Ceiling fan

Bluepica

OT abit. Anyone heard from fengshui master that ceiling fan is not good (tordano effect)??? Was discouraged by this master to install ceiling fan.

Blow warmed air downwards to dehydrate you (bad for health)

↡ Advertisement

Actually Ceiling fan is good enough, no need aircon. I half year Aircon (Mar~Sep) half year fan (Oct~Feb).

Last time my children always On Aircon 21C and cover blanket.

I slowly adjust 21,22,23,24,25, and now 26C they still cover blanket.

For me, If I on Aircon this is what I do :

1. On Dehumidifier 1st

2. just before sleep, change to 27C Aircon. I still cover blanket as the Blower is directly facing me.

Mine is Mitsubishi - better than Daikin.

So lucky I only leave windows open for 27C no aircon or fan required. Any warmer, I switched on standing fan (need aircon if you need 25C and below)

Edited by Good-Carbuyer

Set aside car talk....

My home ceiling fan dunno what brand... apache...sounds like can fly... LOL... but it's rotating slower and slower... time to change.

Any brand that is windy enough and suitable for low ceiling HDB? My flat ceiling is so low until if u stand and raise ur hand, ur finger sure kena the fan blades.

Am looking at KDK...

============

I installed 5 X Elmark 60" dia celing fans >10 years ago in my house & all still working fine.

maybe u can get a reliable fan repair man to check yr problem.

Possible no need to change new fan. Just need to change a part or some service can. Celing fans sud b able to last a very long time.

The main thing that wil wear out is the nylon bearings. Maybe can just change.

When ty installed yr fan, ty sud do a balancing so it wil turn smoothly without any wobble.

My table top KDK fan also conked off. Twice liao! The motor refused to turn. What's the problem?

=============

If u see the fan like trying to turn but no strength, likely the small bearing grease dried up.

Take it out & wash & apply fresh grease & it sud work again.

Hi brudders,

OT a bit, sorry arhh.

Can I do something to the speed control switch of the ceiling fan to slow down the motor?

Normally I will set the speed to 1 and max would be 2 out of 5, can I toggle the controller so that speed 1 is slow down to maybe 30-60 rpm, this would be good for night time use in the bed room.

Can or not? [confused]

============

Dont make it too slow as u might stress the electric motor.

Ty set e min speed so dont try to go slower than that.

I'm pretty skeptical about ceiling fans as it looks as if it could simply fall off anytime.

Anyone's fan actually fell off the ceiling?

====

Never heard b4. usually e celing fan is well secured to celing.

I ever saw fan spinning & e fan wobbling like crazy, still never fall. [laugh]

But usually if its properly balanced when install, it sud not wobble.

anybody heard of hunter brand from australia

bought one

after 3 years - fan slowed down

remote control - need to be exocised

=========

Usually its e remote that is e problem. I suspect all remotes r MIC so cannot last.

My house 5 fans, 3 had remote. 1 spoil within 2 yrs, another spoil abt 4 yes & 1 still ok.

Those remote spoil, I just ask the fan pple to remove e remote & can still use as normal. To replace e remote, ty want to charge $100 ea. Crazy. [dizzy] China made stuff I never trust anymore.

OT abit. Anyone heard from fengshui master that ceiling fan is not good (tordano effect)??? Was discouraged by this master to install ceiling fan.

Its not good to have anything "heavy" hanging over your bed when you sleep... that includes ceiling fans too.

Unfortunately my HDB room so small, installing the smallest ceiling fan is 80% of the ceiling space taken already.

In the end I had to settle for this..

A40RS%20Blue.jpg

But quite effective nevertheless. [:p]

I have wall mounted regulator installed for my fans. My problem is the same as bro Bluepica but I'm trying to solve this problem by approaching it from a different angle.

Can I totally bypass the two capacitors inside the fan since I'm using wall mounted regulator to control the speed?

If its possible, can someone tell me how I should connect the wires.

Thanks for any assistance rendered.

Anyone? [sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

=========

Usually its e remote that is e problem. I suspect all remotes r MIC so cannot last.

My house 5 fans, 3 had remote. 1 spoil within 2 yrs, another spoil abt 4 yes & 1 still ok.

Those remote spoil, I just ask the fan pple to remove e remote & can still use as normal. To replace e remote, ty want to charge $100 ea. Crazy. [dizzy] China made stuff I never trust anymore.

I know got OEM aircon remote you can buy at DIY shops. Not sure about OEM fan remotes.

I know got OEM aircon remote you can buy at DIY shops. Not sure about OEM fan remotes.

=======

Acon remote is prob not MIC n can last cos made by reliable company.

Those fan remote most r aftermarket n MIC so quality is really CRAP. [furious]

It is not e remote spoil but e circuit ty install inside e fan. Really CMI. [shakehead]

I have wall mounted regulator installed for my fans. My problem is the same as bro Bluepica but I'm trying to solve this problem by approaching it from a different angle.

Can I totally bypass the two capacitors inside the fan since I'm using wall mounted regulator to control the speed?

If its possible, can someone tell me how I should connect the wires.

Thanks for any assistance rendered.

think the capacitors are there to help starts the motor, and also part of speed control. why do u want to bypass the capacitors, they are not expensive, just few dollars i think, can just replace them to see if it help.

Now those cheap cheap fans, sort of ball shape, with a simple V stand, $20-30-40 +

I'm using one inside my kitchen, blowing from ground up. Quite the tahan, $45, use it when I'm in the kitchen cooking,

already 2yrs ok still. Fan all same, same, no need go buy branded, end of the day also MIC. (Made In China)

use liow, throw and buy new one. Not like last time, got bakelite switches, iron casing etc.. can last donkey years,

now where got?

yo bro MO, I have the same fan you have here, but the small one, use it in my bedroom. Last night KNN the soul kana taken back by Radx when he went back. now my poor fan got body no soul, you think you can advice me how to fix it? [bigcry]

thank you many many! :D