BMW E92 or Audi A5 or Mercedes Eclass Coupe

NightWind

Neutral Newbie

Hi Brothers may i just do a quick survey to check which of the above 3 luxury coupes best appeal to you?

Key points of consideration;

1) Handling and Sheer Driving Pleasure;

2) Engine Refinement

3) Body Styling and looks

4) Value for Money

Thanks

E92 335i...i own it and can tell u it is the best in each of the above 4 categories...

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Hey bro, your comments on the SL55 is it real?

That was taken from US M3 forum. A member quoted that from his personal experience.

I agree with bro biturbo

335i is definitely the best in perfomance, moddability (esp with jb3), price,

however the interior is a sore let down especially the plain jain instrument cluster.

Otherwise its perfect

I agree with bro biturbo

however the interior is a sore let down especially the plain jain instrument cluster.

Otherwise its perfect

Erm, isn't there a M3 model that's coming out without aircon, radio and almost everything else? hahah

For driveability, I still got to give it to the blue propellor badge...

I agree with bro biturbo

Otherwise its perfect

It has always been BMW tradition to design its cockpit with minmalistic design. In addition, it allows migration from 1 gen to another with ease. Lastly, Toy is the car & it is not about what is inside the car.

U should look at my E39 520 & u could see that it has improved a lot since then.

It has always been BMW tradition to design its cockpit with minmalistic design. In addition, it allows migration from 1 gen to another with ease. Lastly, Toy is the car & it is not about what is inside the car.

U should look at my E39 520 & u could see that it has improved a lot since then.

thats the only bit of their design philosophy i dont like.

and its cockpit is not minimalistic... its just spartan bare

Neutral Newbie

thats the only bit of their design philosophy i dont like.

and its cockpit is not minimalistic... its just spartan bare

an interior in between audi/merc (too many buttons) and bmw (too bare) will be just nice...

accordingly, bmw interior design concept is to keep it simple and every button/control should be easy to reach and use so that the driver can focus and enjoy the so-called "ultimate driving machine"...

luckily, bmw waked up a bit and provided more plush interior (at least the new 5-series and Z4 is more acceptable)...

an interior in between audi/merc (too many buttons) and bmw (too bare) will be just nice...

accordingly, bmw interior design concept is to keep it simple and every button/control should be easy to reach and use so that the driver can focus and enjoy the so-called "ultimate driving machine"...

luckily, bmw waked up a bit and provided more plush interior (at least the new 5-series and Z4 is more acceptable)...

i think merc interior is not too many buttons i think its just nice for most models except the W212 E-class which has too many.

I notice BMW loves to use wood and thats very unker leh

Turbocharged

If you don't know then please don't act knowledgeable and just shut up for goodness sake.

BMW DOES have interior wood trim!

If you don't know then please don't act knowledgeable and just shut up for goodness sake.

BMW DOES have interior wood trim!

Great advice [laugh]

But in the past, Jaguar probably used the most wood

Their newer XF and XJ are less "ah pek" [cool]

3 series not so much but the 5 series.

i agree merc used to used alot of wood veneer in like the CLS and W211 which i hated too but nowadays W212 also has aluminium trim which i think is a deal maker

i think merc interior is not too many buttons i think its just nice for most models except the W212 E-class which has too many.

Wood trim is an optional item for 1, 3 & 5. So, it is not BMW [inlove] wood hor.

3 series not so much but the 5 series.

i agree merc used to used alot of wood veneer in like the CLS and W211 which i hated too but nowadays W212 also has aluminium trim which i think is a deal maker

For merc, only Avantgarde is chio.

Neutral Newbie

shall we meet up to go to both merc and bmw showroom to see whether which side display more cars with wood trim?

if merc has more then u buy me kopi and vice verse...on?

seriously, unless my age is catching up with me, it is merc who has more wood!!! hahaha....

↡ Advertisement