Hyundai Genesis Coupe why not in SINGAPORE?!

Acrophobia

Neutral Newbie

Looks and perform way better than the Kia Koupe. Just called KOMOCA, they said won't bring in this car [bigcry]

HAIS.. PI also wont bring in i bet.. if can i dont mind go finding....

is it allowed? plus servicing etc..?

yes of course it is allowed. you can even bring it in yourself if you can be bothered with the paperwork. if you can't just pay some of the smaller PIs to do it, i'm sure they will.

servicing-wise...lots of performance car workshops in singapore, bro. not a problem.

$130k buy what Merc/ BMW???

we're talking coupes here, not normal saloons....

Don't you know $130k + some top up can buy you a second hand CLK 280 (3.0L V6) or a second hand BMW 325 (2.5L L6) coupe.

also, what is the big deal you're making about coupes and saloons? do you think coupes deserve to cost a lot more? only in the minds of suakoo singkies. that's why SG dealers tend to price coupes at an outrageous premium over their saloon counterparts.

go check out the prices of coupes vs saloons in other countries. the diff is not that much.

You rather buy a hyundai for 130k or a Evo V at 150k? Evo has street creds, can mod till 500bhp maybe can beat even a Lambo with less than skilled driver?

Power isn't everything lah bro. Coupe vs Sedan, different stroke for different folk lah. Thats coming from an evo driver.

Anyway, I still prefer bumbebee aka Camaro, but really angry with those Americans just continue to ignore the RHD markets. :angry:

Edited by Kiadaw

Power isn't everything lah bro. Coupe vs Sedan, different stroke for different folk lah. Thats coming from an evo driver.

Anyway, I still prefer bumbebee aka Camaro, but really angry with those Americans just continue to ignore the RHD markets. :angry:

They make enough profit in their home market as it is. So they won't want to bother engineering RHD for what is seen as the minority of the world.

I mean, the only major RHD car markets in the world are UK, Australia, Japan and probably us. Combined I think is less than 25% of the world. They won't think it's worth it.

Neutral Newbie

hyundai genesis coupe is selling very well in the USA. Lots of interest in this car due to it's good looks, RWD and most important of all, friendly price. According to some it's been built on a good platform with a decent engine allowing many aftermarket parts to mod this ride till in excess of 300++ HP. While this is still nothing compared to a evo, it's marketed way cheaper than an evo, thus making it a gd car to mod on.

Neutral Newbie

Yup, but even if they do manufacture a RHD version, with komoco pricing, i doubt it'll be cheap.

as i said,

Genesis is more tuned towards muscle car....

not sports car....

it doesn't rival the 3-Series coupe or CLK....

it's more of a Mustang, Chevy Camaro rival....

get it???

hey asswipe.

your original question was <quote>"$130k buy what Merc/ BMW???"<unquote>

nowhere did you mention that the $130k car in question MUST be a muscle car.

fcukwit.