Marathons in Singapore

Ah_roy81

Turbocharged

I did back to back >18 km in 2 weeks. 18.45 for ST run and 21 km for Sundown. I think the race routes in Singapore are getting too generic where the start point is always at the F1 pit and ending there.

Basically to highlight our national attractions to the foreigners, that's why the big running events always end up with the same generic routes. The touristy spots are congregated there.

I remember back 10-20 years ago, the start and end points for the only marathon event back then, were at the old national stadium in kallang, running through parts of tampines neighbourhood, and changi, before turning back.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

I did back to back >18 km in 2 weeks. 18.45 for ST run and 21 km for Sundown. I think the race routes in Singapore are getting too generic where the start point is always at the F1 pit and ending there.

By the way, there is a good deal for race belts here if you are looking for one :

http://www.run-spec.com/products/endurance-race-belt

kinda of sick of the flyer and the garden by the bay view. 

Hypersonic

Actually it showed 2,285  calories and 43km or something like that according to "Runkeeper" app , though it was only 42.2km

Hope more MCF's participate .... well to at least reduce some weight since its a weighty issue always i see in forums. As Dr Ben Tans book is aptly titled "Run for your Life" 

Well done :))

Kudos :))

Juz sign up overseas run. HK, Tokyo or Osaka.

Anybody want to do Beijing Marathon?

Wow :)

Steady Bro :)

Must buy this here and train with this before going:

$_35.JPG

no kidding...

2014-10-19t061149z347105986gm1eaaj11gw01

Don't end up being their Foreign Import Air Filter (your lungs)

• Praise 1

Must buy this here and train with this before going:

no kidding...

2014-10-19t061149z347105986gm1eaaj11gw01

Don't end up being their Foreign Import Air Filter (your lungs)

I jogged here whenever PM 2.5 is below 150.

Turbocharged

Tokyo is a good place to run. I always bring my running shoes whenever I travel to Tokyo. Did a run along the harbour at Hamamatsucho at night close to end of winter. Great fun and temp

Tokyo is a good place to run. I always bring my running shoes whenever I travel to Tokyo. Did a run along the harbour at Hamamatsucho at night close to end of winter. Great fun and temp

I went last october. Stayed at Shinbashi. Almost every morning, i ran to Imperial Palace.  Go around 1 loop & back.  Fantastic place to run.

Hypersonic

43 km sounds about right. 42.195 is the shortest possible distance for the route. Our cornering not so precise....also have to weave in and out sometimes. [laugh]

Well done.

Nowadays when running can hear other peoples Apps shouting out the distance/pacing/timing and all seem to show longer distance than the actual organisers board, I remember the NTUC run (it was only 21km but everyone's apps showed above 22km) Kind of getting used to now kenna "overtiming" - Yes weaving in/out might have added on too. Don't tell me they calculate distances "chun chun" to the kerbside with the shortest distance going diagonal here and there, After all Singapore dont have much of straight path except ECP other places kenna U turn so many times       

Nowadays when running can hear other peoples Apps shouting out the distance/pacing/timing and all seem to show longer distance than the actual organisers board, I remember the NTUC run (it was only 21km but everyone's apps showed above 22km) Kind of getting used to now kenna "overtiming" - Yes weaving in/out might have added on too. Don't tell me they calculate distances "chun chun" to the kerbside with the shortest distance going diagonal here and there, After all Singapore dont have much of straight path except ECP other places kenna U turn so many times       

GPS has inherent inaccuracy depending on how frequent the signal is transmitted.

Technically, distance is measured using some kind of roller wheel plotted on the shortest distance.

Hypersonic

By the way, there is a good deal for race belts here if you are looking for one :

http://www.run-spec.com/products/endurance-race-belt

Its either Padang or F1 or Orchard near Tangs;  I guess for the latter 2 they cannot use too loud sound system as too many hotels nearby and midnight sure hotels will screw the Organiser due to their guests cannot sleep.. wait KPKB !! Not much open space left in this small tin can of 6 million. Well another venue they can try is the National Stadium. I remember my first one over 35 years or so back started from there      

Turbocharged

I went last october. Stayed at Shinbashi. Almost every morning, i ran to Imperial Palace.  Go around 1 loop & back.  Fantastic place to run.

Did you run beneath the durian trees?

Twincharged

GPS has inherent inaccuracy depending on how frequent the signal is transmitted.

Technically, distance is measured using some kind of roller wheel plotted on the shortest distance.

Yup, that is why our runs will always be more than 42.195, especially if we are running with the masses.

Hypersonic

Each run more than $1K... Elite runner..

Hypersonic

Unker and Brother David  [nod] ..... can sponsor me  :wub:  

Yup, that is why our runs will always be more than 42.195, especially if we are running with the masses.

Aiyoh... put it in perspective.....

Already ran 4219500 centimetres......what is another 1500cm? [:p]

↡ Advertisement