Lexus ES300F

Fcw75

Agree with bros here the GS is definately better than ES, Sportier look, higher Specs, higher OMW. Furthermore the GS is a real Lexus built form scratch (just like IS and LS) whereas ES is a rebadged Toyota Windom. I was deciding between these 2 models, and picked the GS, so far no regrets..

Hi bro, are you driving the Luxury or the Super Luxury one?

↡ Advertisement

Hi bro, are you driving the Luxury or the Super Luxury one?

Im driving the Luxury Model, IMO not worth going for the Super Luxury, the difference are:

1.got Aircon to your butt on the front seats

2.Super Lux has half Wood steering wheel..

3.OMV higher by about 5k but car price maybe 8k more for used.

Theres also a 'MR' moonroof model.

Im driving the Luxury Model, IMO not worth going for the Super Luxury, the difference are:

1.got Aircon to your butt on the front seats

2.Super Lux has half Wood steering wheel..

3.OMV higher by about 5k but car price maybe 8k more for used.

Theres also a 'MR' moonroof model.

Thank you. There's also the number of airbags and park assist system for super luxury right?

Hi

I am a Toyota fan, and have owned both Camry and ES300.

I have sold my ES300 in S'pore last year, but still holding on to one in Melbourne (MR, Sat-Nav, much cheaper ...), coming to 9 year old, clocked 150k, still a happy owner, enjoying it everytime I drive it.

While the ES may have the same chasis as the Camry, the suspension set-up is different, I have compared them at tyre shop, having both jacked up. ES300 is much more comfortable and has better road holding and cornering. The V6 is silky smooth and quite. Camry 4 cyl is certainly no match.

ES build quality is superb. Door and boot shut is tight. door even comes with rubber sound insulation at the seams. The ES also comes in high spec level, auto level HID, rear sun shade, chromatic rear view mirror, tilt side window (later model), 5 speed autobox etc, closest match today is the Camry Hybrid other than it has 6 speed. What I like best is rain repellent windscreen. No rain-X ever needed. Still work after 8 years of use.

The design is also everlasting, never go out of fashion. I doubt the current GS can keep the attraction and glam once the 2012 model is out. Look wise, the IS250 look will also last.

The ES has better rear seating compared to the GS and IS, no propeller shaft in the centre. Not much difference in driving other than taking quick corners. ES appeared more responsive due to the better power weight ratio, and throttle setting.

Driven also the latest IS, the ES is quieter and more comfortable, perhaps due to the low profile sport tyre fitted on the IS.

Do look out for one with original paint work. Original Lexus paint lasts, mione still shines even after 9 years of use. Resprayed Lexus is less desirable, you still get the good ride, but less the external shine, not so shiok.

Hope this helps.

ES very shiok one...can run over bicycle and don't even notice, sound proofing so good cannot even hear bicycle dragging along ground under car for 2 km...

Yes, I just have the timing belt changed at 150k. Mechanic had advised against it, but to play safe, I insisted.

The timing belt looked ok, shown little, if no sign of wear, no crack or chip at all. Inspected the water pump and all is good. No need to change. This made one really appreciate the Toyota reliability.

My take

GS

RWD +ve better cornering at speed; -ve propeller shaft tunnel obstruct rear 3rd passenger seating

Engine - double VVTI, direct injection, 245 bhp, more economical

Spec - more airbags, VDIM

Price - much more expensive

ES

FWD +ve comfy rear seat; -ve lack confidence when doing fast cornering

Engine -ve single VVTI, timing belt need change at 150k

Spec - only 6 airbags, only TRC and VSC

Neutral Newbie

hi i have driven both before

GS 300 more sporty drive, downside is interior space much smaller then es300

ES 300 more relaxed drive and spacious.

cheers