Poor Hawker Centre Hygiene?

Fishman

Almost all hawker centres tables are super dirty, even there is cleaner clearing the table. Cause if you look at the way those cleaners clear and clean the table, you would feel like ''vomiting''. Lol.

you forgot about the cloth they used !!!  :o like whole day never wash type. So after wiping, still oily and dirty 

↡ Advertisement

you forgot about the cloth they used !!!  :o like whole day never wash type. So after wiping, still oily and dirty 

Cloth is very dirty, thats why no matter how they wipe the tables still dirty and smelly. But i notice many times, they dont wipe the table at all, just clear the plates and bowls only.

Turbocharged

Cloth is very dirty, thats why no matter how they wipe the tables still dirty and smelly. But i notice many times, they dont wipe the table at all, just clear the plates and bowls only.

most of those cleaners are not wiping the table (not even discussing the poor state of their wipe cloth). they are just swiping whatever is on the table to the floor. if any of the remnants fall onto the chair, they will use the same cloth to wipe the chair as well.

I think their mindset is that their job is only to clear the table, to hell with the condition of the floor because that is the job of another cleaning team (even if it is from the same company).

And I have not even talked about the poor state of those tray return shelves. Another fxxking disgusting sight.

If the mindset of these cleaners do not change, we will never get anywhere.

And the mindset of customers must change too. Let's not leave fish bones or uneaten portions remain on the tray or table. it is damn fxxking disgusting. pick up after yourself. use a tissue and pick up as much of these as you can and place them into the food bowl.

although the food in the older estate hawker centres, eg redhill, bedok, toa payoh, are generally nicer, the cleanliness of the hawker centre is given 3 points at best (out of 10 points).

New or old hawker centre, like you said if the mindset of the cleaners do not change and also the procedure of cleaning the tables and tray is not follow strictly, even newly opened hawker centre also dirty and disgusting.

That's why food prices between hawker centers and foodcourts are different. If you want even better standard and quality you go to a restaurant. You have a choice for cheaper food option but quality and standard not as good as foodcourt or restaurants. Cannot be you paying for hawker center price but get foodcourt standard. Somebody else will cry foul too.

So you want to eat at hawker center, foodcourt or restaurant? Whoa, I sound like Vivian B. LoL...

Food court isn’t cheap, but Hawker centres are not even cheap in any sense.

Hawker centres are crap in terms of hygiene .

Nothing in Singapore below $10 is hygienic, so if you are a cleanliness freak, you spend more for meals or you swallow the fact.

All problems can be avoided if there are no half baked policies designed to screw us to benefit some other people.

Ps. Actually food court can be cheap.

I ate economic rice with one meat and vegetable for $2.20 this afternoon

Cloth :omg: I only saw bare hands and picking up tissues left on the table to wipe. Those cloth must be the invisible type they use. :a-noway:

Food court isn’t cheap, but Hawker centres are not even cheap in any sense.

Hawker centres are crap in terms of hygiene .

Nothing in Singapore below $10 is hygienic, so if you are a cleanliness freak, you spend more for meals or you swallow the fact.

All problems can be avoided if there are no half baked policies designed to screw us to benefit some other people.

Ps. Actually food court can be cheap.

I ate economic rice with one meat and vegetable for $2.20 this afternoon

Sometimes foodcourt also not say very clean lo.

I think you meant "I just CAN'T understand why some people can't eat with the tray below the plate/bowl".

The simple reason is that 99% of the hawker centre trays are either wobbly, dirty, wet, smells or a combination or all of the description. How  to eat my food with that tray underneath? Damn gross.

Thanks for the correction.

Is it that bad?

My regular hawker centers are Marine Parade, Old Airport, Bedok 85 and Changi Village.

All the trays quite clean le.

Only the ones in Corporation Drive are a bit dirty.

Worse that they use the same cloth to wipe off the bird droppings on the table...  :sick:

Agreed.

You know at the food court where I was eating lunch, they prepare and keep coffee powder and foodstuffs outside of the toilet.

They also collected the plates that were previously used by patrons in some pails and I can see flies hovering.

So actually want to eat (or actually have to eat ) just eat ,don’t care about how unhygienic everything is, or we really cannot eat anything and starve.

Agreed.

You know at the food court where I was eating lunch, they prepare and keep coffee powder and foodstuffs outside of the toilet.

They also collected the plates that were previously used by patrons in some pails and I can see flies hovering.

So actually want to eat (or actually have to eat ) just eat ,don’t care about how unhygienic everything is, or we really cannot eat anything and starve.

Eat homecooked food.  :a-m1212:

Recently, I noticed the foodcourt at Marina Sq level 3 cleanliness has improved. Then yesterday, it drop slightly again. They started with this robot tray collecting thing that went round and round. I wonder did the management put that in just for publicity or there is some grant from the government. :blink:

Recently, I noticed the foodcourt at Marina Sq level 3 cleanliness has improved. Then yesterday, it drop slightly again. They started with this robot tray collecting thing that went round and round. I wonder did the management put that in just for publicity or there is some grant from the government. :blink:

Saw the robot too.

Dumped a tray "inside" it.

the robot tray collection has been in use at many food courts recently... seems like a trial use, maybe with garment grant.

The robot went round and round at foodcourt has been sighted in many places. And the robot went round and round with fully loaded trays with no one clear the tray on the robot!

↡ Advertisement