Australia: Backpacking / Casual jobs in Melbourne

Leslielai

Bros,

I have to be in Melbourne for a period of 3-5 months next year. Unfortunately Singapore does not have an agreement with Australia for work and travel visas.

I was wondering if anyone here has some ways of bypassing that problem while on a tourist visa.

↡ Advertisement

Bros,

I have to be in Melbourne for a period of 3-5 months next year. Unfortunately Singapore does not have an agreement with Australia for work and travel visas.

I was wondering if anyone here has some ways of bypassing that problem while on a tourist visa.

Many years back I heard they hire oversea students on Summer holidays to puck apples

not in aust but NZ has work-holiday visa.

however, don't think anyone will confirm now if they will hire you but maybe 1-2 month before the travel, call the backpack hostel, library, theatre, restaurant, farm, etc to check if they have work for you. but some places don't pay you at all, in exchange you get free food, stay, and some token of appreciation.

Many years back I heard they hire oversea students on Summer holidays to puck apples

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The thing is I'm no longer a student. Doubt I can get a 3-5 month long job since I'm a foreigner. The only way for me to get in now is through the extended tourist visa but that does not permit me to seek employment of any sort, sigh.

not in aust but NZ has work-holiday visa.

however, don't think anyone will confirm now if they will hire you but maybe 1-2 month before the travel, call the backpack hostel, library, theatre, restaurant, farm, etc to check if they have work for you. but some places don't pay you at all, in exchange you get free food, stay, and some token of appreciation.

Thanks for your input.

I have sufficient funding to secure an apartment for my entire duration there and for some traveling and living expenses. What I'm concerned though is in the event where I need extra cash for whatever reasons and since I won't be on the move every single day, I want to be able to rake in some cash while I'm there.

↡ Advertisement