2005 Cefiro Default Headunit?

Mnphosis

Hi all,

I am looking at a used 2005 cefiro 230JM but it does not come with a proper hedunit and speakers. Seems that previous owner has taken all away.

Can previous owners or anyone advise what is the default headunit that came with the 2005 Cefiro 230JM pls?

Also, what type of speakers are provided?

I thought I read somewhere saying that they were bose speakers.

Lastly, where are the 6 speakers located? 2 in front, 2 in pasenger and the last 2?

Thanks alot if you could help answer my queries.

↡ Advertisement

Hi all,

I am looking at a used 2005 cefiro 230JM but it does not come with a proper hedunit and speakers. Seems that previous owner has taken all away.

Can previous owners or anyone advise what is the default headunit that came with the 2005 Cefiro 230JM pls?

Also, what type of speakers are provided?

I thought I read somewhere saying that they were bose speakers.

Lastly, where are the 6 speakers located? 2 in front, 2 in pasenger and the last 2?

Thanks alot if you could help answer my queries.

i have no idea but, my advice to you -> install the ICE with your liking since you need to install all over again.

i believe the default head unit is not as good.~

i have no idea but, my advice to you -> install the ICE with your liking since you need to install all over again.

i believe the default head unit is not as good.~

ah ha!

so since does not come with default items must force dealer to lower price :)

ladykillerz, u know anything abt the 2005 ceifro? during the test drive earlier go over hump can hit exhaust :(

maybe its time to change shocks too?

ah ha!

so since does not come with default items must force dealer to lower price :)

ladykillerz, u know anything abt the 2005 ceifro? during the test drive earlier go over hump can hit exhaust :(

maybe its time to change shocks too?

hmmmm... could it be the previous owner lowered the suspension and/or change the exhaust layout?

perhaps you want to do a check.

i know something about cefiro because i am driving a teana now. =P

i heard the cefiro has engine mounting problem due to heavy engine.

perhaps you also want to make sure that it is in place properly.

the tell tale sign is the steering wheel keeps "shaking".~

hmmmm... could it be the previous owner lowered the suspension and/or change the exhaust layout?

perhaps you want to do a check.

i know something about cefiro because i am driving a teana now. =P

i heard the cefiro has engine mounting problem due to heavy engine.

perhaps you also want to make sure that it is in place properly.

the tell tale sign is the steering wheel keeps "shaking".~

wah, u almost spotted all the problems!

yes, the unit i tried engine mounting gone liao. I know cos my previous rides all use until mounting failure. changing gear time, big knocking sound. no matter, dealer agreed to renew mounts.

height etc looks as stock as can be to me.

must be the shocks are old. 70k odd km never change shocks is expected. intend to try aftermarket kyb or monroe.

is there anything else u can add so i can look out?

thks bro!

Neutral Newbie

Check out the mileage. 100k the rear bearings will be gone and it cost at least $120 for japan bearing and original one cost $280 each. absorbers KYB one cost $108 for front and $58 for rear. or can take Paraut ones front $65 and rear $50. Stock front absorbers cost $380 each and rear one cost $260. Typically the rubber stopper for the front will be gone and that cost $30+ each. Unless fully loaded and with wrong size tyres (original is 205/65R16) if not the rear should not bua the fender. definitely not hit the exhaust. Not so good in my opinion cuz I just changed. check the gearbox cuz overhaul cost $3800. check the side door rubber cuz each cost $200+. Engine mounting cost $600 exclude labor charge. Check out the drive shafts covers to make sure they are not torn if not very ex also. Hope that helps. Cheers :)

Hi Cwtan, I'm also considering getting a 2005 cefiro. Thanks for pointing out the things to note. However, most of us do not know how to check these things and I'm not sure if we buy from car dealers will they allow us to drive the car to a workshop to have all these things checked.

Neutral Newbie

you can request for the STA 100+ point check. But then again it is still not 100% full proof, but at least can check out whether accident free or not, and suspension, undercarriage, gearbox.. these things are what we cannot see.

Hi Cwtan, I'm also considering getting a 2005 cefiro. Thanks for pointing out the things to note. However, most of us do not know how to check these things and I'm not sure if we buy from car dealers will they allow us to drive the car to a workshop to have all these things checked.

Neutral Newbie

Check out the mileage. 100k the rear bearings will be gone and it cost at least $120 for japan bearing and original one cost $280 each. absorbers KYB one cost $108 for front and $58 for rear. or can take Paraut ones front $65 and rear $50. Stock front absorbers cost $380 each and rear one cost $260. Typically the rubber stopper for the front will be gone and that cost $30+ each. Unless fully loaded and with wrong size tyres (original is 205/65R16) if not the rear should not bua the fender. definitely not hit the exhaust. Not so good in my opinion cuz I just changed. check the gearbox cuz overhaul cost $3800. check the side door rubber cuz each cost $200+. Engine mounting cost $600 exclude labor charge. Check out the drive shafts covers to make sure they are not torn if not very ex also. Hope that helps. Cheers :)

Hi , May i know where u get all these change .. I am driving a 2006 Cefiro . And mileage is 100k plus already .. I am the first owner.. So i guess it is time to change all these ..

I thinking to change the absorbers . Which one you change to KYB or Parnut ?

I recently overhaul my aircon compressor .

Can recommend me where u change all these ?

Thanks

you can do 100% check, yet the car will still fail you. bear in mind that its an old car afterall

Neutral Newbie

Hi , May i know where u get all these change .. I am driving a 2006 Cefiro . And mileage is 100k plus already .. I am the first owner.. So i guess it is time to change all these ..

I thinking to change the absorbers . Which one you change to KYB or Parnut ?

I recently overhaul my aircon compressor .

Can recommend me where u change all these ?

Thanks

I think you should buy KYB. I am currently using the Paraut and it is quite bad.... I do not really like. I am saving up to change to KYB excel G shock absorbers. Original absorbers are very good even though spoilt. My spoilt OEM absorbers are even more comfortable than the brand new paraut absorbers so I do not recommend u to change to that. I do all my stuffs at soh tyre. You got to check your dust cap for your drive shafts, should have sign of cracks le, must change them before it totally crack, if dust go in then have to change whole driveshaft which is very ex.

↡ Advertisement