Re-spray bumper how much?

Aquace21

Kena an accident earlier just now. One guy who is executing a U-turn (with me following behind) suddenly stopped and reversed (OMG!) and bumped into my front bumper. he got a big dent while my bumper had scratches. Am considering either claim (any risk on my side? coz he can always turn around and said I bumped into his car instead) or agreeing to privately settle (the other party suggested one).

Any advice? Anyone spray painted whole bumper before? How much typically?

Thanks in advance!

↡ Advertisement

WHAT !?!?! from U-turn can become reverse..?? depending on car, whole bumber around $120 at tampinese. best to settle outside, collect money from him. write a outside settlement letter. with IC and signatures.

Kena an accident earlier just now. One guy who is executing a U-turn (with me following behind) suddenly stopped and reversed (OMG!) and bumped into my front bumper. he got a big dent while my bumper had scratches. Am considering either claim (any risk on my side? coz he can always turn around and said I bumped into his car instead) or agreeing to privately settle (the other party suggested one).

Any advice? Anyone spray painted whole bumper before? How much typically?

Thanks in advance!

You got any in-vehicle to show that he/she reverse into you? If not, i advise you to pte settle as you are at a losing end.

Spraying of bumper (without knocking) probably set you back 100 to 150 depend of model. As for the front vehicle beware that he/she jerk up the cost by replacing the reverse sensor.

Ya man... shock of my life to see him suddenly stopped halfway while turning, engaged reverse quickly and moved backwards.. then... bump. :wacko:

Thanks.. hmm.. ya, settlement letter...

You got any in-vehicle to show that he/she reverse into you? If not, i advise you to pte settle as you are at a losing end.

Spraying of bumper (without knocking) probably set you back 100 to 150 depend of model. As for the front vehicle beware that he/she jerk up the cost by replacing the reverse sensor.

Nope, no video. Ya, I was thinking so too.

Front vehicle? He will be paying me for my repairs since he is at fault.

[laugh] Did he admit fault in B&W? Since u have no phsyical proof of him reverse into you he can always bite back and accuse u of knocking into him. You are at a losing end bro. There are many such dispicable driver around. U can bring him to your own workshop to access the damages on both cars. Don't go to his workshop imo.

Sorry to burst your bubble bro, but did the front vehicle reverse because of oncoming vehicle? Or just out of nowhere reverse?

If it's just reverse for no reason, then I think you're in for trouble if you didn't get the front vehicle driver to sign a statement that

he(ic) reversed into you at this particular location at this time and date and is willing to settle OOC.

Either way, if you didn't do that, then I'd say that you're at his mercy. If he's one sob, he can play you like anything.

DO get your reporting done at vicom/sta fast stating your side of the story. Might have some mitigating factor but not much.

Hope you took photos of the condition of his car(the whole car).

Lemme give you an e.g.

W/S Prices:

Cost of replacing rear bumper: 300

Cost of replacing rear axle: 350

Cost of rear axle arm: 80x2=160

Cost of arm stopper: 30x2=60

Cost of Reverse Sensor(OE): 450

Cost of Tail Lamps(OE): 250x2=500

Cost of Tail Lamp Bulbs: 40x2=80

Cost of respraying whole car(OE colour): 1800

And alot more parts and pieces depending on his imagination.

Then add in a 30% workmanship charge.

And if the guy's a real sob, medical costs.......

Not trying to frighten you bro, but that's what I encounter when I was a newbie driver and met that sob driver.

Too trusting.....

If you can get a back car driver to testify, got chance. If it comes to that.

But then, hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Edited by Moredhel
↡ Advertisement