Marathons in Singapore

Ah_roy81

Wow! Very impressive! 14 full marathons? Did you do the recent Newton?

Nope -  I only do 2 runs a year the Army 1/2 marathon and Stan Chart;-  only but I do short interval runs inbetween free and easy but the haze is a dampener now; Used to play soccer inbetween but stopped due to some injuries 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

WTF!! :a-bang:  haze! is going on now less than 42 days to go and still the air is flushed with it......... cannot train even!! .... went down to my friends place condo gym and ran on threadmill is like so monotonou with so many figures updating (HR/calorie/incline to kill the boredom) unlike road feel and I didn't know the machine has one hour limit - it stops so must remember the figures before the 60th minute to add on the next hour  ; Nothing beats the real tar/asphalt on ECP or parks connectors with a some elements of surprise and just a simple Runtastic or Runkeeper App          

WTF!! :a-bang: haze! is going on now less than 42 days to go and still the air is flushed with it......... cannot train even!! .... went down to my friends place condo gym and ran on threadmill is like so monotonou with so many figures updating (HR/calorie/incline to kill the boredom) unlike road feel and I didn't know the machine has one hour limit - it stops so must remember the figures before the 60th minute to add on the next hour ; Nothing beats the real tar/asphalt on ECP or parks connectors with a some elements of surprise and just a simple Runtastic or Runkeeper App

Cross training lor

Do squats, like 100 times

Skipping for calves.

Then a fair bit of planking

Push-ups

Burpees

Flutter kicks

• Praise 1

Cross training lor

Do squats, like 100 times

Skipping for calves.

Then a fair bit of planking

Push-ups

Burpees

Flutter kicks

[thumbsup] Yes I do that everyday at home but nothing like burning rubber on the road, 'cos we need to reach a certain distance  " like reaching a high of at least maybe about 30km dry run" before the actual run ; it preps us for the big day psychologically and the body is sort of ready to take it on and the last 10km can "tikan tikam" just cruise slowly      

• Praise 1

[thumbsup] Yes I do that everyday at home but nothing like burning rubber on the road, 'cos we need to reach a certain distance " like reaching a high of at least maybe about 30km dry run" before the actual run ; it preps us for the big day psychologically and the body is sort of ready to take it on and the last 10km can "tikan tikam" just cruise slowly

What's your time for the 42km? There is one runner here who can do 3hrs plus and that is damn impressive to me

What's your time for the 42km? There is one runner here who can do 3hrs plus and that is damn impressive to me

Not me lah bro! old already but malu! malu! must say its about 5 - 5.20

Been at it for last 14-15 years so die die must keep it up every year without fail  

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

Any Bros doing the StanChart Marathon next week?? If so good luck [bounce1]  [thumbsup]  and hope the haze does not come and weather stays "cooled" unlike today    

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 3

Any Bros doing the StanChart Marathon next week?? If so good luck [bounce1]  [thumbsup]  and hope the haze does not come and weather stays "cooled" unlike today    

I won't be doing any runs ...

But I hope everyone can complete their own marathon runs, fairly and proudly :)

• Praise 4

I won't be doing any runs ...

But I hope everyone can complete their own marathon runs, fairly and proudly :)

Agree and it should be one's own comfort zone; No way can our locals compare to the Kenya's or Eithopians ; Though we have our locals like Mok Ying Ren; Nothing gained by cheating by whatever silly means, one's just gotta be passionate and most singaporeans are recreation runners

Seems like not many mcf bro's into marathons (maybe they like to burn rubber tyres or condoms than shoes)      

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 2

I don't like to run for too long as the train up phase and the recovery phase too long.

Haha kidding. Just lazy.

Agree and it should be one's own comfort zone; No way can our locals compare to the Kenya's or Eithopians ; Though we have our locals like Mok Ying Ren; Nothing gained by cheating by whatever silly means, one's just gotta be passionate and most singaporeans are recreation runners

Seems like not many mcf bro's into marathons (maybe they like to burn rubber tyres or condoms than shoes)      

• Praise 2

I don't like to run for too long as the train up phase and the recovery phase too long.

Haha kidding. Just lazy. 

Once you get the "hang" of it your body will go on auto pilot  and you will get the urge for it... kind of like adrenalin rush ......... just like sex    :a-fun: 

You will feel lousy for 1/2 day and next day can go back to work already (provided you have put in the distance prior to the main run

Of course provided you just go steady and don't exceed or chiong chiong and then hit the wall and then finished (seen it happen to the young ones especially) Its just a mind over body thing

Once you get the "hang" of it your body will go on auto pilot and you will get the urge for it... kind of like adrenalin rush ......... just like sex :a-fun:

You will feel lousy for 1/2 day and next day can go back to work already (provided you have put in the distance prior to the main run

Of course provided you just go steady and don't exceed or chiong chiong and then hit the wall and then finished (seen it happen to the young ones especially) Its just a mind over body thing

Exercise is addictive, the more u exercise, the more addicted u r

Think need to take care of heart n pace according to one's health

Cannot overstretch too

All the best to ur upcoming marathon :)

• Praise 3

I'm kinda in a boycott mode with standchart since this year when their fees for full marathon is approaching $100..

Anyway now feel that half marathon is just nice for my limit.. Full marathon for me,  the last 10km is a half walk, half snail pace jog, which for is exceed my limit.

• Praise 1

I'm kinda in a boycott mode with standchart since this year when their fees for full marathon is approaching $100..

Anyway now feel that half marathon is just nice for my limit.. Full marathon for me,  the last 10km is a half walk, half snail pace jog, which for is exceed my limit.

Same here bro.

I made a target to run 30 full marathon or as many as I can before 50 yrs old, so far have run 8 FM since 2010.

But now find FM are overpriced.

Don't t think will be doing FM now.

If really want to be healthy, running 5km daily will be healthier.

Can run HM by myself at Punggol waterway or ECP Fort Rd.

• Praise 2

After doing HK Marathon, i totally gave up on any FM in tropical country.

In Singapore, I had nvr run full marathon from start to finish no matter how hard i train.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2