Marathons in Singapore

Ah_roy81

Me too,I dont take any isotonic drinks like 100 plus or what not upto 15km level beyond that I do take it

Otherwise just water all the way

I only run once a week not more than 12-16km range only (depending on my mood/heat level)

There is a 10km Terry Fox Run  ( Charity)  this Sunday at ECP... not competitive though , have been doing it for last 7-8 years  

If you're going for timing then maybe it's better to follow some structured program.

For me, I run at my own pace, so I don't clock any long distance training before the race nor do any tapering off intensity. For the past few months my mileage has been 2.5km to Max 10km per run and I do max 5km the past few weeks cos of the stupid haze.

However, I'll do my last run on Tuesday and use wed to sat to rest so that I'll be "fresh" for Sunday.

I also don't do anything special on diet. Just run on empty stomach to burn fats

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

All of you running the 2XU, enjoy your run. I will be skipping it, as it has become too expensive for me.

I may have to skip the income run too, as I am committed to give my right foot a rest from impact for 2 months.

• Praise 2

All of you running the 2XU, enjoy your run. I will be skipping it, as it has become too expensive for me.

I may have to skip the income run too, as I am committed to give my right foot a rest from impact for 2 months.

I only run 2XU (nice finisher tee)

Me too,I dont take any isotonic drinks like 100 plus or what not upto 15km level beyond that I do take it

Otherwise just water all the way

I only run once a week not more than 12-16km range only (depending on my mood/heat level)

There is a 10km Terry Fox Run  ( Charity)  this Sunday at ECP... not competitive though , have been doing it for last 7-8 years  

I will bring my pom pom gals to cheer u ok   [thumbsup]  

• Praise 6

@theoldjaffa , how's the race? Looks like good weather.

Yup weather was good, no haze. Couple of choke points though (starting point and also the PCN after Sports Hub).

There's 3 or 4 U turns which I didn't like.

Good form today, went under 2 hours which far exceeded my target

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Yup weather was good, no haze. Couple of choke points though (starting point and also the PCN after Sports Hub).

Good form today, went under 2 hours which far exceeded my target ð

Guess my 1 week of rest and doing nothing helped.

Congrats.

Natural born runner. Didn't do much lsd, yet under 2hr. Wasted that running is not your main sport.

• Praise 3

Good form today, went under 2 hours which far exceeded my target ð

Guess my 1 week of rest and doing nothing helped.

Congrats TOJ.
  • Praise 3

Congrats TOJ.ðªðªðª

There were 2 safe hazards along the route as well. The metal pieces justing out of the wall in the tunnel along the pavement. And the steps after Fullerton, my friend nearly tripped. While there were Marshalls warning about the steps, those runners on earphones probably did not catch them. Some illumination should help.

Managed to be in the first wave, so did not experienced any bottleneck. Had a good run, achieved a good time and PB.ð

My xiaomi watch suddenly stopped tracking the run around 16km mark and when synced to phone, uthis data was lost. It has acted up recently on 2 occasions. Should I reset the watch?

Congrats bro! Great run and happy that you got your PB!

Congrats.

Natural born runner. Didn't do much lsd, yet under 2hr. Wasted that running is not your main sport.

Cos now I only do sports (run and cycle for now) for general fitness and recreation.

No longer feel stressed about having to train specifically for events nor chase that PB, and when I cycle it's for the cool feeling of having wind in my face and exploring scenic parts of Singapore too.

Congrats bro! Great run and happy that you got your PB! ðªðªðª

I was in Wave 6.. the last wave, even though I parked my car at suntec at 3:55am ð¤£

I didn't notice the metal pieces though. The tunnel was so dark! Some parts of the route could have been better illuminated, I agree.

For your xiaomi watch, I dunno leh. You can try and see? I always use Strava on my iPhone to track my runs. Haven't failed me a single time.

U on Strava too?

I got a lot at Singapore flyer when I reached 3.30am.

You should download and use Strava. Quite motivational.

This is the overall 4th placed guy. Think the top 3 doesn't use Strava.

The timing is ð±

478DEECE-0A1C-4FEA-B2C5-B2248390A648.jpeg

Thanks for the tip. For runs, I don't usually carry my phone, and Strava does not support xiaomi watch currently. So I'll kiv for the time being.

The pace is really scorching.

• Praise 2

I was reading about this 2xu result being held 'ransom' until keypower fulfilled some contractual agreement. The Runners shouldn't be victims of what is going on between the two business entities.

This is a expensive run, this things shouldn't happen after paying a premium. I skipped this year becoz of high price, but with what's going now, this is a run I want to avoid, like that YOLO Run.

• Praise 2