• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
42 replies to this topic | 75 praises

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:58 PM

Albeniz
  • Albeniz
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I have this colleague who is quite a nice guy. However, he has this habit of digging his nose whenever the opportunity arises. He is not conscious about it and could dig it right in front of people throughout a group conversation.

It affected me as we share the common door knob to exit the workplace. Sometimes, he even touched my mouse to access some data on the computer screen.

I am sure our folks here might have encountered people around us with similar habit. How to hint to him without hurting/offending him? He is quite a nice guy though.

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:08 PM

TortoiseRacer
  • TortoiseRacer
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I have this colleague who is quite a nice guy. However, he has this habit of digging his nose whenever the opportunity arises. He is not conscious about it and could dig it right in front of people throughout a group conversation.

It affected me as we share the common door knob to exit the workplace. Sometimes, he even touched my mouse to access some data on the computer screen.

I am sure our folks here might have encountered people around us with similar habit. How to hint to him without hurting/offending him? He is quite a nice guy though.

Wah.. this kinda thing very embarassing to say out or hint one. How well do you know him?

I also encountered similar situations before.

Have a female colleague whose underarms are.. well.. ungroomed.. Not very nice everytime she raise her hands especially when wearing sleeveless.. We only managed to pluck the courage to highlight this to her when we got to know her better. There was another female colleague with STRONG body odour.. that one.. not so close to her.. so we just have to hold our breath everytime she comes near.. knife.gif

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:11 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

When he starts digging, you also dig yours. Or when he starts digging, hand him a packet of tissue. laugh.gif

So many ways to do it.
I want to be a nice person but....there are just too many people around who are not smart.

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:15 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wah.. this kinda thing very embarassing to say out or hint one. How well do you know him?

Have a female colleague whose underarms are.. well.. ungroomed.. Not very nice everytime she raise her hands especially when wearing sleeveless.. We only managed to pluck the courage to highlight this to her when we got to know her better. There was another female colleague with STRONG body odour.. that one.. not so close to her.. so we just have to hold our breath everytime she comes near.. knife.gif

This one I know has to do with clothing she's wearing. She must be wearing sleeve-less dress or blouse. Cos skin rub against skin in the underarms you are more prone to sweat. That will explain the smell. You can tell her things like she looks better with dresses or blouse with sleeves. Same for the one with un-groomed underarms. Oh, you had told her liao. Too bad.
I want to be a nice person but....there are just too many people around who are not smart.

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:41 PM

Puteh83
  • Premium member
    Puteh83
    4th Gear
    Author Image

i got another qn... how to tell ur frds they've got bad breath?

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:43 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Buy a few N-95 masks...and keep it handy laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:51 PM

Puteh83
  • Premium member
    Puteh83
    4th Gear
    Author Image

cannot lah... but sometimes really buay tahan...

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:53 PM

WTF
  • Premium member
    WTF
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Have some sweets with you and pass him/her one whenever he/she comes to talk to you.....soon he/she should get the hint..... tongue.gif
命里有时终需有,命里无时莫强求

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:53 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

keep some mints handy and share it around
RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:14 PM

Puteh83
  • Premium member
    Puteh83
    4th Gear
    Author Image

i've tried mints..but they dun wan tt eat... say they dun take mints..

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:23 PM

Lectrosphere
  • Premium member
    Lectrosphere
    6th Gear
    Author Image

When he starts digging, you also dig yours. Or when he starts digging, hand him a packet of tissue. laugh.gif

So many ways to do it.

i think tis is the most tactical way to do it! happy.gif

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:24 PM

Lectrosphere
  • Premium member
    Lectrosphere
    6th Gear
    Author Image

i would jus bear wif it... take my chances... how mani times can we all tok? haha laugh.gif

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:06 PM

Lareneg
  • Lareneg
    Clutched
    Author Image

tell him though everyone loves gold, nobody likes those found in the nose.

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:16 PM

Aeromania
  • Aeromania
    5th Gear
    Author Image

just dun shake hand with him

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:29 PM

Albeniz
  • Albeniz
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I am intending to get a new handphone soon. Before I found a solution, I better keep the new handphone out of sight.

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:09 PM

Latka
  • Latka
    6th Gear
    Author Image

BO one I encounter b4. We used to call her the Italian Onion. She was a rather obnoxious character so we bo chup just say her.
Whatever Does Not Destroy Me, Strengthens Me.

Give Up On Life But Never Give Up On Yourself

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:06 PM

Cheesepiekia
  • Premium member
    Cheesepiekia
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Everytime when he is digging his nose infront of you, ask him this question "si bei song hor?".

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:32 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Just tell him direct....Brother...u need to cool down with some herbal tea....I think is not offensive this way...

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:00 AM

Chewbacca
  • Chewbacca
    5th Gear
    Author Image

My BOSS has incredibly bad breathed.

Bad enough that I purposely sit a bit further away from him , that I preemptively hold my breath (instead of holding after I get a whiff). And I'm not the only one to remark about this.

I swear, he doesn't brush his teeth or some s--t.

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:17 AM

Madscientist83
  • Madscientist83
    Clutched
    Author Image

Put glue on his nose and he will realise he cant remove his finger !

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: stop, someone, from, digging and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users