National Day Petrol discount updates!

Junky73

like I said, more business = more profits ?

eg, if they sell cheaper by 5c but sell 10000L @$1.95 , they will get $19500.

other coys hold at $2 but only sell 5000L, they will get $10000.

one tank 60L = $3 saving for the consumer,

one might say why go out all the way ? but if one stays near Bedok stadium, the Esso and SPC is just side by side.

why not sell more at cheaper prices ?? keeping the petrol in the refinery tank is not going get anyone any incentives - that's for sure.

well, you heard the saying ... he who laughs last, laughs best.

but then again, all this is just my part of wishful thinking ...

Not sure if you understood my point...

If SPC sells more means the others sell less. They will just sit by and do nothing? If their response is to start to compete with SPC then who wins?

Take reference from the so called bukit timah petrol station wars in 2004 (I think?). Did any of the participants sell more than they otherwise would? Did it make up for loss in revenue from lower pump prices?

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Ya hor. If spc decided to drop prices and the other 3 no business, garment may slap them with anti-competition law. ð

boss ... think you better read up more on the rules governing anti competitive behaviour

Twincharged

If SPC sells more means the others sell less. They will just sit by and do nothing? If their response is to start to compete with SPC then who wins?

Take reference from the so called bukit timah petrol station wars in 2004 (I think?). Did any of the participants sell more than they otherwise would? Did it make up for loss in revenue from lower pump prices?

you got me there .... i got my class 3 in 2003 only ... that time always pump V-power ...at $1.60/L.

didn't know that one day petrol would go up so high ...

unable to comment.

Hypersonic

spc starts a price war... all others will sit back and laugh lah

but if shell or esso starts a price war then ...

spc starts a price war... all others will sit back and laugh lah

but if shell or esso starts a price war then ...

ð¤­ð¬

I cannot understand.

Means Singaporeans not price conscious?

Waiting for esso discount. Think they will give additional 5% discount.

So far still no news on national day discount ah?!

boss ... think you better read up more on the rules governing anti competitive behaviour

ð¬ð

Bro, my comment was meant to a joke la. The opposite la.
  • Praise 1

So between SPC + Everyday card and Caltex + Safra card, which is cheaper?

SPC + AMEX cashback card + Hometeam NS coupon should give quite a lot of discount for non PHV drivers.

Supercharged

Take public transport how to carry all the diapers and tins of milk?

these days i buy diapers and milk powder online with delivery to house.. cheaper and more convenient.. 

• Praise 1

I think it was before 2004 leh, the price war.

In fact, it was not restricted only to Bukit Timah. Upp Thomson was also quite fierce. The petrol stations had these huge number boards on standby, to use to show the discounts given. Can change the boards a few times a day, as the stations tried to match and beat the others nearby...

traffic was chaotic as a result.

these days i buy diapers and milk powder online with delivery to house.. cheaper and more convenient.. 

Diapers could maybe be slightly more ex in SG if you buy online.

Milk Powder? You should check out the prices in MY.

I think it was before 2004 leh, the price war.

In fact, it was not restricted only to Bukit Timah. Upp Thomson was also quite fierce. The petrol stations had these huge number boards on standby, to use to show the discounts given. Can change the boards a few times a day, as the stations tried to match and beat the others nearby...

traffic was chaotic as a result.

I see. I wasn't driving then so don't really remember the exact locations and details.

What was the end result? any winners?

↡ Advertisement