Fandi

Perrier

they can choose SA or Sg

if Sg they need to do NS which hinder the path..

if not..SA okay de ma

Fandi no nid to change citizenship at all

anyway once in a lifetime leh..EPL clubs u know?no sleague clubs..i will support all way if its my kids [laugh]

Edited by Freestylers09
↡ Advertisement

fandi. pls go for the sake of your children. their potential will be fully realized outside of singapore. NS and lack of support of local talent here will stifle their potential.

i am bias, i agree

but NS exemption,

should be granted for the most talented individuals.

(case by case basis of cos)

these 2 certainly falls into the catagory nicely.

Turbocharged

Think the days of selfless behavior is indeed over....pretty sad.....one should take care of his ar$e first before anything else......

It has come to a point that 'only the fittest survives' thus, make hay while the sun shines

Selfless is one thing, giving up your entire career is another thing entirely.

ASSUMING the boys really do have a chance, and they are away from soccer for 2 1/2 years at the most critical time, what sort of career can they have? This is not like university where time does not really matter...

Haaiz, people so ignorant, sad really

when you are brought up to think this way (every man for himself, meritocracy), you will act and behave this way. (what i have belongs to me, i earned it)

How to expect some kind of self-less sacrifice?

I don't see anything wrong with that. you sow that kind of seed, get that kind of fruit. fair and square.

Turbocharged

i am bias, i agree

but NS exemption,

should be granted for the most talented individuals.

(case by case basis of cos)

these 2 certainly falls into the catagory nicely.

I agree with the sentiment, but am scared of the implementation.

What sort of thing qualifies? And to what level?

Does (for example) a scholarship to the Julliard School of Performing Arts qualify for an NS exemption? How about a culinary institute? And then what qualifies as a genuine opportunity and what is dreaming?

Not that can't be done, but I do see a lot of problems - and possibly could end up being a back door for the rich to get their kids out of NS...

However, if a ministry has the balls to stand up and make the decision is fine.

If I am not wrong, in the NZ army (full volunteer) if you are a "national sportsman" you are granted leave to attend competition and train.

It's time to review the current Enlistment Act..We could follow Taiwan like there's overseas Chinese whereby they still retain citizenship but don't have voting rights and some rights (or benefits) as compared to the one that serve full time NS.

In Taiwan it's works bcos I assume that the benefits to be a citizen is better and thus ppl still willing to serve.

Over in Sg....I guess 50% will be overseas Singaporean as what's the diff between PR and citizen and also when voting...that GRC thingy is crap...

So...ya...for Fandi...hard decision to make...

i think that'll work for taiwan. politics is their national hobby

gahmen should not grant ns exemption to the kids because dat is a very fine line to draw

but they can quietly let fandi and his kids migrate out and skip ns, aka run road. 2 years of ns will be a death knell for the kids career in football. if big clubs like arsenal etc are calling, then they are obviously talented and thus, should pursue their calling. one day, if gahmen is man enough to stand up for it, im sure they will be spoken of with great pride by our untalented leaders.

gahmen should not grant ns exemption to the kids because dat is a very fine line to draw

but they can quietly let fandi and his kids migrate out and skip ns, aka run road. 2 years of ns will be a death knell for the kids career in football. if big clubs like arsenal etc are calling, then they are obviously talented and thus, should pursue their calling. one day, if gahmen is man enough to stand up for it, im sure they will be spoken of with great pride by our untalented leaders.

another is allow deferment. maybe for 5 years and see if they can make it or not. if not, come back singaopre do NS with SAFFC. if can make it, defer somemore till end of careerer, then do NS.

National Service dont neccessary must be police, Civil defense or Army when that happen. maybe be coach for SAFFC for 2 years. however, if they win any medal or achievement (maybe make it to WC) for singapore while on deferment, can also consider to excuse them from NS as a rewards.

I wish Fandi's sons well...hope they use their talent to the fullest. Such opportunity don't come by often so they should grab it. Fandi himself should know best...he has gone thru that and live in regrets. I'm sure he will do what is best for his son.....after all, should his sons decide to serve the NS and cos of that, their footballing career in europe couldn't take off....our gov will also not help them.

Iam most supportive for him to support his sons in their professional footballling career in europe all the way...but I wonder why does this means they might not be able to represent Singapore in international matches? like all other foreign footballers in bpl, they can always go back for national call ups when they are matches to be played..is it not??

I wish Fandi's sons well...hope they use their talent to the fullest. Such opportunity don't come by often so they should grab it. Fandi himself should know best...he has gone thru that and live in regrets. I'm sure he will do what is best for his son.....after all, should his sons decide to serve the NS and cos of that, their footballing career in europe couldn't take off....our gov will also not help them.

another alternative. change nationality so dont need to do NS. come back to represent singapore as FT [:p]

Iam most supportive for him to support his sons in their professional footballling career in europe all the way...but I wonder why does this means they might not be able to represent Singapore in international matches? like all other foreign footballers in bpl, they can always go back for national call ups when they are matches to be played..is it not??

NS issue. if they want to suceed. they have to omit NS. meaning that they will have to give up citizenship.

↡ Advertisement