Younger men now going for foreign brides

Cootie-Monster

Some s'pore guys are also jialat. Some have so-so manners, crack lousy jokes and think it is very good, most don't hold the doors, pull out the chair, etc... I feel s'pore should not be paiseh, or think that doing the old-fashion gentlemanly things are passee.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Many years ago, there used to be some stigma associated with local guys marrying foreign brides.

But now society has developed, and the trend has become more and more common.

Anyway, as long as the wife is pretty, who cares. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Writer have not check on the increasing no of Singaporean undergraduates dating Asean girls who came for university education..

All thanks to Asean scholarship offered by Singapore government.

You can get a certify virgin for foreign bride wor. :D

Over at SBF there are already topic on having the cetification process done in sillypore rather than the bride home country. Apparently those local certification can be forge. [confused]

The extreme circumstances was rebuilt that " V part" by some sort of surgical procedure. [confused]

Turbocharged
(edited)

Writer have not check on the increasing no of Singaporean undergraduates dating Asean girls who came for university education..

All thanks to Asean scholarship offered by Singapore government.

No, not just Asean.

Our two schools at Clementi and Jalan Bahar can be mistaken as Peking University, given the current student population ratio.

Edited by Albeniz

Why does foreign girl want to marry singaporean ?

The main reason is for her and family to sought a path away from proverty. In layman term not only you are marrying her...you are also marrying into her family's problem. Due to their hard life since young they tend to fall for richer foreigners (singaporean or some other developed country). You cannot blame them for placing wealth as top priority, as that was the main reason why they want to marry out.

Its a widely accepted fact that vietnamese, thai or prc ladies place their family above their husbands. Money is surely the biggest problem. So be expected beside the normal monthly `pocket money' for the parents, there will be extra demand. This month will be the mother is sick and need money for medication, next month will be grandma is sick and the month after next, the brother will want a new motorbike/car, school fees, house destroyed by flood etc etc etc. The list is never ending. Foreign gals are sweet and caring [thumbsup] but think of their other demands before you decide to walk down that path.

Turbocharged

just an assumption since Tt_hh mentioned "mirror".

I don't think SG women expectation is high.

They can be pretty, with good character, high earners, etc and so they expect their partners to be even better.

But to me, I feel that SG women criteria are not high.

Just feel that some SG guys are jialat.

Of course, we need to exclude those pure materialistic and with no substance ladies. =p

just my POV.~

It's not the expectation. It is the character.

SG girls are pampered from young, never take hardship before, mostly are spoiled princess since young. When they go into r/s, they expect only things would go their way and if it doesn't, normally all hell would break lose.

But a r/s is about give and take. sometimes you get things done your way, sometimes it doesn't. Sg gals cannot accept when things doesn't go their way. And then it shows through their behaviour.

And that's the problem IMO.

Hypersonic

Eh, these vietnamese beauties can speak what language ?

English i dun think so right

They can speak basic english and chinese. Some of them are quite good too.

I met one who can even speak cantonese.

just an assumption since Tt_hh mentioned "mirror".

I don't think SG women expectation is high.

They can be pretty, with good character, high earners, etc and so they expect their partners to be even better.

But to me, I feel that SG women criteria are not high.

Just feel that some SG guys are jialat.

Of course, we need to exclude those pure materialistic and with no substance ladies. =p

just my POV.~

Maybe u lucky or I'm unlucky lor... Kekeke... One man's meat another man's poison....

Going for foreign bride is increasing choices..

SG girls, quite a nbr r materialistic....even those cmi 1....

If everyone holds high expectation....then die liao...sg not enuff babies le..

If there r still a nbr of sg girls thinking of high expectation...then forget it ba...

coz normally those well to do guys already got pple q-ing up.....

But what to do,,with sg lifestyle...people tend to be picky....

It's not the expectation. It is the character.

SG girls are pampered from young, never take hardship before, mostly are spoiled princess since young. When they go into r/s, they expect only things would go their way and if it doesn't, normally all hell would break lose.

But a r/s is about give and take. sometimes you get things done your way, sometimes it doesn't. Sg gals cannot accept when things doesn't go their way. And then it shows through their behaviour.

And that's the problem IMO.

perhaps you are right.

However, isn't it the man's job to pamper the lady? :-p

sg guys aren't much romantic, I'm one of those.. :-)

Why does foreign girl want to marry singaporean ?

The main reason is for her and family to sought a path away from proverty. In layman term not only you are marrying her...you are also marrying into her family's problem. Due to their hard life since young they tend to fall for richer foreigners (singaporean or some other developed country). You cannot blame them for placing wealth as top priority, as that was the main reason why they want to marry out.

Its a widely accepted fact that vietnamese, thai or prc ladies place their family above their husbands. Money is surely the biggest problem. So be expected beside the normal monthly `pocket money' for the parents, there will be extra demand. This month will be the mother is sick and need money for medication, next month will be grandma is sick and the month after next, the brother will want a new motorbike/car, school fees, house destroyed by flood etc etc etc. The list is never ending. Foreign gals are sweet and caring [thumbsup] but think of their other demands before you decide to walk down that path.

take like not only are you looking for love and a suitable wife, you are also doing charity by improving the lives of some pple in 3rd world countries lor. rather than spend all your $$$ on branded handbags and facials? [laugh]

Anyway, as long as the wife is pretty, who cares. [laugh]

You want to piak piak a SYT for next 10 years, or serve a princess for 30 years ?

Turbocharged

No, not just Asean.

Our two schools at Clementi and Jalan Bahar can be mistaken as Peking University, given the current student population ratio.

Fully agree,,, I always have lunch there and always felt like I'm in china while queuing...