• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
65 replies to this topic | 20 praises

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:49 PM

Icyfreakass
  • Premium member
    Icyfreakass
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys, any to recommend? Am using my shampoo for it currently, not very good.

Heard rainx will cause streaks. Is it true??

Which brand do u guys use?
2 Anonymous members praised this
Visit our one-stop bulbstore at the sponsor's thread.!!!!

Tons of pictures added.(page 27)
Go to last page for new products.

New DRLs are in.--->
http://www.mycarforu...o...2970&st=580
Pg29 for installed pics.

---------------------------

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:53 PM

Roverboy
  • Premium member
    Roverboy
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I am using those premix with water 1st auxobax,cost 4 plus for a big bottle
1 Anonymous member praised this
-------------------------------------------------------------
Power Is Nothing Without Control, Its The Driver Not The Car
why list all mods?

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:05 AM

Housemartiniz
  • Housemartiniz
    Clutched
    Author Image

What about just pre-mixing water with a pinch of Mama Lem0n (dishwashing liquid)...I do that sometimes. Recommended by a friend actually.

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:40 AM

Optivax
  • Optivax
    Sponsor
    Author Image

Hi Icy..it is recommended not to use any chemical or shampoo mixed in reservoir..I would recommend use distilled water..grab 1 bottle from 7 eleven or any kiosk..

the reason..for all this chemical..once it is dry..some may leave etch marks on surface and especially nozzle is on the bonnet..The best is carry one glass cleaner in your car..do it externally..
Check out our Super Deal.

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:02 AM

Zztensor
  • Zztensor
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

i use Armor All windscreen wash, which requires u to top up with water. (quite easy to do, becos the bottle has markings tat indicate how much to pour into ur reservoir, n then juz top up with tap water)

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:38 PM

Mercuryjj
  • Mercuryjj
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi Icy..it is recommended not to use any chemical or shampoo mixed in reservoir..I would recommend use distilled water..grab 1 bottle from 7 eleven or any kiosk..

the reason..for all this chemical..once it is dry..some may leave etch marks on surface and especially nozzle is on the bonnet..The best is carry one glass cleaner in your car..do it externally..

I remember watching a video quite a while back, were they tried different brands of distilled water.
And the one that they recommended is the Evian Distilled water.

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:11 PM

SupperTime
  • SupperTime
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I am using those premix with water 1st auxobax,cost 4 plus for a big bottle

using that too. no streaks so far...

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:36 PM

Icyfreakass
  • Premium member
    Icyfreakass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

yea, was using my cars shampoo.. Bad streaks.
Just plain distilled?
What about those like armorall or rainx.?

Does optivax have any product?

New DRLs are in.--->
Pg29 for installed pics.

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:45 PM

Kiadaw
  • Kiadaw
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Get Economy Windcreen Wash 5 litre lah,

it only cost around *wait for it*.....S$150,000 (GBP 72.7k) <see link>

Economy Windscreen Wash

laugh.gif

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:34 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I just use distilled water.

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:38 PM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I dont advocate use of premix as the chemicals is harmful to paint works. The residual leaves behind stains on the body works too.

I have been using just water only for many years.

but a few ago fell for the temptation of the Sonax clear view windscreen washer. But regretted after first dosage.
Smearing of view and staining bodyworks. Got to dilute the washer tanks a few times to cleear that stuff away.

So back to just water only.

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:54 PM

Atlantis80
  • Premium member
    Atlantis80
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Get Economy Windcreen Wash 5 litre lah,

it only cost around *wait for it*.....S$150,000 (GBP 72.7k) <see link>

Economy Windscreen Wash

laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:04 PM

Picanto

I dont advocate use of premix as the chemicals is harmful to paint works. The residual leaves behind stains on the body works too.

but a few ago fell for the temptation of the Sonax clear view windscreen washer. But regretted after first dosage.
Smearing of view and staining bodyworks. Got to dilute the washer tanks a few times to cleear that stuff away.

lucky i never buy. the ads i saw make this product really tempting

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:15 PM

Kiadaw
  • Kiadaw
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Unless you live in region where temperature periodically drop below freezing, I guess water should be just fine, maybe add a bit of car shampoo for lubrication.

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

Icyfreakass
  • Premium member
    Icyfreakass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Don try that, car shampoo will cause streaks to form..

New DRLs are in.--->
Pg29 for installed pics.

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:27 PM

Darkblue
  • Darkblue
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Using water only will cause Legionnaires' Disease

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10293519

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:29 PM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Despite years of discipline, I fell for the temptation after watching the ad.

The few seconds of smearing was very bad. Almost cannot see traffic ahead.

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:41 PM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Screenwash was mentioned, but they did not state what is the composition of screen wash.
I only know of the traditional screen wash base material, which is spirit or alchohol.
Maybe, they could be some neutral chemicals that we can use to prevent Legionnaires disease.

With only one study, I find it hard to accept the research result. if there are more of such research, many more pple will be convinced.

Right now, I'll still keep to topping up with tap water everytime I refuel.
Tap water got chlorine, right?

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:42 PM

Icyfreakass
  • Premium member
    Icyfreakass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Wow, thanks for sharing man..

I got the armorall windscreen fluid. so far so good.

New DRLs are in.--->
Pg29 for installed pics.

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:12 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

U use yr hair shampoo or car shampoo?

Hair shampoo wil get into small crevices n later u wil get rust problem. Car shampoo usually hv rust inhibitors but not all.

I just use water n it works very well. Some additives wil leave residue n clog up e jets or washer pump motor n tubings.

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users