance despite only needing 6 months - doesn't that seem a bit too much?

Can someone verify this?

If your car is going to be scrap in 6 months, you can purchase insurance just for the 6 months, don't need to purchase a year. In actual fact, if you have purchase a used car, most of the time if the insurance was purchased through the dealers, the insurance will not be inline with the road tax expire date, But on the 2nd year of owning that car, you can actually purchase insurance to make it inline with the road tax expire date and that will make your life simpler.

2 years ago, my new car insurance was abit srew up that the expire date is not inline with the road tax expire date which I managed to get the agent to update the insurance company with the Vehicle Log card and get the insurance certificate to be updated with the date inline with the road tax expire date without paying any additional cost.

• Praise 1

If your car is going to be scrap in 6 months, you can purchase insurance just for the 6 months, don't need to purchase a year. In actual fact, if you have purchase a used car, most of the time if the insurance was purchased through the dealers, the insurance will not be inline with the road tax expire date, But on the 2nd year of owning that car, you can actually purchase insurance to make it inline with the road tax expire date and that will make your life simpler.

2 years ago, my new car insurance was abit srew up that the expire date is not inline with the road tax expire date which I managed to get the agent to update the insurance company with the Vehicle Log card and get the insurance certificate to be updated with the date inline with the road tax expire date without paying any additional cost.

Cool. Thanks for the share bro. Appreciate it very much.

Without any additional cost? Was the date of the road tax expiry earlier than that of the original term of insurance you paid for? If it's the other way, it sounds like the broker/insurer absorbed the difference, which is nice.

Without any additional cost? Was the date of the road tax expiry earlier than that of the original term of insurance you paid for? If it's the other way, it sounds like the broker/insurer absorbed the difference, which is nice.

The starting date stated on the original certificate was few days earlier than the new car registration date. Thus the insurance company adjust the starting date and expire date to match the registration date stated on the Vehicle Log Card as the car cannot be on the road without being register. That's one of the minor issue if you purchase from the PI.

Edited by Leo72

Does anyone has any idea on how to check on how much is the previous accident claim amount? I have move on to another insurance while my previous accident claim has not been settle.

Now after another year over, i am hoping to look for another insurance. However, as we know , insurance would want us to provide the previous claim amount. I have no idea on how much it should be. Ty

My insurance is Income, I actually called their customer service hotline.  They provided info such as Counter party claim amount and also what Income intend to pay too.

I called as my insurance is due and the case has been pending for almost 1 year and to also inform them if they have may an error as the NCD is still 50% and the premium even cheaper than previous year.

It turn out that they are fighting the case in courts and they released me from all liability lor.

Does anyone has any idea on how to check on how much is the previous accident claim amount? I have move on to another insurance while my previous accident claim has not been settle.

Now after another year over, i am hoping to look for another insurance. However, as we know , insurance would want us to provide the previous claim amount. I have no idea on how much it should be. Ty

• Praise 1

When i recently changed insurer i just called up the previous insurer to find out more about the details.

The last time i change to my current one , the accident claim has yet to be settle. Now I intend to move on to a new one again.

Not sure will they entertain me or will have my record as i have already left them for quite sometime

I use AXA and Liberty Insurance.

AXA pricings are fairly inconsistent depending on which brokers/car dealers you are dealing with, even calling in to the co, the pricings are inconsistent, which is mad IMHO.

Liberty is not well known but the services are top notch, one of the best encounters I ever had with insurance co, extremely efficient.

So much radio advert by FWD Insurance lately.  Are they as good as claimed?

Do they insure high end performance cars like they claim, with the least penalization from past accidents, perpetual NCB protection, blah blah blah

Hi peep,

Any insurance coy offers short term cover besides Direct Asia? Google shows NTUC has $70 per month...called them but they need to check then revert...so thought I put out the question here first.

Thanks in advance.

Hi peep,

Any insurance coy offers short term cover besides Direct Asia? Google shows NTUC has $70 per month...called them but they need to check then revert...so thought I put out the question here first.

Thanks in advance.

your current insurer should be able to provide you the extension.

if not, for new business, other insurers generally dont do short period coverage, but depends on the reason. outright, as you mentioned, most likely budget insurers and NTUC will allow.

other than tally your road tax or expiry of COE, other reasons to consider for short term coverage is your NCD. If you do not yet have 50%, to gain the next 10%, you need one year coverage.

Hope this helps. PM if you need more

Time to reknew car insurance.

With AIGfrom KIA.

They have a low mileage discount.

NTUC have a low mileage discount also but if I read things correctly you have to have some sort of gadget installed in your car to check low mileage.  Anyone had this gadget installed???  If so any comment?

Nobody can check, only the person insured can call in to the insurer to check on the status of the claim amount!

↡ Advertisement