Marathons in Singapore

Ah_roy81

I received mailer from SCB also....$54 for first 200 only. But did not try to sign up.

I received mailers from SCSM. But not this offer. They know most early bird signed up will be pissed with this stunt.

200 first come first serve only for the $54 offer. Next year don't hope for $55, it's for bicentennial only.

Marathons here are like MRT, objective is to pack as many as possible inside and earn the max. Not like overseas big-name event with cut-off times.

• Praise 1

Yah will get advice from my GP about it when buying HBP medicine later on. When young can really take the pain, not true nowadays. Not really keen to be in the news for the wrong reason haha.

Muscles aches should clear off around the same days.

But if have injuries to joints and tendons will require much longer recovery.

Take care to ensure training is progressive.

Train up to know your 10km pace.

If you are running 1hr for 10km comfortably.

Then probably decide to finish FM at 4h30m to below 5hrs range.

Then use that benchmark to derive your training program.

Then as you progress, sign up for HM, phase it to your training progress.

• Praise 1

200 first come first serve only for the $54 offer. Next year don't hope for $55, it's for bicentennial only.

Marathons here are like MRT, objective is to pack as many as possible inside and earn the max. Not like overseas big-name event with cut-off times.

Not necessary big name event got cut-off times.

I ran Fujisan Marathon which is next to Lake Kawaguchiko that has strict 6 hrs cut-off.

Not necessary big name event got cut-off times.

I ran Fujisan Marathon which is next to Lake Kawaguchiko that has strict 6 hrs cut-off.

I heard that one accepts limited number of runners, if not mistaken? So there's a cap to prevent overcrowding.

6 hour cap also good if applied to our marathon, already can reduce the numbers, believe me.

I heard that one accepts limited number of runners, if not mistaken? So there's a cap to prevent overcrowding.

6 hour cap also good if applied to our marathon, already can reduce the numbers, believe me.

I have been saying we need a cap to make race for serious runner only.

Not those who want a bragging rights.

I received mailers from SCSM. But not this offer. They know most early bird signed up will be pissed with this stunt.

I believe this is exactly the reason why you did not receive the mailer. Lol

Personally I feel  those who put in an effort to complete the marathon deserve the medal. Regardless they make it in 3hrs or 7hrs. 

I feel 7.5hr cut off is fair for both officials and volunteers work hours, and a faster than walking pace time for the participants.

Already we have some world marathon reserved for fast runners, I hope SCSM don't become one. If not I will never be able to join a IAAF certfied course. It's like being a avid runner in Boston, but can never join the BOSTON marathon , coz can't meet the BQ time. I have no money to join oversea run every year.

For overcrowding, they can just limit the number of participants, set quota for local or overseas runners. But don't limit it to fast runners is all I hope for. 

• Praise 4

Personally I feel those who put in an effort to complete the marathon deserve the medal. Regardless they make it in 3hrs or 7hrs.

I feel 7.5hr cut off is fair for both officials and volunteers work hours, and a faster than walking pace time for the participants.

Already we have some world marathon reserved for fast runners, I hope SCSM don't become one. If not I will never be able to join a IAAF certfied course. It's like being a avid runner in Boston, but can never join the BOSTON marathon , coz can't meet the BQ time. I have no money to join oversea run every year.

For overcrowding, they can just limit the number of participants, set quota for local or overseas runners. But don't limit it to fast runners is all I hope for.

Think majority of average running time is 5hrs range.

Elite runners are below 3hrs.

Very good runners are 3 to 3.5hrs

Serious amateurs are 3.5 to 4hrs.

Average runner that run with minimal stoppages is 4-5 hrs.

5hrs to 5.5hrs are those who ran 30km and hobble the rest.

6hrs are those who ran half then straggle the remaining.

7hrs are those who ran half then walk half.

8-9 hrs are serious hikers.

• Praise 6

If looked too Young .. if only you are over 55 , you get cheaper rate . THey think you only 22

Unker Angcheek I’m is now 23 lah
  • Praise 6

Such events are very commercial and it is never about the run but to show case Singapore just like F1.

Look at where it is held you know already. I just hope while we promote Singapore, the parties plan focus on stakeholders interests and not given power and authority to handle without consultation. You know civil servant always just play safe and overly kiasu.they just want to deliver and couldn't care others.

• Praise 1

Unker Angcheek I’m is now 23 lah

you never show your PG card is it, mayb you show your PG card only pay $5.40.... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Personally I feel  those who put in an effort to complete the marathon deserve the medal. Regardless they make it in 3hrs or 7hrs. 

will they pull you out half way if they think that you not going to meet the cut off time?  Like if you reach the half way mark later than 3.5 hrs, they stop you from running, or something like that, and then remark as "DNF"?  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo

Think majority of average running time is 5hrs range.

Elite runners are below 3hrs.

Very good runners are 3 to 3.5hrs

Serious amateurs are 3.5 to 4hrs.

Average runner that run with minimal stoppages is 4-5 hrs.

5hrs to 5.5hrs are those who ran 30km and hobble the rest.

6hrs are those who ran half then straggle the remaining.

7hrs are those who ran half then walk half.

8-9 hrs are serious hikers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1