Who Says Conti Car Metal is Hard

Mini-itx

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...gkok_green.html

Look at the BMW's bonnet...... Then look at the other car's. Not much damage done to the side wor.....

cant comment because no one knows the circumstance of the accident and which part made contact with which part. Anyway, that said, the front is designed to crumple up upon impact to lessen the forces on the driver. Whereas the sides are part of the compact rigid shell that is meant to withstand tremendous forces in order to prevent the shell from being compromised and save the occupants.

so... no conclusion on the hardness index of the metal used by contis can be made. [rolleyes]

cant comment because no one knows the circumstance of the accident and which part made contact with which part. Anyway, that said, the front is designed to crumple up upon impact to lessen the forces on the driver. Whereas the sides are part of the compact rigid shell that is meant to withstand tremendous forces in order to prevent the shell from being compromised and save the occupants.

so... no conclusion on the hardness index of the metal used by contis can be made. [rolleyes]

but how you all tell its a BMW?? cause the whole car look just like a black car to me. cannot see the cruve from the pics.

also what car is that Van?? look like MPV but not sure too.

but how you all tell its a BMW?? cause the whole car look just like a black car to me. cannot see the cruve from the pics.

The BMW is E90 3 series. Pre facelift one. The MPV I don't know.

its hard & soft at different areas where its needed

But alot of people say conti cars buang people their fornt no problem and the other cars butt crushed...... Another thread did mention this..... Maybe its with old cars only. Cause new cars cannot be too hard on the front. It will be a hazard to presdestrains.

We are talking about sheet metal vs solid metal pole. Of cos sheet metal will crumple.

Look at the MPV's front door. It looks like an impact area.

Look at the MPV's front door. It looks like an impact area.

yes impact area. but later the BMW hit the Pole so from pics we cannot tell BMW crumble because of Pole or because of APV.

Edited by Joseph22

But alot of people say conti cars buang people their fornt no problem and the other cars butt crushed...... Another thread did mention this..... Maybe its with old cars only. Cause new cars cannot be too hard on the front. It will be a hazard to presdestrains.

No, hard metal in front will cause the impact be transfered into the cabin and kill the occupants.

Check out this video link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBDyeWofcLY some additional education for you.

dunno whether u directing the question to me, but stomp article says BMW. stomp says so so it must be true! :D

dunno whether u directing the question to me, but stomp article says BMW. stomp says so so it must be true! :D

[laugh][laugh][laugh] but stomp a lot of ppl dont like expensive car [laugh][laugh]

so what brand is the Van?

No, hard metal in front will cause the impact be transfered into the cabin and kill the occupants.

Check out this video link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBDyeWofcLY some additional education for you.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=3348248

DUn know leh. Pple say the car rear end others hardly any damage........ So is it supposed to be hard or soft? LOL.........