PRC towkay pays $200,000 in $1 notes

Cootie-Monster

lesson_on_bad_customer_service_hotel_demands_cash_so_man_gives-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Alex sent in this incredible story of a Chinese mine owner who ran up a 200,000 Yuan bill at a hotel before learning that they did not accept credit card payments. Angered by the incident, the mine owner had 200,000 single bills delivered to the hotel.

This is a lesson to all on bad customer service, says the STOMPer, who describes the incident in an email to STOMP.

"A coal mine owner in Shanxi, China brought along RMB 100,000 cash to spend in a local hotel.

"It turned out the bill came up to RMB 200,000.

"The coal mine owner asked the hotel to let him pay by credit card.

"The hotel refused and insisted cash payment only followed by a heated argument between the hotel and the coal mine owner.

"In order to teach them a lesson, the mine owner made a phone call.

"After a while two cars carrying 200,000 pieces of RMB 1 notes in sacks arrived in front of the hotel.

"Hotel staff had to waste time and effort counting the single bills.

"This man showed us all how to manage bad customer service. So, who is the winner in the end?"

Visit STOMP

↡ Advertisement

wahahahahaha... nice one... maybe he could have gotten a lorry in to pay in coins...

coins would be good..hahahaa..too bad in singapore, anything more than 20 coins is not considered a legal tender.. [laugh]

coins would be good..hahahaa..too bad in singapore, anything more than 20 coins is not considered a legal tender.. [laugh]

really??? i didnt know that... i remember a guy who was pissed with a bus driver and one day he waited for the same bus driver and paid $1.20 bus fare in 5cents and 1cent coins.... haha

it was a hotel.... not a bank... -_-

but i guess they could have borrowed one....

they did used one. see the 5th photo. or was that something else? -_-

Edited by Simplesilver

Actually nobody wins. The hotel staff has to waste time counting the money but then what are staff paid for. The customer has to suck thumb and wait till the counting over before he can leaves. Everybody time is wasted.

actually the way to prevent this is to set how much $$ can be paid by $1.

Just like if I am not wrong, in Singapore we do have such limit as well. Coins only up to $10 or something...

Why didn't Mr Towkay find out if the hotel accepted CCs in the first place?

That's almost always the first question I ask when I go to a new place, even if it seems obvious.

in the first place....what did he spend on ?? 200000CNY...that is SGD40k ok....in a local hotel ??? sexy sexy party ??? [laugh][laugh]

After all his time looking at coal and coal workers, can you blame him if he wants some real fun? [laugh]

actually the way to prevent this is to set how much $$ can be paid by $1.

Just like if I am not wrong, in Singapore we do have such limit as well. Coins only up to $10 or something...

and about 5c, what is the maximum number of 5c in payment?

i heard of some stalls that refuse to accept more than four 5c coins <_< <_<

and about 5c, what is the maximum number of 5c in payment?

i heard of some stalls that refuse to accept more than four 5c coins <_< <_<

Is this like the reason why singapore stop using 1cents? [:p]<_<

Edited by Simplesilver

in the first place....what did he spend on ?? 200000CNY...that is SGD40k ok....in a local hotel ??? sexy sexy party ??? [laugh][laugh]

easy to spend S$40K lah...

company D&D, celebrate hitting a giant vein of coal....invite all the miners and their families, easily 4000 people banquet, per head S$10 dinner, in certain parts of China can have a not-bad dinner already....that's it, S$40K spent lol

Why didn't Mr Towkay find out if the hotel accepted CCs in the first place?

That's almost always the first question I ask when I go to a new place, even if it seems obvious.

maybe the hotel don't want take the risk of accepting 200K via CC

it will not work in Singapore.

The hotel manager will ask the rich man to wait. And then ask the toilet cleaner ah-peh to count the money to make sure it's correct! That will takes all night for the ah-peh to count and the richan have to wait.

So u see, rich man try to act smart, the singaporan manager also not stupid!

Is this like the reason why singapore stop using 1cents? [:p]<_<

Why we stopped using 1 cent? One word -> inflation.

The cost of producing the 1 cent coin exceeded the face value, that's the official reason.

It probably won't be too long before we phase out 5 cents too. [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement